Beware & Protect Yourself 02 (Jan 09 - Aug 10)

Re: Beware & Protect Yourself (Jan 09 - Jun 09)

Postby winston » Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:58 pm

Hong Kong teen bankrupt after joining suspected pyramid scam

Hong Kong - A Hong Kong teenager has filed for bankruptcy after running up loans amounting to 14,000 US dollars in a suspected pyramid scheme scam, a news report said Saturday. The 19-year-old borrowed the money from three credit companies in November after signing a contract with a company to distribute red wine, perfume and cosmetics.

The money was intended to buy stock from the company but the girl, whose name was given as Hui, handed the money over to three fellow distributors, who have since disappeared. She did not receive any products.

Hui sought help from Hong Kong legislator Wong Kwok-hing who accompanied her to the police to make a report, said the report in the South China Morning Post.

"I don't know what I should do. I am bankrupt at the age of 19," Hui was quoted as saying.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:03 am

i didnt know that a person below 21 years old can admit into any legal contract??
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Thu Jun 11, 2009 9:21 pm

Melamine Again: Scient Milk Powder Contaminated In China

There are reports in the Chinese media of melamine-contaminated milk and this time the subject is said to be Scient Milk Powder.

According to Chinese media, a Chinese consumer with the surname Guo took samples of Scient Milk Powder to test after his child was diagnosed with kidney stones. The test result shows that there was a large quantity of melamine in several batches of Scient Milk Powder and the content on one batch of the products produced on March 17, 2008, even reached 132.9mg/kg, which is more than 100 times higher than the nationally approved level.

Some local retailers are reported to have removed these milk powder products from shelves.

So far, Scient (Guangzhou) Baby Nutrition Company has not made any comment on the issue and an investigation has been initiated but no results have been reported so far.

Scient (Guangzhou) Baby Nutrition Company is a Guangzhou-based company producing baby formula milk powder. The company claims on its website that all its products are carefully produced according to the relevant Chinese standards and with reference to the nutrition standards of the World Health Organization, the United Nations' Food and Agriculture Organization and American Academy of Pediatrics.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jun 30, 2009 10:20 pm

FDA confirms E. coli found in Nestle cookie dough

WASHINGTON (Reuters) - The U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) on Monday confirmed that it has found E. coli O157:H7 bacteria in a sample of Nestle Toll House refrigerated cookie dough.

The contaminated sample was collected at Nestle's facility in Danville, Va. on Thursday, the FDA said in a statement.

Nestle SA earlier on Monday announced a recall of Toll House refrigerated cookie dough, saying the FDA had found evidence of E. Coli in a production sample of a refrigerated chocolate chip cookie dough bar.

Nestle's USA's baking division said the recall did not include other Nestle toll house products or any Nestle professional cookie dough products destined for foodservice use.

On June 19, the FDA and the U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention warned consumers not to eat pre-packaged Nestle Toll House refrigerated cookie dough, citing the risk of E. Coli contamination.

The warning was based on an epidemiological study conducted by the CDC and local health departments, the FDA said.

As of last Thursday, the CDC reported that 69 people in 29 states had been infected with a strain of E. Coli. Thirty-four people have been hospitalized.

The FDA said more tests were needed to conclusively link the E. Coli strain found in the cookie dough to the strain that is causing the outbreak.

E. coli O157:H7 can cause diarrhea and dehydration. Children, the elderly and people with weak immune systems are the most susceptible.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby sidney » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:25 am

kennynah wrote:i didnt know that a person below 21 years old can admit into any legal contract??

According to my business law modules i learnt 2years + back, my answers is... i DUNNO!

lols i return all my knowledge back to lecturer. But i think it depends on jurisdiction bah.

In SG, maybe the teen is fine.. maybe..

And 19 years old cannot apply credit card mah.. only supp card right
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

Re: Beware & Protect Yourself (Jan 09 - Dec 09)

Postby HengHeng » Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:45 am

can , with guardian or parent's approval ..
Beh Ki Jiu Lou , Beh lou Jiu Ki lor < Newton's law of gravity , but what don't might not come back

In the game of poker , "if you've been in the game 30mins and you don't know who the patsy is, you are the patsy
HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:16 am

sidney wrote:
kennynah wrote:i didnt know that a person below 21 years old can admit into any legal contract??

....But i think it depends on jurisdiction bah.

i suppose you might be correct here...becos, i know, in the Land of Ulubaba...it is ok to have consent sex with a 14 year old girl.. but not here in Singapore... here in Singapore, if a girl under 16 rapes you in the lift..she can cry foul and report mata for satutory rape...or else, you hand over your new iPhone...

so...don;t get into a lift alone with a girl that looks under 16...in Singapore...that is...

low crime doesn't mean no crime...famous quote from our friendly neighbourhood mata...on bicycle...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby sidney » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:18 am

Good one! Fancy being raped by under 16.. hahaaha huat argh!
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Thu Jul 02, 2009 1:22 am

but i am safe, i guess...bcos i carry this phone.. no sane under 16 will be interested ;)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Thu Jul 02, 2009 8:47 am

HengHeng wrote:can , with guardian or parent's approval ..

In the local contest, contractual consent starts at the age of 21.
Between the ages of 18 to 21, parental consent is required for say, purchase of a HDB flat as a co-applicant or securing a scholarship bond etc.
Sexual consent is another issue altogether.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives