Life 03 (Jun 09 - Jul 09)

Re: Life (Jun09 - Jul09)

Postby kennynah » Sun Jul 26, 2009 8:31 pm

It is the fear of being nothing that compels us to accumulate; and it is this very fear, whether conscious or unconscious, that, in spite of our accumulative activities, brings about our disintegration and destruction. If we can be aware of the truth of this fear, then it is the truth that liberates us from it, and not our purposeful determination to be free.

it is my personal opinion, that we humans should all aspire to be more than what we think we are capable of achieving...in this way, we progress...as an individual and a society... it is such motivation to be more than we can be, that distinguishes us from other animals...

i really do not like to believe that we are driven to excellence by FEAR....rather FEAR inhibits us from reaching our maximum potential, by way of fearing to fail....

- kennynah
somewhere in singapore, one sunday evening, 26 July 09
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Mon Jul 27, 2009 8:53 am

Every living thing, animal or human, or tree experiences that which is called death, with no exception. You've all accepted that one a long time ago.

Spirit, which is who we really are, or Source, is eternal. So what death must be is a changing of the perspective of that Eternal Spirit.

If I am standing in my physical body and am consciously connected to that Eternal Spirit, then I'm Eternal in nature and I need not ever again fear any endedness, because, from that perspective I understand that there is not any of that.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in Albany, NY on Saturday, May 6th, 2000

Source: abraham-hicks.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Jul 27, 2009 10:16 am

The true function of man

You and I have to be free from the causes that are producing conflict in ourselves. And the centre of conflict is the self, the “me”.

But most of us do not want to be free from that “me”. That is the difficulty. Most of us like the pleasures and the pains that the “me” brings; and as long as we are controlled by the pleasures and the pains of the “me”, there will be conflict between the “me” and society, between the “me” and the collective; and the collective will dominate the “me”, and destroy the “me” if it can.

But the “me” is much stronger than the collective; so it always circumvents it, and tries to get a position in it, to expand, to fulfil. Surely, the freedom from the self, and therefore the search for reality, the discovery and the coming into being of reality, is the true function of man.

The Collected Works vol V, p 278

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jul 28, 2009 7:48 am

You will fall if you practise attachment, and rise by practising non-attachment.

In the consecrated fire of your heart, pour your ego. Rise as a humbler, wiser being, saluting the Divine within you. What you hear, must be pondered over. What is pondered, should be put into practice. It is only when all three are accomplished that the realization of Bliss can be attained.

- Divine Discourse, 15 Oct 1977.

Source: radiosai.org
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jul 28, 2009 10:47 am

It is not mere selfish investigation

You are the world psychologically, and the world is you; and when you understand yourself you are understanding the whole human structure and nature. It is not mere selfish investigation, because when you understand yourself you go beyond yourself, a different dimension comes into being.

What will make us change? More shocks? More catastrophes? Different forms of government? Different images? Different ideals? You have had varieties of these, and yet you have not changed. The more sophisticated our education, the more civilized we become—civilized in the sense of being moreremoved from nature—the more inhuman we become.

So what shall we do? As none of these things outside of me are going to help, including all the gods, then it becomes obvious that I alone have to understand myself. I have to see what I am and change myself radically.

This Light in Oneself, pp 14-15

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Jul 28, 2009 11:51 am

The more sophisticated our education, the more civilized we become—civilized in the sense of being moreremoved from nature—the more inhuman we become.

firstly..i dont agree that education is solely responsible for us becoming more civilized...

and secondly, it is not necessary to be more removed from nature and more inhuman, to be civilized...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Tue Jul 28, 2009 2:22 pm

Take your Inner Being everywhere you go. If you take your Inner Being to the party, it's going to be a good party! If you take your Inner Being, the food that you eat will be received perfectly by the cells of your body. Every word that comes out of your mouth will be beneficial to everyone who hears them with their ears, or with their vibration.

Don't go anywhere without your Inner Being. That's what "Allowing" is. Always having your Inner Being present. And then, anything else that happens is always orchestrated perfectly by Law of Attraction.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in El Paso, TX on Saturday, February 17th, 2001

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Jul 29, 2009 10:44 am

How do you change?

Do you see yourself as you are? Have you ever been self-critically aware of yourself? Have you known what you are—angry, jealous, envious, ambitious, hating, and all the rest of it?

Now, what will make you change? Let us start with it. How do you change? What makes you change? Do you change because it helps you? Do you change because it is pleasurable? Do you change because fear is involved? Or because you think that by changing, you will be a better man?

Or because if you conform, you will get more money, you will be more respectable, and so on? Is that the way you change, if you have changed at all? And have you changed in anything? Do ask these questions, please. Don’t let me put these questions to you; you are asking the questions yourself.

Have you changed in anything? And if you have, what made you change?

The Collected Works vol XII, p 291

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Jul 29, 2009 4:19 pm

Whatever you're thinking about is literally like planning a future event. When you're worrying, you are planning. When you're appreciating you are planning...What are you planning?

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in Silver Spring, MD on Saturday, April 19th, 1997

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jul 30, 2009 7:47 am

Evil company demeans and debases an individual.

Take the example of fire. It is considered holy and is religiously worshipped in many orthodox homes where the scriptures are chanted and provide the guidelines of life.

On the other hand, when fire enters a bail or a rod of iron, it has to suffer hammer blows in plenty while the rod or the ball is shaped into some tool by a human being. Attachment to the iron brings about this calamity for the highly venerated fire.

- Divine Discourse, Aug 17 1977.

Source: radiosai.org
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives