Family & Parenthood 02 (Jan 10 - Aug 10)

Re: Family & Parenthood 2 (Jan 10 - Aug 10)

Postby Aspellian » Wed Aug 18, 2010 9:41 am

I agree that each person when he do certain things has his own "valid reasons". If that valid reasons is not reasonable or against better judgement, it is important to advice to prevent worse outcome.

But I agree that there is a limit as to what we can do. maybe the truth will come out one day. The person maybe enlightened that his actions are not right... and learnt to release forgiveness.

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Re: Family & Parenthood 2 (Jan 10 - Jul 10)

Postby Aspellian » Wed Aug 18, 2010 10:00 am

Cheng wrote:
winston wrote:The kids are having their summer holidays and I'm trying to get them to do something useful, instead of just playing online games and watching online movies.

I tried getting the younger boy to read "Secrets of the Richest Man Ever Lived". It's about the life of King Solomon, supposedly the richest man ever, after taking into account of inflation.

Anyway, his reply was, "How come you are not the richest man ever, even after you have read the book ?" ... :oops:

Hey Winston,

Hahaha... Your boy is very smart. :D

King Solomon is not only rich in material wealth, he is also rich in knowledge, wisdom, being disciplined and have a deep understanding of life on this earth. He is both well-liked by God and man. :)

Hi Winston and Cheng,

Thanks for highlighting the book and making reference that King Solomon is well-liked by God.
It never crossed my mind that King Solomon is from the Bible... I googled and here are some background of King Solomon:

http://www.ucg.org/bsc/02/kingsolomon.htm
http://www.aish.com/jl/h/cc/48937102.html

I will definitely go pick up the book.

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby iam802 » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:08 am

Just filing it here.

--
From Straits Times:

The Integrated Programme (IP) will be extended to seven more schools, up from the initial 11, for express students.

It seems that the success for the IP has lead to a crunch or lack of vacancies for top students from the normal 'O' level route.

Doing well in 'O' levels may not be enough to earn a place in the top JCs (cos' lots of places are taken by those in the IP)
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Aug 30, 2010 11:27 am

i have nothing against our local universities, afterall, one of them is my alma mater...

but i think, if one can afford, and if the child's grades are more than decent, to send them away to the established universities, it maybe better
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Previous

Return to Archives