Life 06 (Jan 10 - Mar 10)

Re: Life 6 (Jan 10 - Mar 10)

Postby winston » Tue Mar 23, 2010 1:38 pm

Revolution in consciousness

For me, revolution is synonymous with religion. I do not mean by the word 'revolution' immediate economic or social change: I mean a revolution in consciousness itself.

All other forms of revolution, whether Communist, Capitalist or what you will, are merely reactionary. A revolution in the mind, which means the complete destruction of what has been, so that the mind is capable of seeing what is true without distortion, without illusion- that is the way of religion.

I think the real, the true religious mind does exist, can exist. I think if one has gone into it very deeply, one can discover such a mind for oneself.

A mind that has broken down, destroyed, all the barriers, all the lies which society, religion, dogma. belief have imposed upon it, and gone beyond to discover what is true, is the true religious mind.

Meeting Life

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Mar 23, 2010 7:51 pm

What is the connection between a tree and the humanbody?

The human body is a world in itself. The body is a tree. Love of the Self is the root. Desires are the branches it sends forth.

Qualities, attributes and modes of behavior that are based on the basic nature are the flowers from the tree.
Joy and grief are the fruits thereof.

Blood flows through and animates every part of the body. So too, Divinity is flowing in and through and activating every spot in the world.

Source: radiosai.orf
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Mar 24, 2010 7:05 am

What is the fundamental truth that we must never forget and put into practice?

You should make the right use of the eyes, ears and tongue which the Divine has gifted to you. Whoever is able to control these will achieve greatness.

One should therefore cultivate these virtues and attain divinity. This is the primary objective and fundamental basis of all education. Those bereft of these virtues are verily demons.

This is the essence and the message of the scriptures. Never neglect these teachings. They are for emancipation and redemption of mankind. Put them into practice in your life.

Source: radiosai.org
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:42 pm

Happiness through something must invariably beget conflict

We find a certain happiness in the self-forgetfulness of sex, and so we use it as a means to achieve what we desire. Happiness through something must invariably beget conflict, for then the means is vastly more significant and important than happiness itself.

If I get happiness through the beauty of that chair, then the chair becomes all-important to me and I must guard it against others. In this struggle, the happiness which I once felt in the beauty of the chair is utterly forgotten, lost, and I am left with the chair.

In itself, the chair has little value; but I have given it an extraordinary value, for it is the means of my happiness. So the means becomes a substitute for happiness. When the means of my happiness is a living person, then the conflict and confusion, the antagonism and pain are far greater.

If relationship is based on mere usage, is there any relationship, except the most superficial, between the user and the used? If I use you for my happiness, am I really related to you? Relationship implies communion with another on different levels; and is there communion with another when he is only a tool, a means of my happiness?

In thus using another, am I not really seeking self-isolation, in which I think I shall be happy? This self-isolation I call relationship; but actually there is no communion in this process. Communion can exist only where there is no fear; and there is gnawing fear and pain where there is usage and so dependence.

As nothing can live in isolation, the attempts of the mind to isolate itself lead to its own frustration and misery. To escape from this sense of incompleteness, we seek completeness in ideals, in people, in things; and so we are back again where we started, in the search for substitutes.

Commentaries on Living Series I Chapter 41 Awareness

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Mar 25, 2010 6:54 am

How should we pray to the Divine to earn and gain wealth?

Wealth acquired through the grace of the Divine is the most potent wisdom in itself.

For this reason, the ancient seers prayed to the Divine thus, "Dear Lord, You are the very embodiment of the Divine. Burden me not with worldly riches, but grant me the wisdom that is the source of Supreme treasure.
I shall be fully content with that wealth and since it is capable of being utilized for Your service, You too will be glad when I have it!"

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Mar 25, 2010 7:55 pm

Identification

The other day, as one was walking along a secluded wooded lane, far from the noise and the brutality and the vulgarity of civilization, right away from everything that was put together by man, there was a sense of great quietness, enveloping all things - serene, distant and full of the sound of the earth.

As you walked along quietly, not disturbing the things of the earth around you, the bushes, the trees, the crickets and the birds, suddenly round a bend there were two small creatures quarrelling with each other, fighting in their small way.

One was trying to drive off the other. The other was intruding, trying to get into the other's little hole, and the owner was fighting it off. Presently the owner won and the other ran off. Again there was quietness, a sense of deep solitude.

And as you looked up, the path climbed high into the mountains, the waterfall was gently murmuring down the side of the path; there was great beauty and infinite dignity, not the dignity achieved by man that seems so vain and arrogant.

The little creature had identified itself with its home, as we human beings do. We are always trying to identify ourselves with our race, with our culture, with those things which we believe in, with some mystical figure, or some saviour, some kind of super authority.

Identifying with something seems to be the nature of man. Probably we have derived this feeling from that little animal.

Krishnamurti to Himself Ojai California Tuesday 10th March, 1983

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Mar 26, 2010 6:52 am

How can we ensure that our journey to the Divine is smooth and hassle-free?

For achieving success in any task, Righteousness is very important. Without fear of sin, righteousness cannot originate and love for the Divine too will not develop.

From this fear of sin arises Devotion which leads to worshipping the Divine. Your body is a caravan, your mind its watchman and your soul is the pilgrim.

For a hassle-free journey to eternity, there is nothing as reliable as remembering the Name of the Divine. Once the sweetness of the Name has been experienced, you will not have any exhaustion, unrest or sloth. You will complete your pilgrimage joyfully, enthusiastically and with deep conviction.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Mar 27, 2010 6:42 am

How can we leverage desires to achieve everlasting peace?

For a drowning man, even a reed is of some support. So too, for a person struggling in the sea of worldly existence, a few good words spoken by someone might be of great help.

No good deed goes waste. Likewise, each bad deed has its consequence. So, strive to avoid the slightest trace of evil in all your activities.

Keep your eyes pure, fill your ears with the words of the Divine and do not allow them to listen to calumny. Use the tongue for uttering kind, good and true words.

Always remember the Divine. Such a constant effort will certainly grant you victory.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Mar 27, 2010 1:11 pm

The me and the you remain

You have only one head and look after it for it's a marvellous thing. No machinery, no electronic computers can compare with it. It's so vast, so complex, so utterly capable, subtle and productive. It's the storehouse of experience, knowledge, memory.

All thought springs from it. What it has put together is quite incredible: the mischief, the confusion, the sorrows, the wars, the corruptions, the illusions, the ideals, the pain and misery, the great cathedrals, the lovely mosques and the sacred temples.

It is fantastic what it has done and what it can do. But one thing it apparently cannot do: change completely its behaviour in its relationship to another head, to another man.

Neither punishment nor reward seem to change its behaviour; knowledge doesn't seem to transform its conduct. The me and the you remain.

It never realizes that the me is the you, that the observer is the observed. Its love is its degeneration; its pleasure is its agony; the gods of its ideals are its destroyers.

Its freedom is its own prison; it is educated to live in this prison, only making it more comfortable, more pleasurable. You have only one head, care for it, don't destroy it. It's so easy to poison it.

Krishnamurti Journal Brockwood Park 4th Entry 17th September 1973

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Mar 27, 2010 2:48 pm

How can we leverage desires to achieve everlasting peace?

Desires breed wishes. Wishes cause birth and also death.

If you are devoid of desires, you need not go through birth and death. The next birth is the result of unfulfilled desires in this life and is determined by them.

However, the desire to know the Divine, to love the Divine and be loved by the Divine, is a desire that does not bind. When awareness of the Divine dawns in all its splendor, every worldly, sensual desire is reduced to ashes.

The individual Self will then turn towards Universal Self and delight itself in supreme everlasting peace.

winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives