PC & IT 01 (May 08 - Oct 08)

Re: PC / IT

Postby kennynah » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:56 pm

millionairemind wrote:K - just checked my hotmail account and it is working fine... sorry... me IT moron... cannot help here...

MM : thanks...
siao liao...siao liao.... my notebook is infected by DOW virus !!!! damn.... looks like for the next 5 hours, i have to rehaul the entire notebook.... just when i want to go out....wah liao... never mind, everything happens, for a good reason...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sat Jun 07, 2008 10:59 pm

Oh, so only hotmail site cannot access ah? Hmm. Like dat not so bad lah. Sometimes weird things happen - I've had to change my browser's proxy settings for certain sites last time. Could be same problem hitting you. You using which ISP? Singnet dial-up?
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat Jun 07, 2008 11:07 pm

by the way GR...

where can i download firefox browser? the latest version, where it can wipe my backside for me... thanks..
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: PC & IT

Postby blid2def » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:15 am

Welcome to the family. You won't regret it (I hope!)... :D

http://www.mozilla.com/en-US/
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sun Jun 08, 2008 12:36 am

thanks GR...i just want to see if firefox can access my hotmail :) if it is that good, it shd at least do what other browser cannot...haha

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sun Jun 08, 2008 1:06 am

posting from firefox.... "hello all station Alpha Bravo, this is Firefox, comms check, over!!!"

hhmmm.... it does appear to be faster in accessing webpage...and by the way...miraculously...all my hotmail access problem resolved...dont know if it was due to this firefox installation... but am happy it is now working... swee lah...tomorrow i join GR to go buy 4D.... later i see what numbers firefox throw for me...hahaha..

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby millionairemind » Tue Jun 10, 2008 7:12 pm

Lena,

If you ever want to type in Chinese without installing a software, this is the website I use.

http://chinese.cari.com.my/ime/py21000.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
mm
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Jun 10, 2008 9:50 pm

grandrake wrote:Oh, Lena - you can use Chinese characters again at last?

GR, I cut and paste one but now that I've read MM's posting, I can :!: :) soon.
Will test it out 2morrow.

millionairemind wrote:Lena,

If you ever want to type in Chinese without installing a software, this is the website I use.

http://chinese.cari.com.my/ime/py21000.html

Hope this helps.

Cheers,
mm
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Fri Jun 27, 2008 3:41 pm

BTW for those using Firefox 3, you might've experienced problems accessing certain sites (e.g. Bloomberg) - getting some kind of "Content Encoding Error". Looks like this is a known problem, and hopefully a fix will be rolled out soon. Not sure how the F this wasn't fixed in the beta and RC stages. Anyway, hope they'll fix it soon 'cos it's madness right now having to use 2 browsers.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Tue Jul 01, 2008 9:38 am

Subject: Big PC Virus coming

A friend emailed this .......
http://www.snopes.com/computer/virus/postcard.asp

You should be alert during the next few days. Do not open any message with an attachment entitled 'POSTCARD,' regardless of who sent it to you.

It is a virus which opens A POSTCARD IMAGE, which 'burns' the whole hard disc C of your computer. This virus will be received from someone who has your e-mail address in his/her contact list.

If you receive a mail called' POSTCARD,' even though sent to you by a friend, do not open it! Shut down your computer immediately.

This is the worst virus announced by CNN. It has been classified by Microsoft as the most destructive virus ever. This virus was discovered by McAfee yesterday , and there is no repair yet for this kind of virus. This virus simply destroys the Zero Sector of the Hard Disc, where the vital information is kept.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives