Photos 01 (May 08 - Jul 09)

Photos Thread

Postby kennynah » Sat May 24, 2008 3:02 am

p : u are widely travelled...

hmmm...let's see....the places i visited ...

italy (no), switzerland(no), tasmania(no), melbourne(yes), sydney(no), paris(no), monaco(no), puerto rico(no), st martin (one of the carribean islands) (no), big island (hawaii) (no), japan (yes), the netherlands(no), belgium(no), west coast of usa (incl yosemite national park) (yes, LA abd Florida), uk (yes)...

so i guess...we are pretty close here to having visited similar places...a difference or two ...who's counting, right?? :lol: :lol:

gd : hhmmm.....thanks... this year's Ms HK finalists ...maybe better looking abit...but this kinda thing...personal taste lah hor... ;)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Photos Thread

Postby learn2win » Sat May 24, 2008 12:15 pm

Time for me to show off liao. :P

Walk 10 hours to reach summit of Mount Kinabalu last year. Nice?

Guard Thy Treasure from Losses - The Fourth Cure for a Lean Purse - George Clason
learn2win
Coolie

Postby blid2def » Sat May 24, 2008 3:25 pm

Heh the peak one is nice - good shadow on the clouds, although I'd have preferred if the peak and shadow weren't about the same height to show layers, or if the perspective showed the peak higher above the "horizon". No post-processing?

Anyway, wanderer is better positioned to give comments, so I'll defer to him. :)
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Sat May 24, 2008 3:35 pm

How To: DIY $10 Macro Photo Studio

http://strobist.blogspot.com/2006/07/ho ... tudio.html

This is a photo of my Lego Bionicle taken within the DIY macro studio box I built (normal cardboard box + tracing paper + poster as background + torchlight/dining room lights as light source). Slightly post-processed (auto levels, sharpening, etc.).

blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat May 24, 2008 4:13 pm

grandrake wrote:Heh the peak one is nice - good shadow on the clouds, although I'd have preferred if the peak and shadow weren't about the same height to show layers, or if the perspective showed the peak higher above the "horizon". No post-processing?

Anyway, wanderer is better positioned to give comments, so I'll defer to him. :)

GR : u means something like dat huh ???
this is my level of taking photos... :oops: hahaha... from miphone...u know lah.. how good can the quality be...

Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sat May 24, 2008 4:50 pm

Eh you pointing to simi? Got angels changing clothes there or some aliens peeping out of clouds? Hehehe...

Seriously - yah got layers; rolling hills, up to cloud, etc. Actually, this is all personal preference lah - take picture like drink wine - there are some universally loved rules, and some subjective ones. Lots of such stuff on the web, but these are simple to understand and pick up:

(1) Take better photos in 5 easy steps
http://www.photosbyjay.com.au/photograp ... asy-steps/

(2) 16 Inspirational Portrait Photography Techniques
http://blog.epicedits.com/2007/12/10/16 ... echniques/

Anyway, I not qualified to comment too much, lao kui only. Everybody has his/her own taste. You like it, can liao. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat May 24, 2008 5:14 pm

i was conducting a simple lesson on cumulous clouds...wana rain oredi...

and i told u guys i saw a UFO...u dont believe ??

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sat May 24, 2008 5:16 pm

That UFO technology a bit outdated - so high tech still got exhaust smoke come out. Disappointed sia. I was expecting them to be using some geomagnetic field vehicle propulsion system.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat May 24, 2008 5:21 pm

it was trying to cloak itself as a concord...but the tv frequency they received back at Zog was backdated, n didnt know concord already decommissioned ...smoke to make it look like airlopane

i was almost fooled...and only when i saw this picture again did i realize i unintentionally caught an alien ship...

i am not joking....see the shadow on the river surface...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby wanderer » Sat May 24, 2008 8:33 pm

The story telling lemurs are cool! :)

Yup, F&E is the way to go!

pepper wrote:
Yes travelling is my no. 1 hobby, i used to travel yearly (cos co i worked for has an annual leave policy that staff has to take min 10 consecutive days off). Now that i have left the co, i try to only take a holiday every 2 to 3 yrs. My break is usually 2 to 2.5 wks and i go to 1-2 countries during each break. I like free and easy travel (not follow tour group). I esp like europe (old buildings/sculptures/museums/churches) and new zealand (landscapes). The other places i've been to, just to name some are (parts of) italy, switzerland, tasmania, melbourne, sydney, paris, monaco, puerto rico, st martin (one of the carribean islands), big island (hawaii), japan, the netherlands, belgium, west coast of usa (incl yosemite national park), uk, etc. Sometimes other than the main cities i esp like to explore the quieter towns (ppl there r usually friendlier). I'm very grateful to have travelled this much.

My next destination (hopefully this yr) is s africa (cos i love animals) and then to spain and russia a few yrs down the road. I use a nikon digital camera (not SLR), but before going to s africa i will buy a camera that can really zoom in on the animals. I've been pondering on getting a SLR but think it is too heavy for travel (got to bring all those lens).

Do u travel too??
Roving Light Travel Photography
http://www.roving-light.com/
wanderer
Loafer

PreviousNext

Return to Archives