Life 03 (Jun 09 - Jul 09)

Re: Life (Jun09 - Jul09)

Postby winston » Wed Jul 22, 2009 10:18 am

Egotism, one of the major factors of our life

Man has never tackled or inquired into, come to grips with, the whole structure of the mind—the mind that has built the egocentric activity. Egotism has been one of the major factors of our life, probably the only factor. Human beings have accepted it as inevitable, natural.

We say, “It exists in animals, so it exists in us; it is right we should be concerned with ourselves, with improvement, with our position in society”, and so on and so on. I do not know if you have ever inquired whether it is not the human mind throughout the world, under different guises, in different forms, which has been the central factor of man’s cruelty, man’s barbarity and suffering.

To understand the “me”, the ego, we must first of all understand our consciousness, at the very centre of which is the “me”.

Talks in Saanen 1974, p 38

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Jul 22, 2009 9:55 pm

"Growth is not measured by the amount of joy or love you experience everyday or how many times you experienced God or how long you experienced thoughtlessness.

If at all, it is measured by how comfortable you are with yourself; with your fear; with your nervousness; with your frustration, that is growth."

- Sri Anandagiri
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jul 23, 2009 6:57 am

Human beings think that they are enjoying the pleasures; but, really speaking, it is the pleasures that are enjoying them.

They sap your energies, dry up your discrimination, eat up the allotted years, and worm into the mind, infesting it with egoism, envy, malice, hate, greed and lust.

You are born in society, it has helped to guard, guide and foster you, to educate you and to fill you with dreams and ideals. Repay to the society the debt you owe to it.

- Divine Discourse, July 30, 1977.

Source: radiosai.org
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jul 23, 2009 8:01 am

The Inevitable Experience of YOU

Every journey is an inner journey, even if it's taken externally. No matter where you physically go, you are always experiencing things internally. It is from your perspective, which is inside you, that you view and experience the world outside you.

You cannot escape yourself, no matter where you physically go. And you can always find yourself no matter where you physically are. So take that physical trek across the globe or stay home on your couch, either way, you're still experiencing YOU.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Source: www.followyoursoul.com
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:38 pm

The mind is the “me”

So we are going to find out what this extraordinary thing called the mind is, because that is the problem and nothing else. It is the mind that creates the problem; it is the thought, the conditioned mind, the mind that is petty, narrow, bigoted, which has created beliefs, ideas and knowledge, and which is crippled by its own concepts, vanities, greeds, ambitions and frustrations.

So it is the mind which has to be understood, and that mind is the “me”, that mind is the self—not some higher self. The mind invents the higher self and then says it is only a tool for the higher. Such thinking is absurd, immature.

It is the mind which invents all these avenues of escape and then proceeds from there to assert.So we are going to find out what the mind is. Now, you cannot find out from my description. I am going to talk about it, but if you merely recognize it through the description then you are not knowing the state of your own mind.

The Collected Works vol XI, p 64

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:05 pm

Worrying is using your imagination to create something you don't want.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in Asheville, NC on Saturday, September 5th, 1998

Source: abraham-hicks.com
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jul 23, 2009 2:12 pm

When you, as a physician, help someone to accept Well-being enough that they allow the Well-being, whether they allow it in this physical body or whether they have to release this physical body to allow it, it's still the same thing.

In other words, they can allow the wellness into this body, or they can allow the wellness by leaving this body. But allowing the wellness is what you are assisting them in doing. Focus upon the Well-being, and see them opening and receiving it here, or opening and receiving it from Non-Physical.

But focus upon the Well-being. And as you focus upon the Well-being, what we've noticed is, if you can get someone's attention and you can convince them that Well-being is the order of the day--there is no illness that will not leave them in the moment that they finally get that.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in North Los Angeles, CA on Saturday, March 2nd, 2002

Source: abraham-hicks.com
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Jul 24, 2009 8:33 am

The company one keeps determines one's character. People join groups where they can freely express their innate nature. You must carefully choose the company you are in.

Consider this example: A length of string is a worthless thing, no one will wear it in the hair or place it reverentially on an idol of the Divine. But, when it associates itself with a few fragrant flowers, then women decorate their hair with it and devotees place the garland of flowers on the idol they adore.

- Divine Discourse, 17 Aug 1977

Source: radiosai.org
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Jul 24, 2009 9:12 am

Life is Harmonious

What an absolutely beautiful gift life is! As you take in your next breath, take a moment to appreciate the life-giving gift it is offering you. Thank you, breath, for giving me life! Thank you, air, for giving me life! Thank you, Earth, for giving me life! Thank you, lungs, for giving me life! Thank you body, for giving me life! Thank you, God, or whoever or whatever you are that is giving me life! Thank you, everything that works in perfect union, coordination and harmony, for giving me life!

You cannot even begin to imagine all the forces involved in GIVING YOU LIFE! The atmosphere, the rotation of the planets, the oceans, the plants, every cell in your body, your organs and so much more... they all work together in perfect rhythm and cooperation to support life. Not just life in general, but YOUR life!

Your life exists because all of it exists, and all of it exists because you exist.

Life truly is harmonious.

Source: followyoursoul.com
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri Jul 24, 2009 10:58 am

The self is nothing but words and memories

So what are you? You are a name, a form, the result of a society, a culture which has emphasized throughout the ages that you are separate, something indefinitely identifiable. Right?

You have your character, your particular tendency, either aggressive or yielding. Is that not put together by the culture which has been brought about by thought?

It is very difficult for people to accept a very simple, logical examination, because they would like to think that the self is something most extraordinary. We are pointing out that the self is nothing but words and memories.

On Mind and Thought, pp 68-69

winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives