Music & Songs 02 (Nov 08 - Sep 10)

Re: Music & Songs (Nov08 - Mar09)

Postby winston » Sat Jan 24, 2009 11:46 am

This morning, I wanted to put on some CNY songs and was looking for the CD. After looking high and low for it, I found it inside the CD player. That means I've not used my Stereo System since last CNY !

What is the implication of this ?
1) People are now spending more of their time online
2) Manufacturers of Hi Fi Systems are in a sunset industry
3) Time really flies !
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:20 pm

Woke up with this song playing in my head.... Toy Soldier by Markita...This was before Internet took off... I macam old man liao..:lol:

Ranked No.1 on Top 40 back in the 80s...

Embedded videos have been disabled.
Click to view video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jpJy46o_7b0
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:21 pm

If you look up "one hit wonder" in the dictionary, you'll see a picture of Markita. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Sat Jan 24, 2009 1:43 pm

oh.... i tot u fellas been talking about Marikita....

which is what we wake up to every morning..... 8-) hence, u understand the confusion..
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:11 pm

It's Fun to Know: So When Does an Orchestra Become a Symphony Orchestra?

An orchestra is a musical group that three types of instruments: woodwinds (e.g., flutes, clarinets, oboes), percussion (e.g., drums, triangles, cymbals), and strings (e.g., violins, cellos, basses). It can be as small as four or five members.

A symphony orchestra is an orchestra capable of playing symphonies - longer pieces that require more instruments. So symphony orchestras have more members and add brass instruments (e.g., trumpets, tubas) to the mix.

So how about a philharmonic orchestra? An orchestra becomes philharmonic when there is already a symphony orchestra in town. It's a way to distinguish between the two.

(Source: Mental Floss and the Chicago Symphony Orchestra)
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Jan 24, 2009 8:21 pm

of the 2 symphony orchestras in the same town, then, which will adopt the term "philharmonic" ? the later entry?

and, how does one determine the size of a town? toa payoh, ang mo kio, pasir ris? so, if we have a symphone orchestra in chai chee and another in jurong east, this means, each of them is known as Symphony Orchestra, rather than having one of them being addressed as the Philharmonic Orchestra, since technically, they both play at 2 different towns?

hahaha....i waiting for dinner to start....so, passing time with some bo leow inquisitions... :lol:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby helios » Sun Jan 25, 2009 10:32 pm

:arrow: was introduced to this beautiful song by Laura Pausin, la solitudine

The loneliness between us
This silence inside me
Is the anxiety from living
Life without you

I beg you, wait for me because
I cannot be without you.
It is not possible to divide
The story of us two

la solitudine (the loneliness)

Click to view video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UR0eXZQD10g
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby millionairemind » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:23 pm

An old video/rock song by Skid Row - 18 and Life.

One of my favorites. I was all wrapped up in Hard Rock and metal bands when I was a teenager. Those in the mid-30s and early 40s might have heard of this song.

Click to view video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0Xd8ykpZkwA
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:32 pm

For the MOMs....

Click to view video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ESe-AysF9mw
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby Musicwhiz » Wed Feb 04, 2009 5:40 pm

Actually, Martika is not such a one-hit wonder. She had a minor hit with "I Feel the Earth Move" (a Carole-King remake) and also a nice song called "Love Thy Will Be Done". But of course my favourite is "Toy Soldiers", which deals with drugs and drug addiction (in case you didn't know).

As for Skid Row, I remember their 18 and Life single, sort of a rebel without a cause music video to boot as well. That was the era of heavy metal with long-hair and leather jackets. They had several more hits such as "I Remember You" and "Youth Gone Wild" too. :D
Please visit my value investing blog at http://sgmusicwhiz.blogspot.com
Musicwhiz
Boss' Right Hand Person

PreviousNext

Return to Archives