Movies & Moviestars 04 (Oct 09 - Jan 10)

Re: Movies & Moviestars 4 (Oct 09 - Jan 10)

Postby millionairemind » Fri Jan 29, 2010 2:59 pm

:mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby helios » Sat Jan 30, 2010 12:46 am

Just came back from watching Avatar ... ... (*Thumbs up!*)

When the Na'vi (the humanoids) said "Wake up", it was like a parable phase defined exclusively disjunctively as a comparison to wake up mankind ... and the moon (pandora) was used as a metaphor as "earth" ...

Long and short, i think, the movie has voices of feminism too ... ...
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:55 am

only a woman can sense what you said san mei mei....
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby helios » Sat Jan 30, 2010 11:15 am

And the director ... it was said that women don't take a backseat [role] in his movies ... ... a look at why Neytiri needs to teach Jake about the tribal culture ... ... ?

1) Women don't take a backseat in his movies. While most action films relegate women to "handbags" or "girlfriend parts," Cameron's women characters can take central stage— starting with Sarah Connor in the Terminator movies. From The New Yorker profile of Cameron in October:

Gale Anne Hurd, Cameron's second wife, and the producer of his first three films, says that Cameron always found women more interesting than men as protagonists. "He felt that they were underutilized in sci-fi, action, and fantasy," she said. "And that just about everything you could explore in a male action hero could be explored better with a woman."

2) Not only does he like putting strong women in his movies, he has married five of them - whom he seems to stay friends with. From The New Yorker:

Wisher, Cameron's old friend, says that strong women are one of the constants in Cameron's life: "He likes to write about 'em and he likes to marry 'em. If there's one or two themes that run through his life and work, that's at the top of the list.

3) He has faith in the broader box office potential of spunky women. Rebecca Keegan, author of a Cameron biography, recounts another Hurd quote over at Vanity Fair's website:

"He was fearless in thinking a strong woman is not gonna turn the men off," his first producer and second wife, Gale Anne Hurd, told me. "Male audiences will still come. And they did."

http://jezebel.com/5428827/is-avatars-j ... inist-ally
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Sat Jan 30, 2010 4:21 pm

I know that I have seen Con Air before but I have forgotten the story.

Maybe it's because just too much activities in Action Movies ..
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:15 pm

Con Air is entertaining indeed.... I like John Malkovich movies...

next...

Alvin and the Chipmunks
, is a family entertainment...

overall rating : 2.5/10 pop corns

Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Sat Jan 30, 2010 7:04 pm

Anybody seen this "Stop Loss" before ?
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:24 am

Just watched " Sweet Home Alabama".

Ok Movie and Predictable.

Although I dont have an inclination for Country Music but I quite enjoy the music in the movie. Maybe it's because I have heard them before ... somewhere.
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby memphisb » Sun Jan 31, 2010 3:52 pm

winston wrote:Image

I know that I have seen Con Air before but I have forgotten the story.

Maybe it's because just too much activities in Action Movies ..

This is one of my fave movies of all time.
1000 book challenge. 13 down, 987 to go. Huatopedia has become my loses support group. Recent: Anthony Bolton, Investing against the Tide. Current Jim Rogers, A Bull In China.
memphisb
Coolie

Postby winston » Sun Jan 31, 2010 9:04 pm

Has anyone seen "Red Sands" before ?
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives