PC & IT 02 (Nov 08 - Mar 10)

Re: PC & IT 2 (Nov 08 - Jan 10)

Postby mojo_ » Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:40 pm

I use Axcrypt - very seamless and easy to use, right click file to encrypt/decrypt on-the-fly.

Comparison of AxCrypt with TrueCrypt
Not what but when.
mojo_
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:28 am

now...we are talking some serious identity security here...

pls advice... to encrypt password, data whenever we are on the internet, are you saying that we can use Axcrypt, Truecrypt, which are small little programs which are invokable thru thumbdrive USBs, so that i can use it when using a public computer, say at a internet cafe, or when i am on a public wifi?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:12 am

ok...this is what happened when i installed AXCRYPT... wah dao eh... they only have the "decrypt" application but no have the "encrypt" portion....

did i do something wrong?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby mojo_ » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:20 am

K,

In Windows Explorer, right click on a file you want to encrypt. U should see the following:

Select encrypt and proceed.

To open encrypted file, double click on file and enter password.

To decrypt, right click on the file again and select the decrypt option.
Not what but when.
mojo_
Foreman

Postby kennynah » Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:38 am

thanks mojo.... this is wonderful tool....now, i can safeguard my files fromm prying eyes... 8-)

and fyi...i just tried hushmail....signed up...and mailed myself about 30mins ago...guess what... that mail hasnt arrived in my inbox....??

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby millionairemind » Tue Jan 19, 2010 2:41 pm

Jan 19, 2010
Mobile-phone snooping fears
CONCERNS over mobile phone security have been growing since a code book - which can crack the standard encryption that protects most cellphone calls - was posted online late last month.

This means that criminals, terrorists or anyone can download the code book from the Internet, and use it to listen in on mobile-phone calls or intercept text messages.

But Singapore seems safe from such attacks on mobile communication for now.

The three telecommunication companies here - SingTel, M1 and StarHub - said that they have had no known cases of eavesdropping or message interception.

The Ministry of Home Affairs also said that police have not received any reports of communications being intercepted via this method.

The Infocomm Development Authority of Singapore (IDA) said that 'the unauthorised interception of any radio communication that is not meant for general reception is an offence'. -- MY PAPER
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Jan 19, 2010 7:29 pm

major major fedup.....

just very recently, i discovered that i was experiencing oddity in sending out emails from my work account... it appears to have been sent out successfully, but in reality the recipients dont receive them...

and to compund the problem, this technical fault is intermittent... hence, there's just no way to know if the mails were actually delivered successfully..

so, i told the ops director... he checked and told me, my account has been targetted and seemed to be used with IP addresses from Italy and Japan just in the last few days...

wah piang eh.... jia lat....

he gave a list of suggestion to resolve the issue... which i cant even bring myself to begin with....so, i countr suggested...delete my account and recreate a new email ID.... sianz !!!

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:19 pm

any comments on this latest Apple's offering....the iPad?

i wonder if i can use it just like an oversized iPhone...to make and receive calls?

i like the look of it...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby millionairemind » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:31 pm

"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jan 28, 2010 8:38 pm

kennynah wrote:i wonder if i can use it just like an oversized iPhone...to make and receive calls?

If you route the calls thru Skype, I'm sure you can make and receive calls.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives