PC & IT 02 (Nov 08 - Mar 10)

Re: PC & IT (Nov08 - Jan09)

Postby kennynah » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:13 pm

post mortem of an itchy finger

iPhone released its latest OS 2.2 about 1 week ago. Since then, whenever I USB plug in my iPhone to bat charge, iTunes automatically prompts me to upgrade to 2.2. After a few attempts at ignoring this popup invitation, I decided, what the heck, why not?
First thing that happened when I chose to upgrade, apple tells me that I need to move my iTunes to the latest version, which is 8.0.2, which i did so and along with that choice, selected iPhone 2.2 OS for download as well.

As soon as the download was completed and iPhone rebooted, it took on the latest version 2.2 OS. And my 2.5G jailbroken and activated iPhone now is completely back to when I first got it from US....locked !

After several hours of PI work, and iTube videos posted by my compatriots who got screwed as well.

I concluded that the only way to get my iPhone to work again, is to jailbreak this MF once more using Ziphone s/w. The only small little tiny effing problem is that Ziphone jailbreaks and activates iPhone OS 1.1.4 and below...so, back to the same MF problem...

So, how to repair the damage done ??

((edited on 30 Nov - this method did not work for me...although, i could unlock and jailbreak the iPhone, it was not able to detect my singapore mobile carrier. this has got to do with OS 2.2 changing the baseband of the iPhone. skip a few post to below and see how I manage to eventually resolve this issue))

1) Uninstal iTunes 8.0.2
2) Download iTunes 7.5 (never choose any version higher than 7.5)
3) Download iPhone 1.1.4 firmware
Restart machine
Disconnect iPhone from usb
Power up machine

4) Instal iTunes 7.5
5) Go to "My Music" folder, look for iTunes folder, look for iTunes.Library.1td and rename it to "12345....", basically rename it to anything you like
6) Launch iTunes
7) Plug in your iPhone and an error message will appear on iTunes...eff it
8) Put your iPhone into DFU mode
(press the power button until you can power down your iPhone
next......WTF, this is too difficult to explain in words...

watch this YouTube video....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DCh86zU_CFQ)

9) etc etc etc....

If this works, i will let you know.... i am just wasting time...writing this while waiting for the 162MB 1.1.4firmware to finish downloading...so, i am just at step 3) :lol:

and so....dont call me (not that I dont want you to, you just wont reach me) ....I'll call you....hahahaha....
Last edited by kennynah on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:29 pm

BTW, paiseh the recommendation screwed you. But then again, as we always say, RTFM first! :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:32 pm

not your fault buddy....still appreciate always that you respond with answers whenever i sought from you.... no problem lah... only a phone...just feel naked....no lah...i can use my previous phone during this interim.... 8-)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sun Nov 30, 2008 4:03 am

although in the end....it's really quite f**k** up....now the iPhone is unlocked, jailbreaked(means can add 3rd party apps) but cannot recognise my mobile service provider...effectively making an iTouch for now... been at this matter of the entire sat.... damn shiok (read..knn**b !!!)

so, folks who bought iPhone...not from the official distributors...and somehow got it to work earlier...dont upgrade to any newer iPhone OS version yet...since I am already in the ditch...let me get myself out of this hole first...then, i tell you fellas how to negotiate the terrain without getting screwed (getting your iPhone bricked permanently)... but i have no fear, SB wont be able to get the bunch of permanent hackers bent on bricking SB himself...ie to break every conceivable protective code apple developers have programmed to jam people into buying from the appointed distributor..

as it is when 2.2 was out on 21Nov, as early as 23Nov, this bunch of very famous hackers threw out a fix to unlock, jailbreak and activate 2.2 for 2G iPhones...3G ones are due for release anytime soon...

of cos, since i am already in a jam...i am now gonna try moving up to 2.2, use their app and do the magic... let you know if it works..

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sun Nov 30, 2008 5:19 am

after struggling for some 24 hours....i finally got my iPhone back in working order....perseverance paid off !!!! and now am on the latest iPhone OS 2.2.... and you can call me now 8-)

in any case, any of you need any info on how to get this done...PM me or just drop a liner here....

f**k man...this feeling of relief is better than multiple orgasms man !!! :lol: :lol:

((edited on 30 Nov 08 -

Use QuickPwn2.2 together with 39 and 46 Bootloader - allows 2G iPhones to be upgraded to 2.2 OS. This method Unlocks, Jailbreaks and Activates your iPhone using any carrier ion the world...well at least my singapore carrier works))
Last edited by kennynah on Sun Nov 30, 2008 1:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Sun Nov 30, 2008 8:25 am

Wah... I skipped this thread for a few days and I missed your adventure :D

Yes, I was warned not to do any upgrades on my phone. In fact, I have not changed any of the icons on my iphone since I bought it. Wanted to put MSN and Skype on my iphone but did not get around to doing it.

That is why I hate changing phones, buying new gadgets, upgrading laptop or desktop etc.. It can easily burn away a few hours a pop...
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Dec 04, 2008 4:05 pm

It's Good to Know: Genealogical Research

Serious genealogical research once meant hours spent combing dusty archives in libraries and government offices, travel to distant records collections, checking multiple sources, and other time- and money-eating activities.

But a new free online service now makes it easier to find your ancestors' death, birth, marriage, census, and other records... across the United States and overseas.

Offered by the Mormon Church, Family Search (search.labs.familysearch.org/recordsearch/) is continuing to add records to make its database even more comprehensive.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Fri Dec 05, 2008 4:45 pm

For those who wants the latest browser...

Opera 10 (alpha) is out.

http://my.opera.com/community/blog/2008 ... a-10-alpha

I love it! Makes my old machine feels young. Very fast and feels light.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Fri Dec 05, 2008 6:38 pm

Many sweet young things, at the right price, can also deliver the same "feel young" effect:)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sat Dec 06, 2008 1:33 pm

For programmers. Php functions in javascript:

http://phpjs.org/functions/index
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

PreviousNext

Return to Archives