PC & IT 02 (Nov 08 - Mar 10)

PC & IT 02 (Nov 08 - Mar 10)

Postby winston » Wed Nov 05, 2008 8:43 am

It's Good to Know: Keyboard and Mouse Shortcuts

If you spend a lot of time using a computer, here are some shortcuts to make frequent tasks a snap, so you can concentrate on work instead of the intricate details of your software.

* It can take forever to minimize each program and document individually and get back to your desktop screen. Instead, press the "Windows" key and "D" at the same time.

* Don't bother with ­drop-down menus to enlarge or shrink a document or Web page. Press "Control" and then turn your mouse's click wheel to do the same thing instantly.

* You might know that when filling in forms online you can use "Tab" to move the cursor to the next box. But you can also move backward by holding "Shift" and then pressing "Tab."

(Source: The New York Times)
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

PC & IT

Postby blid2def » Fri Nov 07, 2008 11:26 pm

BTW, is anyone using the Ubiquity add-on and the scripts I posted previously? If not, I won't bother posting the updated scripts. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Re: PC & IT

Postby kennynah » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:37 am

i am not...so....you decide.....dont even know what you talking about... not meant to offend u
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sat Nov 08, 2008 4:38 am

No worries. If you don't know what I'm talking about, then this is obviously not for you. :lol:
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Sat Nov 08, 2008 10:33 pm

It's Good to Know: Google Searches for the Budget Conscious

Google's a great place to start comparison shopping. You know the drill. Type in "cowboy boots," and you'll get about 4.3 million search results - including thousands of retailers that sell cowboy boots. It's up to you to find the right boots at the right price.

But Google can help you narrow down those results... and help you stick to a specific budget, too.

Let's say you can spend only $150 on those cowboy boots. Simply type "cowboy boots $50... $150" into Google's search field. Now, you'll find that your results have been narrowed down to about 19,500 options - all of which fit into your price range.

(Source: Google Cheat Sheet)
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:37 pm

It's Fun to Know: Before You Pass On That Interesting "Fact" You Just Read

When you look at a commemorative statue of a horse and rider, you can tell how the rider died. If the horse has both forelegs in the air, the rider died in battle. If it has one foreleg in the air, the rider was wounded in battle and died later. If all four of the horse's legs are on the ground, the rider died of natural causes.

Interesting, isn't it?

Too bad it's not true.

This particular bit of misinformation has circulated for years, and has even been published by respected research resources (including The New York Public Library Desk Reference). It is just one of many widely believed "facts" debunked on the Snopes.com website. Check it out.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Nov 10, 2008 8:41 pm

i thought...if both legs of the horse were up in the air, that meant the rider dug both spurs too harshly into the sides of the horse...if one leg up...one spur dug too hard...if all 4 legs on ground...the rider was a trained equestrian...

no?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Thu Nov 13, 2008 8:55 pm

It's Good to Know: Forget Attachments No More

If you've ever sent an e-mail, only to realize you forgot to include the attachment, Gmail now has you covered with one of its new Google Lab applications.

When you mention, somewhere in the body of the e-mail, that you're including an attachment - and you try to send the e-mail without an attachment - a small window pops up.

"It seems that you might have forgotten to attach files. Send this message without attachments?"

Click "cancel," and you can add the forgotten attachment.

To set up this application, click on "Settings" and then on "Labs." Scroll down until you see "Forgotten Attachment Detector." Click "enable," and you're good to go!
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Nov 15, 2008 1:46 am

i visited Sony boutique shop at Paragon today...and saw the latest Vaio desktop (arrived into singapore ~6 weeks ago)....it has a very wide screen and inbuild CPU into the monitor...very sleek .... there's a now a promotion at S$2199 and freebies include a TV Tuner + others... to me...damn sui...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sat Nov 15, 2008 2:12 am

I cheapo... any laptop above $1,500 automatically disqualify from my list. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Next

Return to Archives