Aspellian's Garden

Re: Aspellian's Garden

Postby kennynah » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:24 pm

aspellian wrote:haha, if you think you staying in palace, then you are staying in palace!! its all a state of mind!! Be content and feel blessed! :lol:

yeah... i oso have a garden...this is my plant...and the only plant....

Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:26 pm

San San wrote:A bro,

how about planting a durian tree? a typical durian tree bear fruit after 4-5 years ... ... Ken's favourite ... hor?

indeed my favourite fruit... it takes at least 8 years from seed in soil to the 1st fruit on the branch... mostly, they take some 10 years before their bear fruit... it is a long investment...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Aspellian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 10:55 am

saw dark clouds looming. my joints and muschles are aching. could be becos of last sunday half marathon or thunderstorm coming.

Decided to do a bit of gardening. harvest my bananas. small ones only but i am elated to have my very first harvest based on new gardening techniques passed down from JL to ONeil to MM.

dun mind having more water/profits during bloodbath therefore i am going with the flow of river, which i anticipate will be bursting through the banks because of the oncoming thunderstorm. Digging trenches and drains to prevent flooding and to collect some water (environmental friendly lei!) to be use as feedstock/water during the next planting season. abit like building reservoir.

while the water accumulates in my new reservoir, i will start pondering/research/check out gardening books on what stocks to plant when the dark clouds clear. must be a diligent farmer/gardener. :D

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby millionairemind » Tue Aug 18, 2009 12:20 pm

You speak in coded language man!!! I catch no ball .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just hope you huat huat :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:01 pm

wahahahahaha..... aspellian... u better than JL... he only used colours.... u employ the entire english language to secret code your trades...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Aspellian » Tue Aug 18, 2009 1:35 pm

kennynah wrote:wahahahahaha..... aspellian... u better than JL... he only used colours.... u employ the entire english language to secret code your trades...

millionairemind wrote:You speak in coded language man!!! I catch no ball .... :lol: :lol: :lol:

Just hope you huat huat :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Big Brothers,
Welcome to my Green Garden! :mrgreen: :geek:

But you guys think too much!! That is why have all these visions in your head of coded language, symbols, trendlines, silhouette (H&S), candlesticks (very SM), cutleries (cups and handles), kumos, ichiwiki, kawaii, hawaii, bikinis!! :D :lol: ;)

I am just doing simple gardening. Nothing fanciful. ;)
Fruits are good for health. Actually Fruit juices are better - - - :mrgreen:

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Wed Aug 19, 2009 9:50 am

Hi Aspellian
You've got a luxuriant garden :D :D
It's good to have a vision of what you wanna have :D . Watch out for weeds, snails, caterpillars.
It needs tender loving care.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby Aspellian » Wed Aug 19, 2009 10:00 am

LenaHuat wrote:Hi Aspellian
You've got a luxuriant garden :D :D
It's good to have a vision of what you wanna have :D . Watch out for weeds, snails, caterpillars.
It needs tender loving care.

Thanks Lena-姐,

Welcome to my humble garden!

I put in effort to find a picture of the garden i will love to have - a vision in my heart. :oops:

I will remember your advice and always put in lots of efforts and LOVE to build up my garden home! :)

Aspellian
Boss

Postby Aspellian » Sat Aug 22, 2009 5:48 pm

Dark clouds blown away. Weatherman not accurate - but what can we do if the prediction not right? Of cos we dun argue with the sky. at most scold the weatherman, but hey - at least he's right 2/3 of times.

Putting raincoats on standby. Going out to fly kite liao - sunny day... <but still got dark clouds on the horizon, (distribution days still high)> - raincoats always on standby.

what to buy?
will research and look out for my fav growth stocks. esp those that are strong in this super-light drizzle.
also oil price is up, up and away, will be more O&G focus.
property counters? hmmm - so obvious bubble is forming, but nobody seems to care!! so can buy? wondering, risk-reward lower, probably.
IPO market seems to be back, PEC, Mary Chia...(rise so high, i scratch head, prob should read up the prospectus to see what's so bloody good bought these counters). will prob apply coming IPO to earn kopi-$.

bright and sunny day! let's enjoy the sunshine while its here. Hope to have some flower-buds to bloom. :lol:

Aspellian
Boss

Postby Aspellian » Mon Aug 24, 2009 3:33 pm

TOL: Starting to realise i have a "small" mental block on the following:

"Buy High, Sell Higher".

theory is to
- buy on uptrend.
- buy growth stocks
- multi-baggers are harvested in uptrend

but this will also mean:
- PE of growth stocks super high (eg. Ezion historical PE of 70)
- growth stocks usually reach 52-week high in uptrend and the share price is going to territory not ventured before (uncertainty)

So the conflicting thoughts come in when i argue between my new beliefs vs my old beliefs.
- no wonder they always say, investors always dun cut loss, take profits too soon or do not let profits run.
- will wonder whether to sell and lock in meagre profits

So to succeed, you HAVE to change your mindset and must let your profits run!
Safety net being to cut loss at 7% of purchase price and probably have a trailing stop loss of 15% and when market trend changes, SELL.

and also believe that you are now a free man! no longer bonded by your old beliefs.

Aspellian
Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives