Photos 01 (May 08 - Jul 09)

Re: Photos Thread

Postby kennynah » Sat May 24, 2008 1:39 am

p : wow ....all very nice shots....u travel frequently??
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby pepper » Sat May 24, 2008 2:17 am

grandrake wrote:Haha, I like the lemur story-telling shot. Nice capture. :)

The Switzerland one - is that at Jungfrau, on the Aletsch Glacier?

It is at jungfrau, but not sure the name of the glacier. it is one of my fave shots. my friends thought that it was a postcard initially.
pepper
Coolie

Postby blid2def » Sat May 24, 2008 2:23 am

Hmm I got a shot of the Aletsch Glacier, but it's from the "normal" side - i.e. from the observatory. Didn't get onto the glacier itself though; regret it a lot now. :(

Is this the same one that you were on, i.e. you get down from the observatory and walk straight into the path shown below?

blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat May 24, 2008 2:29 am

wow.....GD...i'm really impressed by the quality of this postcard....like picture :lol:

didnt know u travel so much also....and now i regretted never taking pictures of places i visited...what a terrific topic of conversation...ya ?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sat May 24, 2008 2:42 am

kennynah wrote:wow.....GD...i'm really impressed by the quality of this postcard....like picture :lol:

didnt know u travel so much also....and now i regretted never taking pictures of places i visited...what a terrific topic of conversation...ya ?

No lah I didn't travel much, just take a longer trip every 3 years or something. So don't have many places to show. Regret that I started using a camera so, so late in my life. Wasted that I didn't shoot anything when I went for other business / leisure trips last time. Sianz.

But yeah, great conversation topic. Good thread. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat May 24, 2008 2:47 am

now...i leave our digital camera to the wife...and i use my phone as a camera...everytime, i pass by our singapore river...i will take shots of it and the surroundings... it's especially interesting to see so much more when taking pictures, than normally would be captured by the naked eye... the camera is a catayst to appreciating beauty...

i meant, it's a great piece of conversation with women :lol:
Last edited by kennynah on Sat May 24, 2008 2:48 am, edited 1 time in total.

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Sat May 24, 2008 2:48 am

Something fun: I like to take photos of photographers. Like this one - so engrossed in his shot... :)

Here, everyone's interested in something - but I'm interested in all of them. :)

blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby pepper » Sat May 24, 2008 2:50 am

kennynah wrote:p : wow ....all very nice shots....u travel frequently??

Yes travelling is my no. 1 hobby, i used to travel yearly (cos co i worked for has an annual leave policy that staff has to take min 10 consecutive days off). Now that i have left the co, i try to only take a holiday every 2 to 3 yrs. My break is usually 2 to 2.5 wks and i go to 1-2 countries during each break. I like free and easy travel (not follow tour group). I esp like europe (old buildings/sculptures/museums/churches) and new zealand (landscapes). The other places i've been to are (parts of) italy, switzerland, tasmania, melbourne, sydney, paris, monaco, puerto rico, st martin (one of the carribean islands), big island (hawaii), japan, the netherlands, belgium, west coast of usa (incl yosemite national park), uk, etc. Sometimes other than the main cities i esp like to explore the quieter towns (ppl there r usually friendlier). I'm very grateful to have got the chance to travel to these countries.

Do u travel too??
Last edited by pepper on Sun Jun 22, 2008 1:02 am, edited 5 times in total.
pepper
Coolie

Postby blid2def » Sat May 24, 2008 2:53 am

Last one for tonight - this one for you. Wife and I were passing by and saw these 3 ladies, apparently fresh from some sort of beauty pageant and doing their tour of the city. We asked them for permission to take their photos and they kindly obliged. Only that night did we realize, when we watched TV, that these were the newly-crowned champ and 1st/2nd-runners up of the Miss Lausanne beauty pageant 2004 held that morning/afternoon.

blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby pepper » Sat May 24, 2008 3:01 am

[quote="grandrake"]Hmm I got a shot of the Aletsch Glacier, but it's from the "normal" side - i.e. from the observatory. Didn't get onto the glacier itself though; regret it a lot now. :(

Is this the same one that you were on, i.e. you get down from the observatory and walk straight into the path shown below?

May not be, if i remember correctly, i took that shot on the way to the observatory. The train that travels up to the observatory made a few stops and this pic was taken in one of the stops. When i get to the observatory, i can't see much cos covered by clouds - pity.
Last edited by pepper on Sat May 24, 2008 3:04 am, edited 1 time in total.
pepper
Coolie

PreviousNext

Return to Archives