Life 02 (Nov 08 - May 09)

Re: Life (Nov08 - May09)

Postby winston » Tue May 26, 2009 4:05 pm

Physical pain is just an extension of emotion. It's all the same thing.

There are two emotions. One feels good and one feels bad. Which means, you're connected to your Energy Stream or you're not allowing your Energy Stream.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in Phoenix, AZ on Sunday, April 5th, 1998

Source: abraham-hicks.com
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue May 26, 2009 4:48 pm

Through service you realize that all beings are waves of the Ocean of Divinity. No other spiritual practice can bring you into the incessant contemplation of the Oneness of all living beings.

You feel another's pain as your own; you share another's success as your own. To see everyone else as yourself and yourself in every one is the core of spiritual practice.

This spirit makes you humble before the suffering of others. When you rush to render help, you do not calculate how high or low one's social or economic status is. Thus, the hardest heart is slowly softened into sweetness by the opportunities of service.

- Divine Discourse, Nov 14, 1975.

Source: radiosai.org
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue May 26, 2009 5:17 pm

Attachment, affection, interest... these will create prejudice, partiality, and illusion. They hide the truth and dull the intelligence.

Attachment is a disease, as far as the path of enquiry is concerned. One has to be free from favorites, fancies and fondness. Once you attach yourself to a person or habit or mannerism, it will be difficult for you to shake them off.

- Divine Discourse, 10 July, 1980 .

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue May 26, 2009 5:27 pm

Expansion is the key note of education. The first step for this expansion is the home, where you must revere and please your parents who gave you this chance to live and learn.

If you ill-treat them or inflict grief on their minds, how can you ever gladden others by service and understanding?

You know that when a balloon is blown, it bursts and the air inside it merges with the vast limitless expanse outside. So too your love must fill your home and your society, and finally burst even those bonds and become worldwide.

A drop of water held in the palm evaporates soon; it is very alone. But drop it into the sea - it survives! It assumes the name, the majesty and the might of a sea! Cultivate the seeds of love in all hearts!

- Divine Discourse, July 25, 1975.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed May 27, 2009 11:34 am

The mind uses suffering…to enrich itself

A mind that is suffering obviously becomes insensitive because suffering is its occupation; the mind uses suffering as a means for its own protection.

My son dies, or my husband dies, and I am left alone; I have no companion, and I feel my life has been blotted out. So I keep on suffering, and my mind is not concerned with freedom from suffering, but I make suffering into another means of my existence.

The mind uses suffering, as it uses joy, to enrich itself because the mind thinks that without being occupied it is poor, it is empty, dull. This very occupation of the mind creates its own destruction.

Sorrow is not a thing to be occupied with, any more than joy. The mind must understand why there is sorrow, and not keep on being occupied with sorrow. The mind wants security, whether it is in suffering or in joy. So sorrow becomes the way of security.

This is not a harsh thing I am saying; for, if you think about it, if you look into it, you will see how the mind plays a trick on itself. It is only the unoccupied mind that is intelligent, that is sensitive.

The Collected Works vol VIII, pp 104-105

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed May 27, 2009 2:18 pm

Death is a withdrawal of consciousness. It's like taking attention from here and putting it there.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in Boston, MA on Sunday, October 10th, 1999

winston
Billionaire Boss

Words of Wisdom (May 09 - Jul 09)

Postby winston » Thu May 28, 2009 5:17 am

You must demonstrate that Love, Peace, Righteousness, Truth and acts of Loving Service, rendered in a spirit of humility and reverence, is what makes people happy.

We need not concentrate on production of more food or building of more houses or manufacturing more cloth.

What is most needed today is a total effort to make human beings manifest more tolerance, more humility, more brotherliness, more compassion and deeper awareness of the springs of joy and peace that lie within the heart of each one.

Be in the forefront of this spiritual adventure.

- Divine Discourse, Nov 14, 1975

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu May 28, 2009 10:21 am

Suffering is not the way to God

Suffering perverts and distorts the mind.

Suffering is not the way of truth, to reality, to God, or whatever name you like to give it.

We have tried to ennoble suffering, saying it is inevitable, it is necessary, it brings understanding, and all the rest of it. But the truth is that the more intensely you suffer, the more eager you are to escape, to create an illusion, to find a way out.

So it seems to me that a sane, healthy mind must understand suffering, and be utterly free from it. And is it possible?

The Collected Works vol XII, p 176

Source: jkrishnamurthi.com
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu May 28, 2009 8:13 pm

Worth Quoting: Dr. Rachel Remen on Finding Meaning in Your Life

"Finding meaning does not require us to live differently; it requires us to see our lives differently.

Many of us already live far more meaningful lives than we know.

When we go beyond the superficial to the essential, things that are familiar and even commonplace are revealed in new ways.

Meaning may change the way we see ourselves and the world. People who have felt themselves to be victims may be surprised to realize they are heroes."

(Source: My Grandfather's Blessings; Stories of Strength, Refuge, and Belonging)
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Fri May 29, 2009 7:49 pm

Appreciation and self-love are the most important tools that you could ever nurture.

Appreciation of others, and the appreciation of yourself is the closest vibrational match to your Source Energy of anything that we've ever witnessed anywhere in the Universe.

--- Abraham

Excerpted from the workshop in Spokane, WA on Tuesday, May 30th, 2000

winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives