Life 04 (Aug 09 - Sep 09)

Re: Life (Aug09 - Sep09)

Postby winston » Sun Sep 27, 2009 6:20 am

What is the fine line that a devotee should tread? What should one eliminate in oneself?

It is not good to spend time in conversations which are fault finding and abusive in nature. These are natural and common with many people.

Knowing this, those who aspire to become true devotees should search only for bases on which they should build their joy. All the available time should be used for holy purposes, it should not be wasted.

You have nothing to do with the good and the bad in the others. Instead of wasting the time, it should be utilized to discard the bad and develop the good in you.

Source: radiosai.org
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:38 pm

The thinker and the thought

When you observe yourself very clearly, when you are aware choicelessly of every thought, of every feeling, then you will come upon something—which is that there is a thinker and there is the thought; that there is an experiencer, an observer, and there is the experience, the observed.

This is a fact, is it not?—there is a censor, an entity which judges, evaluates, which thinks, which observes; and there is the thing which is observed...

So there is a thinker, there is the thought. There is a division between the thinker and the thought—the thinker trying to dominate the thought, trying to change the thought, trying to modify the thought, trying to control it, trying to force it, trying to imitate and so on.

This division between the thinker and the thought creates conflict because the thinker is always the censor, the entity that judges, that evaluates. That entity is a conditioned entity because it has arisen as a reaction to thought, which is itself merely the reaction of conditioning, of memory.

You understand, sirs? This is a very simple thing to find out for yourself.

The Collected Works vol XIII, p 90

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby Aspellian » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:06 am

winston wrote:The thinker and the thought

When you observe yourself very clearly, when you are aware choicelessly of every thought, of every feeling, then you will come upon something—which is that there is a thinker and there is the thought; that there is an experiencer, an observer, and there is the experience, the observed.

This is a fact, is it not?—there is a censor, an entity which judges, evaluates, which thinks, which observes; and there is the thing which is observed...

So there is a thinker, there is the thought. There is a division between the thinker and the thought—the thinker trying to dominate the thought, trying to change the thought, trying to modify the thought, trying to control it, trying to force it, trying to imitate and so on.

This division between the thinker and the thought creates conflict because the thinker is always the censor, the entity that judges, that evaluates. That entity is a conditioned entity because it has arisen as a reaction to thought, which is itself merely the reaction of conditioning, of memory.

You understand, sirs? This is a very simple thing to find out for yourself.

The Collected Works vol XIII, p 90

Recently i finally realised how important it is to have control over one's thoughts. Be Do Have. Ask, Believe with Faith and Receive with Thanks. Be aware of your thoughts and you will be shocked/amazed by the junk or miracles it can performed. Control your thoughts and censor strictly the lies and deceits of Fear, Lack, Anger, Passive, Laziness, Lust etc and filled it with Passion, Love, Peace, Abundance, Wealth, Health and Thanks.

Life is amazing - if you think it is so. :lol:

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby winston » Mon Sep 28, 2009 9:44 am

Trapped in our worldly lives, what are the pitfalls that we lead ourselves to? And how to avoid them?

During the little time available, if you don't think of some good subject, but merely recollect the ignorant prattle of others, it is as if you too have joined the blame game. This is harmful to a devotee. One word following another produces anger and pain.

The path of devotion is designed for suppressing, not developing these qualities. The talk of the fault finders is like the sound of bronze. Cheap metals make more sound. Gold which does not make sound is very valuable. So too, true devotees will remain mute, following the path of silence. Their tongue will be fully engaged in the repetition of the essential greatness of the Divine's Name.

It is best that they have no respite for any other word. So, do not permit the words of the bronze-voiced persons to enter your ears, instead fill them with the Name of the Divine.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Sep 28, 2009 3:51 pm

The dualistic process

Apart from obvious duality as man and woman, black and white, there is an inward psychological duality as the observer and the observed, the one who experiences and the thing experienced.

In this division, in which time and space are involved, is the whole process of conflict; you can observe it in yourself.

You are violent, that is a fact and you also have the ideological concept of non-violence, so there is duality. Now the observer says “I must become non-violent” and the attempt to become non-violent is conflict, which is a waste of energy; whereas if the observer is totally aware of that violence—without the ideological concept of non-violence—then he is able to deal with it immediately.

One must observe this dualistic process at work within oneself—this division of the “I” and the “not-I”, the observer and the observed.

Talks with American Students, p 111

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Sep 29, 2009 8:37 am

Take Responsibility

Take responsibility for the way you feel. Take responsibility for the way you react to life. Take responsibility for your own happiness. Until you do, you will always be at the whim of other people and circumstances. Until you do, you will always be enslaved by conditions. Until you do, your life will always be a repetitive cycle of ups and downs that someone or something else is apparently controlling.

But the only one controlling anything is you, whether you know it or not. You are in charge, of your feelings, of your life, of you. You get to choose what happens to you. You get to choose how you feel about what happens to you.

If you think you are helpless to what life throws at you, you are not acknowledging your own role in this co-creative Universe. You are not acknowledging your own power and worth. You came here intending to create a life filled with joy, passion and expansion. You came here knowing you have the power, ability and freedom to do so.

Remember who you are. Remember your true intentions. Remember the life you set out to create for yourself.

Take responsibility for it and create it. It's not too late. It's never too late.

Source: followyoursoul.com
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Sep 29, 2009 12:04 pm

The “me” and the other “me”

What do you mean when you use the term “myself”? As you are many and ever changing, is there an enduring moment when you can say that this is the ever “me”? It is the multiple entity, the bundle of memories that must be understood and not seemingly the one entity that calls itself the “me”.

We are ever-changing contradictory thoughts-feelings—love and hate, peace and passion, intelligence and ignorance. Now, which is the “me” in all of this? Shall I choose what is most pleasing and discard the rest? Who is it that must understand these contradictory and conflicting selves?

Is there a permanent self, a spiritual entity apart from these? Is not that self also the continuing result of the conflict of many entities? Is there a self that is above and beyond all contradictory selves?

The truth of it can be experienced only when the contradictory selves are understood and transcended. All the conflicting entities which make up the “me” have also brought into being the other “me”, the observer, the analyser.

To understand myself I must understand the many parts of myself including the “I” who has become the watcher, the “I” who understands. The thinker must not only understand his many contradictory thoughts, but he must understand himself as the creator of these many entities.

The Collected Works vol IV, p 45

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:01 pm

What is the point in listening and observing all the goodness?

If all is eaten at the same time, the food will not be digested. It would lead to bad health. What we have eaten requires time to get digested and assimilated.

Similarly, what is heard should be understood and put in practice. Take time to digest and practice what you internalized. Placing your burden on Destiny and keeping quiet means diminution of effort.

Without effort and prayer, Destiny and Grace cannot be attained. Start the effort! With effort and prayer, Destiny can be attained.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Sep 30, 2009 7:34 am

When can we experience real and permanent happiness?

Today people have no regard for truth. Many people do not really mean what they speak. They have something in their mind but say just the opposite. They manipulate their words according to the person and situation.

Truth is that which does not change with time. Truth is changeless in past, present and future. Truth is one, not two. The ancient scriptures extol the principle of truth in many ways. Truth cannot be described in words. Bliss is its form.

When you close your eyes and start contemplating on truth, you will experience inexpressible bliss. Unknowingly, you start smiling. Where has this smile come from? It has come from your feelings of bliss. And what is the source of bliss?

The source of bliss is the Divine. The happiness you get by your union with the Divine is eternal. Happiness is union with the Divine. When you are dual-minded, you cannot experience this happiness.

- Divine Discourse, October 14, 2002.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Sep 30, 2009 12:17 pm

The thinker must come upon himself through his many aspects

The “I”, the thinker, the observer, watches his opposing and conflicting thoughts-feelings as though he were not part of them, as though he were above and beyond them, controlling, guiding, shaping.

But is not the “I”, the thinker, also these conflicts? Has he not created them? Whatever the level, is the thinker separate from his thoughts? The thinker is the creator of opposing urges, assuming different roles at different times according to his pleasure and pain.

To comprehend himself the thinker must come upon himself through his many aspects.

The Collected Works vol IV, p 45

winston
Billionaire Boss

Previous

Return to Archives