PC & IT 02 (Nov 08 - Mar 10)

Re: PC & IT (Nov08 - Jan09)

Postby blid2def » Mon Nov 17, 2008 12:58 pm

kennynah wrote:this is somewhat like photobucket??

Yup, for documents. Some useful documents I found inside. So, if you've a document to share, can just upload and post a link to it.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:04 pm

ok thanks...

later, i may write an article on The Effects of Japanese AV On Countries' Socio-economic Impact and share that doc there for comments...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:17 pm

kennynah wrote:
later, i may write an article on The Effects of Japanese AV On Countries' Socio-economic Impact and share that doc there for comments...

Good title for a Graduate Degree thesis in Liberal Arts :P :D :lol:
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Nov 17, 2008 2:22 pm

hahahaha.....oh is it?

i tot it would be categorized under "Media Arts".... :lol: :lol:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Mon Nov 24, 2008 2:49 am

Java 6 Update 10 (beta?)

Anybody updated to that? I tried this, with Firefox 3.04... and it's bloody slow. Applets that worked well with Update 7 were hanging with this update, and took a while before they could run properly.

Tried with Opera 9.62, looks okay.
Tried with Chrome (only supports Java with 6u10b), same result as FF 3.04.

Granted, I'm only testing with the Stockcharts.com chart annotation applet. The simple DBS Internet Banking applet appears okay, but I didn't bother to test with other more complex applications (e.g. POEMS).

Anyway, consider this a head-up for those who might be tempted to update when you're prompted by your version update checker.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby durio » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:54 pm

try removing old java installation with this utility called JavaRa
http://raproducts.org/
LIFE IS ABSURD - WE ARE FREE - BE MERRY ~ THE FREEDOM MANIFESTO
durio
Loafer

Postby blid2def » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:35 am

blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Fri Nov 28, 2008 2:27 pm

For those who use Firefox, here's a very useful add-on if you're sick of the tedious work required in uploading charts and linking them here: iimmgg.com Tools (https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefo ... iimmgg.com).

Basically if you're charting using some web-based tools (e.g. Stockcharts), you can use this add-on to capture the chart and immediately upload to iimmgg.com (you'll have to create an account beforehand of course). You can then use the "Get the link" function to copy and paste the link into the forum. This saves you several mouse clicks, e.g. in saving to file and uploading to Photobucket.

For those sticking with Photobucket or Imageshack, there's another add-on called Imagebot (bulk/batch uploader) which you might find useful:
- https://addons.mozilla.org/en-US/firefox/addon/1174

Haven't tried this one though.

Or you can try one of these (mainly non-browser based) screen capture -> image upload programs (e.g. if you use ChartNexus for charting instead).

http://www.labnol.org/software/download ... -ftp/2715/
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Fri Nov 28, 2008 10:43 pm

something like that ???

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby blid2def » Fri Nov 28, 2008 11:08 pm

Choose the first forum link - that will yield the thumbnail version. Hotlinking to the large image is disallowed. Doh. Probably enough to make me look for another solution. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

PreviousNext

Return to Archives