Aspellian's Garden

Re: Aspellian's Garden

Postby cif5000 » Sat Aug 29, 2009 12:07 am

Very nice. Long time no chat and I am glad that you have started gardening as a hobby. As for me, I stick to rearing chicken. As a chicken farmer, I make sure that the chicken I have are HENS and not COCKS, because I want them to lay eggs. If they do not lay eggs, I slaughter them for the meat. I will keep them if they continue to lay me at least one egg every morning. As their feeds get more nutritional, the eggs get bigger. Of course, when fertilized, these eggs will hatch into chicks and grow up to lay me more eggs. Sometimes, my neighbor will offer to pay me a handsome price to buy over some of my chickens. If he is paying a good price, I will sell some to him.
cif5000
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:17 am

CB..... cif5K.... U NB finally turn up....
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby cif5000 » Sun Aug 30, 2009 11:45 pm

KNN, I am always around. The past months had been extremely busy as I looked to increase my farm with chickens. Now that the chickens are laying eggs, I have some time to talk about the COCKS.
cif5000
Foreman

Postby Aspellian » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:00 am

Hi Cif5k!

Welcome to my Garden!

Ya - i must admit you are one great chicken farmer i really admire! your chicks are really damn "shiu"! ;)
That is why i am inspire to set up my garden and tend to it with lots of love,tender,care and patience and to harvest the fruits and enjoy the blooms in future!

really long time no chat bout investment ideas - if got fate can meet up for kopi. :D

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:02 am

cif5000 wrote:KNN, I am always around. The past months had been extremely busy as I looked to increase my farm with chickens. Now that the chickens are laying eggs, I have some time to talk about the COCKS.

so...eventually, our chickens are not charging you by the hour....well done.... they may drain you dry somehow.... 我妈妈病了。。。。我弟弟要上学。。。我要个LV....etc...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby cif5000 » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:22 am

Well, I hope I don't come across as impolite to talk about chicken in the Garden. In fact, one shouldn't affix too much affection to the chickens. Many chicken farmer wannabe had the misconception that once you buy a chicken, it is for till-death-do-we-part. In my view, if they can satisfy your needs, you take them (of course not too expensive lah). The important thing is to open the eyes, and make sure that they are not cocks. For if they were, you can forget about the eggs, or whatever needs that you were seeking.
cif5000
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Mon Aug 31, 2009 12:26 am

wahahahaha.....deep ....deep.....i like....

ps : anyways...i hope your hens lay your many many eggs...HUat HUat hor....

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Aspellian » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:18 am

TOL:

is today the last chance to get out of market or the market still have more legs to go up??

so far most of my stocks still near to purchase price, only one went up >10%. hmmm... does shows that market is weak. probably time to pluck out the weed and wait for clearer sky.

but that will be against my rule to bring out umbrella only when it actually rains... instead of trying to anticipate rain based on gut feel. weather very unpredictable - which is why i trying to cut down on human judgement errors by following market strictly.

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby Aspellian » Tue Sep 01, 2009 10:22 am

cif5000 wrote:Well, I hope I don't come across as impolite to talk about chicken in the Garden. In fact, one shouldn't affix too much affection to the chickens. Many chicken farmer wannabe had the misconception that once you buy a chicken, it is for till-death-do-we-part. In my view, if they can satisfy your needs, you take them (of course not too expensive lah). The important thing is to open the eyes, and make sure that they are not cocks. For if they were, you can forget about the eggs, or whatever needs that you were seeking.

Hey cif5k, thanks for your advice, your farming skills have increased alot recently - Congrats! your chicken are most welcome to roam in the Garden - i set up special area for them!
:lol:

Aspellian
Boss

Postby Aspellian » Fri Sep 04, 2009 10:56 am

TOL: Selling stocks when market under pressure
- sell weak performing stocks first
- hold on to the stronger performance stocks - somehow they buckle the trends better - and interests are still strong. when market go back uptrend, they will also run faster.

eg. AusGroup and Ho Bee.

TOL: Buying growth stocks with high PE
when growth stocks keep on rising, PE keep on rising - it becomes too obvious to everyone that this is a growth stock. sometimes need to let the stock take a breather and consolidate its price. usually it will be better when it announce its full year results whereby historical PE are reset from 70 to 15... if good quarterly results and positive news continue to flow. then the stock have chance to go up further.

eg. Ezion

TOL: Dun have to buy all stocks in the stock lists
Do not over-diversify yourself. Just because a stock looks good and put on your stock list, you dun have to force yourself to buy it. Neither do you have to justify that you are diversifying.
If you have done your homework - fundamentals, price/vol action, market conditions etc, then buy the best of the lot.
keep to 3 stocks with the best potentials instead of >5-7 stocks.
but watch the 3 stocks with an eagle eye and ready to get out when anything drastic happens.

eg. Epure - put in watchlist but on hindsight - funddamentals not truly outstanding, water stocks not market flavour, price/vol action is weak.

Aspellian
Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives