Michael Jackson - King of Pop 01 (Jun 09 - Dec 11)

Michael Jackson - King of Pop 01 (Jun 09 - Dec 11)

Postby winston » Fri Jun 26, 2009 6:46 am

I still remember the time when they came out with Thriller, which was the first full length music video. Billie Jean was another song that I like. Everyone wa trying to do the "Moon Walk" at that time ...

Pop icon Michael Jackson has died in Los Angeles, according to multiple reports.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

MJ - King of POP

Postby ichew » Fri Jun 26, 2009 8:48 am

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_obit_michael_jackson

i find his life both sad and interesting
some of his songs r crap but his earlier ones r nice
and i especially like his dance moves ... i rem i was blown away by his moon-walk when i first saw it as a kid

Rest in Peace, Michael
u'll be missed
ichew
Foreman

Re: Obituaries

Postby millionairemind » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:00 am

Very sad indeed.... He was a legend in the 80s....

So sorry for him. :(
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Fri Jun 26, 2009 9:24 am

His moonwalk is indelibly etched in my mind. They are beautiful moves. :D
So he's gone in the way of Elvis Presley (42), John Lennon (40) and Teresa Teng (42).
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Obituaries

Postby millionairemind » Sat Jun 27, 2009 10:29 am

Published June 27, 2009

King of Pop's death sparks buying frenzy here

Some music stores report brisk sales of his CDs and DVDs

By BRANDON CHEW

MICHAEL Jackson's death has revived demand for his music here. Music retailers Gramophone, HMV, That CD Shop, and Sembawang Music have all reported spikes in sales of the late King of Pop's products, following the unexpected news of his death yesterday morning.

The singer's CDs and DVDs had all but sold out after lunchtime yesterday at these stores.

Jinny Tee, assistant manager at That CD Shop's Great World City branch, said that the singer's products had been 'flying' off the shelves, selling out at most of the company's outlets.

According to sources, a bulk of the consumers were in their mid-20s or 30s. The peak of Jackson's popularity came in the mid-1980s and early 90s.

Such a buying frenzy is 'normal behaviour for fans', noted Keith Ng, senior manager at Sembawang Music. 'Consumer demand increases when an artist passes away', he added.

Mr Ng also commented that Sembawang would be placing orders for most of Jackson's discography, with new shipments to arrive late next week.

Music retailers here were quick to pick up on the consumer surge. HMV and Gramophone both had set up special display areas for Jackson's music in some of their stores.

While some companies have reacted swiftly in anticipation of a sustained increase in demand, others remained sceptical about Jackson's ability to sell records, even after his passing.

An assistant manager at Gramophone believes the demand shock caused by the pop icon's death will not be sustained beyond 'a few days', owing to a lack of popularity with younger consumers. His views contrast markedly with those of Jasmine Shi, marketing executive at HMV, who foresees the increase in sales 'continuing over the next few weeks'.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Jun 27, 2009 2:35 pm

i was shocked to hear the news that the aliens have taken michael jackson away, just as they did with elvis many years ago...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Sun Jun 28, 2009 9:44 pm

Michael's "Heal the World":-
Embedded videos have been disabled.
Click to view video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sm-TlW9gXmk
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:35 pm

Critics said that he bleached his face. But could he had gone for some genetic engineering feats that caused his gland to suppress the production of melatonin??? Here he looked white as sheet.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Jun 29, 2009 4:49 pm

i've always thought he looked so "unnatural" ever since he became so artificially white, without wanting to sound disrespectful... when he was a young boy and into his early twenties, when he was still distinguishably an african american, i thought he was a rather handsome man...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Jun 29, 2009 5:11 pm

Yes, me too think he was a very handsome African man with a shy demeanour and toothy smile.
He spoke very well too, without the African-American drawl. 2nite I gonna catch Phoenix TV's special feature on him @8pm.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Next

Return to Archives