Music & Songs 02 (Nov 08 - Sep 10)

Re: Music & Songs (Nov08 - Jun09)

Postby la papillion » Mon Apr 20, 2009 10:27 am

Superman? got this song meh? Kryptonite I heard before, haha
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby winston » Thu May 07, 2009 1:30 pm

It's Good to Know: Online Music Sales

The music industry as a whole continues its downward slide. According to the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry, sales of music in North America dropped 18.6 percent in 2008, to $4.98 billion. CD sales alone dropped by almost a third. Not good news for brick-and-mortar retailers like Tower Records and Borders.

Meanwhile, sales of digitally downloaded songs, online subscription services, and ad-supported streaming music on websites grew by 16.5 percent, to $1.78 billion.

(Source: eMarketer)
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu May 28, 2009 6:16 am

Hong Kong fan conned HK$10,000 by fake Nicholas Teo

TAIPEI: A Hong Kong fan was conned HK$10,000 (S$2,000) through the internet by a fraudster posing as Malaysian pop singer Nicholas Teo.

According to reports, the fake Nicholas set up a webpage and regularly updated it with recent activities. The impostor also blogged about his working experience and even implored fans to do their part for charity.

And it is through this charity call that a Hong Kong fan fell for the trap. The impostor told fans to buy Nicholas' albums on the site and that the money will eventually help to fund the medical fees for a kid in China.

Believing it to be true, the Hong Kong fan unwittingly transferred over HK$10,000 (S$2,000), only to realise later she had been conned.

The real McCoy was aghast and anguished when he heard the news.

"Firstly, I'm shocked. Secondly, I'm angry. Lastly, I'm sad," said the real Nicholas. He also advised his fans to be more cautious in future.

His management company said they will put in all efforts to nab the impostor. The company had reserved the rights to sue but said the most important concern now is to ensure that such cases will never happen again.

The company also emphasised that Nicholas will only reply to fans or update his activities on the official website (http://www.onlynicholas.com).

This is not the first time unscrupulous internet users have made use of Nicholas’ fame.

Three months ago, another impostor used his alias to set up a personal blog and accounts in both Facebook and MSN. The impostor also updated the blog regularly and interacted actively with fans.

However Nicholas' eagle-eyed fans managed to see through the act when they noticed discrepancies in photos and events published on the webpages. - CNA/fa
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Jun 15, 2009 1:55 pm

Listening to some music by Lobo. I'm sure 3/4 of the people in the forum probably does not know who Lobo was.... :P
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby Musicwhiz » Mon Jun 15, 2009 2:34 pm

winston wrote:Listening to some music by Lobo. I'm sure 3/4 of the people in the forum probably does not know who Lobo was.... :P

Don't worry I know Lobo. I was well-educated by my father - he taught me Beatles, Herman's Hermits and Simon and Garfunkel too, among others. :D

My favourite - I Love You To Want Me

Stoney is also nice. How Can I Tell Her is a perennial classic.
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Jun 15, 2009 5:00 pm

Let me add the 3 degrees.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby sidney » Tue Jun 16, 2009 10:06 pm

Musicwhiz wrote:
winston wrote:Listening to some music by Lobo. I'm sure 3/4 of the people in the forum probably does not know who Lobo was.... :P

Don't worry I know Lobo. I was well-educated by my father - he taught me Beatles, Herman's Hermits and Simon and Garfunkel too, among others. :D

My favourite - I Love You To Want Me

Stoney is also nice. How Can I Tell Her is a perennial classic.

I like to use the phase in army... Today see bei lobo lei, bo outfield. (today very slack)
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:23 am

yeah...i am among the 3/4 people in this forum...cos, i am only 25 years old.... always 25.... a very naggy 25 yo... 8-)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Musicwhiz » Wed Jun 17, 2009 8:58 am

sidney wrote:I like to use the phase in army... Today see bei lobo lei, bo outfield. (today very slack)

Oh there's a band called "The Outfield" too. My favourite song from them is "For You". :P
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby sidney » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:32 pm

MW, i... cannot tahan.. outfield... i am a operational ready civilian... lol. OK。。。 outfield i anything, just make sure no mostiqutoes, and some snacks in my SBO can liao.
Tempered.
sidney
Foreman

PreviousNext

Return to Archives