Life 03 (Jun 09 - Jul 09)

Life 03 (Jun 09 - Jul 09)

Postby winston » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:34 am

Forever, physical humans are saying, "give me the truth, give me the truth." And we say, there are all kinds of truths.

Choose the truths that serve you. Now, there are a lot of people that would feel great discomfort with that. But the thing that we want you to hear about it is: there is a truth of cancer, and there is a truth of wellness. Which truth serves you? You can activate either of them within you, and make it your truth.

Truths are created; they aren't static. They aren't conditions that exist that then it is your obligation to identify and catalog. You are the creator of your truths--and what you are living is your truth.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in Kansas City, MO on Saturday, June 1st, 2002

Source: abraham-hicks.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Life (Jun09 - Dec09)

Postby winston » Mon Jun 01, 2009 11:38 am

Not escaping from sorrow

When there is sorrow it is a great shock to the nervous system, like a blow to the whole physiological as well as psychological being. We generally try to escape from it by taking drugs or drinks or through every form of religion. Or we become cynical or accept things as inevitable.

Can we go into this question very deeply, seriously? Is it possible not to escape from sorrow at all? Perhaps my son dies, and there is immense sorrow, shock, and I discover that I am really a very lonely human being. I cannot face it, I cannot tolerate it. So I escape from it.

And there are many escapes—mundane, religious, or philosophical. This escape is a waste of energy. Not to escape in any form from the ache, the pain of loneliness, the grief, the shock, but to remain completely with the event, with this thing called suffering—is that possible?

Can we hold any problem—hold it and not try to solve it—try to look at it as we would hold a precious, exquisite jewel? The very beauty of the jewel is so attractive, so pleasurable that we keep looking at it. In the same way if we could hold our sorrow completely, without a movement of thought or escape, then that very action of not moving away from the fact brings about a total release from that which has caused pain.

That Benediction is Where You Are, pp 60-61

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:01 pm

Received the following this morning:-

You are so blessed !

If you woke up this morning with more health than illness, you are more blessed than the million who won't survive the week.

If you have never experienced the danger of battle, the loneliness of imprisonment, the agony of torture or the pangs of starvation, you are ahead of 20 million people around the world.

If you attend a church meeting without fear of harassment, arrest, torture, or death, you are more blessed than almost three billion people in the world.

If you have food in your refrigerator, clothes on your back, a roof over your head and a place to sleep, you are richer than 75% of this world.

If you have money in the bank, in your wallet, and spare change in a dish someplace, you are among the top 8% of the world's wealthy.

If your parents are still married and alive, you are very rare, especially in the United States.

If you hold up your head with a smile on your face and are truly thankful, you are blessed because the majority can, but most do not.

If you can hold someone's hand, hug them or even touch them on the shoulder, you are blessed because you can offer God's healing touch.

If you can read this message, uou are more blessed than over two billion people in the world that cannot read anything at all.

You are so blessed in ways you may never even know.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Jun 01, 2009 3:04 pm

To the above...

I exclaim ................ Hallelujah !!!!!
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:07 am

Absence of mere anger cannot be taken as peace.

The winning of a desired object and the satisfaction derived then should not be confused with peace.

The peace that has pervaded the heart must not be shaken subsequently for any reason. Peace must be everlasting and have no ups and downs; it cannot be partial in adversity and complete in prosperity.

It cannot be one thing today and another tomorrow.

Source: radiosai.org
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:49 am

Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy. - Anne Frank, 1929-1945, German-born Diarist

Don't find fault, find a remedy. - Henry Ford, 1863-1947, American Industrialist and Founder of Ford Motor Company

Ordinary riches can be stolen, real riches cannot. In your soul are infinitely precious things that cannot be taken from you. - Oscar Wilde, 1854-1900, Irish Dramatist/Novelist/Poet

Source: selfgrowth.com
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:58 am

Source: selfgrowth.com

------------------------------------------------------------
*** Article: How to Discover True Nature vs. Conditioned Nurture - By Valery Satterwhite ***
------------------------------------------------------------

The most empowering question anyone can ask of a child, or even an adult, is "Who do you want to be when you grow up?" A child will respond with wide-eyed wonderment and enthusiasm, while the adult will often respond with a woeful look of 'that was then, this is now' retort.

"He who trims himself to suit everyone will soon whittle himself away." ~ Raymond Hull

Who did you want to be when you grew up? Superman? A Ninja Turtle? Nancy Drew, Andy Warhol? Did you want to be a movie star, astronaut, teacher, or doctor? Who did you admire? Madonna? Albert Einstein? Mother Teresa? Lucille Ball? Whose life 'spoke' to you? What famous person, literary or movie character, or favorite relative did you want to be just like when you grew up?

Whoever you aspired to be reflects who you are, your true nature. It's not the person you adored; it's what their attributes represented. It was their boldness, strength, creative spirit, can-do attitude that inspired you. Perhaps it was how they served others that touched your heart. Whatever it was, the characteristics of the people you aspired to be reflect your own. That's why you love the way these personalities make you feel when you think of who they are, what they have, and what they do. You always love the reflection of you, your true self.

"No one man can, for any considerable time, wear one face to himself, and another to the multitude, without finally getting bewildered as to which is the true one." ~ Hawthorne

What you don't love is an inauthentic reflection. Many adults look in the mirror and find a stranger looking back. Who is this person? What have I become? Were my early hopes and desires just frivolous childish musings, or did I get on the wrong boat somewhere? If you've had such 'Who am I?' thoughts, then yes, you did turn left when you really wanted to turn right somewhere along your life journey.

The good news is that it's never too late to turn around and get on the right, authentic road. Authentic living is where the joy is found. Authentic living removes the shackles that hold you back and keep you from actualizing those childhood dreams. Turning from a conditioned nurtured life to an authentic natural way of life is as easy as getting on a bus. Simply show up as whom you aspire to be.

This doesn't mean that tomorrow you're going to run through the city in a red cape and tights jumping from one building to the next. Showing up authentically means showing up with confidence in your abilities, helping others, being strong in character with a solid sense of purpose and responsibility...if Superman is who caught your attention as a child. It means showing up comfortable in your own skin, with conviction and without concern of judgment...if Madonna was your idol. It means allowing yourself to stretch way beyond your comfort zone into unknown territories...if you wanted to be the next John Glenn and walk on the moon.

As you look bleary-eyed into the bathroom mirror in the morning, greet the day and claim your inner Steven Spielberg or Gloria Steinem. If you're facing a difficult decision, ask what the person you admire would do; what would your inner being do or want? You will discover that your life opens up to new possibilities, renewed energy, and purpose.

"If the shoe doesn't fit, must we change the foot?" ~ Gloria Steinem
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:37 am

Sorrow has an ending

Sorrow follows us like our shadow, and we do not seem to be able to resolve it…Sorrow has an ending, but it does not come about through any system or method.

There is no sorrow when there is perception of “what is”. When you see very clearly “what is”—whether it be the fact that life has no fulfilment, or the fact that your son, your brother, or your husband is dead; when you know the fact as it actually is, without interpretation, without having an opinion about it, without any ideation, ideals, or judgements, then I think there is the ending of sorrow.

The Collected Works vol XI, p 284

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Jun 03, 2009 7:28 am

Peace is a shoreless ocean. It is the Light that illumines the world. It confers knowledge of this world and that.

Pure love can emanate only from a heart immersed in peace, for it is an atmosphere that pervades and purifies.

Peace is not a conviction arrived at by means of logic. It is the discipline of all disciplined lives.

Iron has to be beaten flat by iron alone. So too, the inferior, lower mind, has to be shaped better by the superior mind itself.

One has to make his mind superior and stronger for the task of personal upliftment.

Drink deep the waters of discipline. Immerse yourself in it and become cleansed. May its coolness refresh your sorrows and pains, and quench the fires of sin

Source: radiosai.org
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Jun 03, 2009 10:26 am

Sorrow and thought

What is that which says, “I am in sorrow”, “I am miserable”, “I have spent days in conflict, in misery, in hopeless despair?”

What is that thing which keeps on repeating, “I can’t sleep, I’ve not been well”, “I am this, I am that”, “I am unhappy”, “You have not looked at me”, “You have not loved me”—what is that thing that keeps on talking to itself?

Surely, it is thought. We come back to the primary thing, thought, which has sought pleasure and been thwarted, which complains “I have lost somebody whom I loved, and I’m lonely, I’m miserable, full of sorrow”, which is self-pity, pitying oneself.

Talks & Dialogues Saanen 1968, p 82

winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to Archives