Social Cause 01 (Jul 08 - Jul 15)

Re: Social Cause

Postby winston » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:15 am

On Gold:-

The human race digs deep holes in the ground. They then move the dirt around. Thereafter, they clean the dirt, melt it and they get a yellow metal called gold.

This metal is actually quite useless but it's valued by the human race ...

And it cost US$800 to produce an ounce of this useless metal. Dont know about you but I think this human race do like to engage in unproductive activities ...
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:30 am

winston wrote:On National Day Parades:-

Have you seen those National Day Parades where the country show off their latest weapons ?

Dont they look like gangsters showing off their tatoos, knives and guns ? "Dont mess with me else I will mess you up !" ..

Instead of being proud of their weapons, they should be ashamed of themselves ..

But this is the human race. We dont know what we are doing most of the time :?

Forgot to mention that these countries also like to light up their skies on National Days.

They would spent money on fireworks, while some of their citizens dont have enough money for food, medicine and shelter ..
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Nov 25, 2009 11:25 am

winston wrote:On Sports:-

The human race also spent a lot of time and energy on a thing called sports ..

They would built multi-million dollar stadiums, to have sporting events. It's as if that one second difference in a race is a very big deal in the whole scheme of things ...

And while they spent millions on these stadiums, some of their fellow human beings dont have enough to eat, dont have proper shelter, dont have proper sanitation etc.

===============================

Apologies to any sport fans out there. I can understand that Sports could be very important to you and I also used to be an avid sports fan as well ...

Another funny thing that an alien would noticed about the human race, is that the humans also like to race against each other in motorized vehicles ..

They would again built these multi million dollar race tracks and drive their machines at dangerous speeds against each other. It does not matter that they could be be killed in the process.

What matters is the "fun" of competing against each other as well as the chance of being rewarded with something called "money". These humans are very willing to do unproductive and dangerous activity for these thing called "money" ..
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Nov 25, 2009 1:36 pm

careful now... i happen to be an avid collector of Ferrari and Porsche car.....models 8-)

but tthe single largest social contribution by people is to ensure that true democracy is served and each democratic vote is casted only after serious deliberations...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Thu Nov 26, 2009 7:52 am

On Golf:-

I used to play a lot of golf as that was the only way to have access to the senior management of some of my clients.

We would get up at 5.30am for the event and be only back home around 4pm. There goes the whole Saturday. Sometimes, we even have to do the same thing on Sunday.

Some people considered it "fun". I find it to be a rather unproductive exercise. Wasting the whole day hitting a small ball and thereafter, talking about how great we were on hitting that small ball ...

Some people considered it an "exercise". I think there are more efficient ways to exercise.

Some people considered it a "spiritual experience" ie. full concentration & visualization. Again, I think there are more efficient ways to have a spiritual experience...

However, I think the reason why most people really engage in this rather "unproductive" game is because it's an expensive sport. It's good for their ego. It tells them that they have "arrived". I've seen so many people bragging about their golf game ...

While there is not enough land for housing, there's scarcity of water, we see it fit to continue having golf courses ...

If I'm an Alien observing the human race, I would again be shaking my head in wonder and amazement ...

=================================

My apologies to any avid golf fan out there if I have offended you.

I have actually been playing golf for 30 years and I do enjoy the game once in a while. My best time on the golf course is actually when I dont keep score and I try to do my best on every stroke.

But which avid golf fan would be doing that ? They would be keeping score and trying their best to reduce that score ( as if it really matters ) :? :P
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:47 am

Looking for Utopia ? :)

The reason I am saying this is because I just watch the movie 'The Beach' ... it talked about a supposedly paradise beach (and how things are perfect compared to real life)

1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Nov 26, 2009 2:22 pm

why most people really engage in this rather "unproductive" game

one reason is that these male golfers can use it as an excuse to play "golf" anywhere in this world....such as china, indonesia, thailand, etc... u get the drift?

and by the way...there's a pub in singapore, called Utopia... many china mei mei working there as "waitresses" and beer is cheap there.. so, if anyone wana visit Utopia, you can PM me for the address...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Fri Nov 27, 2009 1:09 pm

On TV Shows

And do you understand why so many people spent so much of their time following TV shows, on people racing around in exotic places or racing against each other in an obstacle course or beating the hell out of each other in a boxing or wrestling match ?

Are the participants doing something productive, other than to go for the US$1m prize money ?

And are the viewers learning anything from these TV shows ?

The US$1m prize money could be put to more productive use for mankind but that's another debate ...

Apologies again to anybody who likes these shows...

And if I'm an Alien observing the Human Race, your activities blow my mind :lol: :?
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:15 pm

winston wrote:On TV Shows

And do you understand why so many people spent so much of their time following TV shows, on people racing around in exotic places or racing against each other in an obstacle course or beating the hell out of each other in a boxing or wrestling match ?

I have never watched an episode of such reality TV programs. We don't allow it in our household. Y??

For the simple reason that you see nothing but people moaning and bitching about other people, speaking behind their backs, back-stabbing...

This kind of shows are NOT GOOD for kid's values.

But that's just me talking.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby winston » Fri Nov 27, 2009 4:21 pm

millionairemind wrote: I have never watched an episode of such reality TV programs. We don't allow it in our household. .

We used to have 3 TVs. We are now back to one so we can control what the kids watch.

But they are smarter. They are watching what they want on the computers :roll:
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives