Movies & Moviestars 03 (Jun 09 - Sep 09)

Re: Movies & Moviestars (Jun 09 - Sep 09)

Postby winston » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:26 pm

Watched "Lucky You" recently ..

Summary:-
Hidden Content:
In Las Vegas, Huck Cheever is a poker player, brilliant but also prone to let emotion take over. It's the week of the poker world series, and Huck must come up with the $10,000 entry fee, which he wins, loses, borrows, and loses - and even steals part of from Billie Offer, an earnest young woman who's new in town and who catches Huck's eye.

By the time the tournament starts, Huck owes everyone. Complicating things is the arrival of Huck's father, whom Huck detests for having left his mother, a champion player in town to win. Can Huck learn to play poker the way he lives and to live the way he plays poker? Or is his only flush the sound of his life going down the toilet? http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0338216/plotsummary
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:29 pm

winston wrote:Watched "Lucky You" recently ..

One thing I learn from the show...

Don't everytime also 'ALL IN'
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:40 pm

Ha Ha ... In the movie, the experienced old man mentioned that even with his experience, he did not see the blind-spots.

Whenever I feel over-confident, I always end up losing money.

It's always good to be skeptical. That way, we would be more cautious and will stay alert to potential problems..
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Sep 03, 2009 7:51 pm

watched Seven Pounds after W's good rating...

to me... it was a depressing movie... first time, i see will smith putting on a long face for almost the entire show... sian man....

anyways... i dont agree with his approach to resolving his guilt...

overall rating : 1/10 pop corns
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:06 am

yet another piece of american propaganda...

i am not convinced that the producer and director of this drama, really wanted to highlight their international call for end to torture of prisoners of wars...

in fact, i go away knowing that the film wanted me to sense the "humaneness" of the american soldiers in camp delta in guantanamo... a reverse psychology effect to the audience should be rather successful...

Road to Guantanamo

overall rating : -9/10 pop corns
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:15 am

needless to say....the usual commercially produced mindless HK slapstick

overall rating : 2/10 pop corns

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:17 am

the only reason this movie is even worth watching is becos sammuel L jackson is in it....

Jumper

overall rating : 3/10 pop corns

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:23 am

The Sun Also Rises

I think this belongs to artisitic show.

After sitting through it and wait for the third part that ties up the whole show, I still miss out certain thing.

1 star for Joan Chen.

1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Sep 05, 2009 1:31 am

i could not even bring myself to finish this absolutely boring and plotless movie...among the worst films i've watched...

白银帝国

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Sat Sep 05, 2009 7:20 am

I was going to watch "Empire of Silver". Now I dont have to :D
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives