Nina Wang

Nina Wang

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Mar 31, 2009 5:37 pm

I'm fascinated with this wrangle over Nina Wang's estate. Can't wait to see how things pan out.
Can't imagine a HK judge flying over to Singapore to interview her banker, a Singaporean Goldman Sachs executive. He/she must fear for his life. Why?
This fengshui lover could be a planted mole from her husband's killers. Some rich Hongkers who hailed from Shanghai have shady pasts and their past often haunt them :shock:
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Re: Nina Wang

Postby iam802 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:04 pm

I read the 'story' on Wikipedia...

Whole thing seems like a movie (3 parts movie) itself.

At the end of it...money is the 'root' of the problem.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby HengHeng » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:52 pm

then give me all your money.. i dun mind the roots lol
Beh Ki Jiu Lou , Beh lou Jiu Ki lor < Newton's law of gravity , but what don't might not come back

In the game of poker , "if you've been in the game 30mins and you don't know who the patsy is, you are the patsy
HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Postby iam802 » Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:55 pm

HengHeng wrote:then give me all your money.. i dun mind the roots lol

THEIR money. I don't mind having more roots as well.... :D
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Mon Apr 06, 2009 8:57 pm

Chan plays cards close to chest over Wang forgery claim

Fung shui master Tony Chan Chun-chuen is not submitting any evidence by a handwriting expert on the authenticity of a 2006 will in which late billionaire Nina Wang Kung Yu-sum leaves her entire estate to him.

But his barrister did not give any reason for the decision in a pretrial hearing in High Court.

Chinachem Charitable Foundation, which holds a 2002 will in which Wang bequeaths her assets to the charity, has alleged that the signature on the 2006 will is a forgery.

Both sides have, however, submitted reports from fung shui masters following allegations by lawyers for Wang's family that Chan convinced the tycoon, who died of cancer two years ago to the day, to include him in her will because it would help her live longer.

Judge Johnson Lam Man-hon said the court cannot determine which fung shui master is more trustworthy.

Wang's siblings marked the second anniversary of her death with a memorial service at Nina Tower in Tsuen Wan.

STAFF REPORTER , The Standard
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Apr 06, 2009 9:06 pm

Nina Wang's only youngest brother gave an exclusive interivew to Phoenix TV last Saturday nite.
Did any1 watch this medical doctor's diatribe against this fengshui man?? Wah man, he looked absolutely determined to cut this fengshui guy to size and down.

I think the ChinaChem Charitable Foundation will win this case hands down. Her will was made public in 2002 not only in HK but China. The HK govt is represented in court as it has a vested public interest in her estate.
But I can't wait for the fengshui man to spill more beans abt their love affair.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby winston » Tue Apr 14, 2009 6:45 pm

Hong Kong tycoon's will only for feng shui: report

HONG KONG (AFP) — A man who says late Hong Kong tycoon Nina Wang was his lover has been accused of basing his claim to her fortune on a will which was only to be used as part of a feng shui ritual, a court heard.

Tony Chan, a feng shui master, told Wang to draw up a will to be burnt later to give her long life as part of the ancient Chinese practice, according to an expert report submitted by Wang's family to the city's high court.

Instead Chan kept the document and used it to claim her estate, the court was told.

"Mrs Wang merely executed the 2006 will, if she did, on instructions of (Chan), as part of feng shui procedures," the report said.

But Edward Chan, counsel for Tony Chan, said it was unfair to make an allegation of fraud against his client based on the report, written by another feng shui expert.

Wang died of cancer in 2007, aged 69, leaving an estate estimated to be worth up to 100 billion Hong Kong dollars (12.8 billion US) which has been the subject of a bitter legal dispute.

Chan claimed to have had a longstanding relationship with the eccentric billionaire, and says she made a will in 2006 naming him as her sole beneficiary. But Wang's family lays claim to an earlier 2002 will.

They had argued earlier that Wang did not have the mental capacity to execute the alleged will because of her health problems. Last month, the family's lawyers told the court they had evidence from a forensic handwriting expert that the signature on the alleged will was fake.

Judge Johnson Lam said he would not delve into the arguments over feng shui practices. "This is not a court of feng shui," he said.

http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/ar ... wYWCi2YEOQ
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Mon May 11, 2009 9:10 am

LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby winston » Mon May 11, 2009 9:15 am

A few days ago, her personal assistant, Ringo, talked to the SCMP.

I dont have the the article so cant post here.

He mentioned that he was ordered to deliver suitcases of cash to various people. Normally, he would use two cars as he was afraid of being robbed.

He did not asked who the money for but he did suspect that it was to some people in the "Feng Shui" industry ...
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue May 12, 2009 8:15 am

Opening salvos fired in battle for Wang fortune

A court battle over the fortune of late tycoon Nina Wang Kung Yu-sum has begun, pitting a charitable foundation against a fung shui master for her estimated HK$100 billion estate.

The eight-week trial will decide whether Wang left her entire fortune to businessman and fung shui master Tony Chan Chun-chuen when she died of cancer in 2007 at the age of 69.

Opposing Chan's claim is Wang's Chinachem Charitable Foundation, controlled by her siblings, who say a 2006 will awarding Chan the fortune is a fake.

Opening the trial, foundation lawyer Denis Chang said the court should ignore Chan's claim and instead recognize an earlier will, which awards the estate to the foundation that Wang had set up with her husband Teddy.

He said there is ''very strong evidence'' that Wang's signature on the 2006 will is a forgery, while drawing attention to the will's inconsistent language with its mix of legalese and affectionate terms.

''It invites the closest scrutiny and vigilance,'' he said, adding that Wang had been critically ill and was unlikely to have been in a position to prepare and sign the will on that day.

''Nina never looked upon (Tony Chan) as the designated heir.''

''This is a court of law, not a court of fung shui.''

He said the 2002 will reflected Wang's true wishes before she became too ill.

''[Teddy and Nina] were childless. For them, Chinachem was their baby,'' he said.

Since her death, Chan, pictured beaming as he arrives at the High Court, has claimed to have had a longstanding relationship with Wang and eventually became her lover.

Chan smiled occasionally at the court proceedings. His lawyer, Ian Mill, didn't give his opening submission on the first day's hearing.

AGENCIES
winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to Archives