PC & IT 01 (May 08 - Oct 08)

Re: PC & IT

Postby kennynah » Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:16 am

If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately.

and then do what? shut down, dont restart....no difference from a crashed hard disk :mrgreen:

terok lah....like dat...

McAfee wana make money, at least get the anti-virus out first, before introducing this virus, right? poor business model :lol:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:18 pm

Is a hoax. In fact, it's 5 months old.

Read here: http://urbanlegends.about.com/library/b ... _virus.htm
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:29 pm

Ha Ha... took 5 months for the email to reach me ? It shows that I'm really in the loop of things. Ok, then I will delete the "Virus Alert !" thread then.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

US - Market Direction

Postby blid2def » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:03 pm

millionairemind wrote:K - No picture leh...

Okay - here's the problem - k's posting images from blogspot; unfortunately, blogspot seems to block hotlinking to the full-sized images; only hotlinking to the scaled down images is allowed (at least this appears to be the problem to me from my tests). So, if K is providing the URL to the full-sized image, then nothing shows up. If he provides the link to the scaled-down image, then the scaled down image appears.

I'll test further and see what's a workaround, if there's one. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Re: US - Market Direction

Postby kennynah » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:08 pm

can see the pics now? i made some changes to the link

i linked the smaller version, as suggested by GR...but it is so small, need magnifying glass...and when i click on the pics, it doesn't pop up the bigger picture..?? last time can, but now, cannot...i oso dunno what to do...

photobucket is a bit slow for me..so, i use blogspot
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: US - Market Direction

Postby blid2def » Thu Jul 10, 2008 8:17 pm

fixed... will provide solution here later when tests confirm it works as expected
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Fri Jul 11, 2008 12:53 am

seeking help here

sometimes, when i try uploading pictures at blogspot, they were unsuccessful...

i noticed the message "javascript (void=0)" .... i have updated my java jre to the lastest version...

any ideas what could be the problem here and how to resolve it?

thanks.

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:11 am

kennynah wrote:seeking help here

sometimes, when i try uploading pictures at blogspot, they were unsuccessful...

i noticed the message "javascript (void=0)" .... i have updated my java jre to the lastest version...

any ideas what could be the problem here and how to resolve it?

thanks.

javascript and java jre aren't related - haha, go blame the stupid geeks who created this mess. Is it a connection timeout issue?
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Fri Jul 11, 2008 1:15 am

it just shows that it is uploading......and then timeout....??? blur..

(edited)

now, appears to be ok...can upload...not stable like that...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Fri Jul 11, 2008 3:17 am

Yah maybe file too big, or the network on your side not stable... Mcnornor wireless?
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

PreviousNext

Return to Archives