Aspellian's Garden

Aspellian's Garden

Postby Aspellian » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:07 pm

Welcome to Aspellian's Garden:

This is the place where I will care for my beautiful garden, water my plants, trim the leaves and pull the weeds.

I will wish to nurture the plants and watch the flowers bloom over time as I harvest the fruits of my labour to be share with many more.

Disclaimer: Please note that any comments on stocks or investments are not to be taken as recommendations to invest. Please do your own research and seek professional advice if necessary. The blogger is not obliged to update his investment status at anytime.

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Re: Aspellian's Garden

Postby kennynah » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:14 pm

what a fabulous garden you have... i didn't realize you stay at the Istana?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Aspellian » Sat Aug 15, 2009 2:43 pm

Gardening's objective -

invest in uptrend.
buy bananas, index, growth stocks.

sell in downtrend.
sell pineapples, index, short fundamentally weak.

follow the weather - let the market force be your friend.
never walk naked holding a metal rod in a thunderstorm of torrential rain and lightning.
5 fingers, 2-4 limbs.

pluck out weeds whenever necessary - cut loss 7%
never average down; only average up.

Triangular strategy
- market
- FA
- TA

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby Aspellian » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:13 pm

Banana Stocks on the plate
- Ezion - Big Aussie Project - Gorgon LNG - largest LNG project in Aussie-land (world?) - Chevron/BP/Shell project
- Rotary Eng - breakthrough to international bigboys playground - US$600mm project
- Epure - crisis allows us to show which water stocks are pretenders and which are healthy kids - Epure stands out - and moving onto Saudi project (1st overseas project). Resistance at $0.60
- Ezra - transforming. MW done great analysis. i did background check on its "fishy" deal with STP - could be family related but positive outcome - Ezra may move on to be an integrated O&G company if they buy over STP which found gas field recently... pure speculation.
- YZJiang - amazingly growing earnings vs cosco. CFO on massage-chair or CEO super-fit that runs marathons?
- Tat Hong - PE invested 10%. Venturing into China.
- Yanlord - premium property developer in China.

Pineapple stocks
- Cosco - order cancellations, revenue dropping, margins dropping even more. mysterious hand holding cosco at $1.20... if market breaks, dun think cosco can defy gravity.
- Oceanus - expectations of high revenue and profits not materialising... accounting valuation gains.
- Yanlord - proxy to CHina indexes? Yanlord seems to gyrate with China markets. if China market breaks, Yanlord could thread down as well... but risk of shorting fundamentally strong stock.
Last edited by Aspellian on Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Aspellian
Boss

Postby helios » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:19 pm

Aspellian brother,

As a gardener, you actually rate the stocks the most creative way ... ha ha ... ...

So, what kinds of fruits do we have a tendency to indulge??
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Sat Aug 15, 2009 3:37 pm

Aspellian wrote:Pineapple stocks
- Cosco
- Yanlord

Cosco is a big company and I would be a bit careful if shorting it. If the parent does a buyback or bring it private, it may be quite painful...

Yanlord is premier property play in China. All of their projects are aways sold out. I would also be a bit careful if shorting it. I have seen their projects and they have good quality projects...

Not a buy / sell recommendation. :?
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby Musicwhiz » Sat Aug 15, 2009 4:19 pm

I guess all my investments are watermelons. Tough on the outside, fleshy and juicy on the inside, and full of seeds if you are not careful ! :lol:
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby Aspellian » Sat Aug 15, 2009 5:57 pm

winston wrote:
Aspellian wrote:Pineapple stocks
- Cosco
- Yanlord

Cosco is a big company and I would be a bit careful if shorting it. If the parent does a buyback or bring it private, it may be quite painful...

Yanlord is premier property play in China. All of their projects are aways sold out. I would also be a bit careful if shorting it. I have seen their projects and they have good quality projects...

Not a buy / sell recommendation. :?

Hi Big Bro Winston,

Thanks for the advice, always appreciate it!

TOL: If market breaks, China may lead the slide. so s-chip related will be more affected.
Cosco fundamentally weak - i am more negatively confident of it than Yanlord. Cosco is simply defying logic - Multi-BEGGAR results/losses but still holding up - just shows what wonders an uptrend can do to junk stocks.
But Yanlord seems to be a good proxy to China indexes - gyrates to every beat of China Indexes. China down, Yanlord down = Simple-mind theory. I do acknowledge 100% Yanlord is fundamentally very strong.

Actually Yanlord is in both my Banana and Pineapple list!!

Aspellian
Boss

Postby Aspellian » Sat Aug 15, 2009 10:49 pm

San San wrote:Aspellian brother,

As a gardener, you actually rate the stocks the most creative way ... ha ha ... ...

So, what kinds of fruits do we have a tendency to indulge??

haha.. since its my garden, can anyhow rate stocks or talk fruity!
All types of fruits are good depending on the time of the season. All stocks are good depending on which direction market wind blows... just remember to be on the RIGHT side. :) <Sounds so simple hor... hahahaha!!>

Musicwhiz wrote:I guess all my investments are watermelons. Tough on the outside, fleshy and juicy on the inside, and full of seeds if you are not careful ! :lol:

Agree that your portfolio is one that may survive big storms. good mix.
but sometimes if there's torrential downpour, watermelons dun taste as sweet cos they absorb too much water... become white inside. This shows that even if your watermelon is of juicy-genes (fundamental/value) but if weather is not right (economy, market direction), your watermelon may also not be sweet. yes - they may slowly become sweet again - just monitor melons closely (which i know you are doing), there maybe risk of rotting. ;)

kennynah wrote:what a fabulous garden you have... i didn't realize you stay at the Istana?

haha, if you think you staying in palace, then you are staying in palace!! its all a state of mind!! Be content and feel blessed! :lol:

Aspellian
Boss

Postby helios » Sat Aug 15, 2009 11:02 pm

A bro,

how about planting a durian tree? a typical durian tree bear fruit after 4-5 years ... ... Ken's favourite ... hor?

i guess, what i am doing now, is to ledge on the U.S. market, rather than local scene ... mei mei is re-reading the security analysis, part III, 'Blood and Judgement", the focus is on bankrupt companies ...
helios
Permanent Loafer

Next

Return to Archives