Life 41 (Oct 21 - Jan 22)

Re: Life 41 (Oct 21 - Jan 22)

Postby winston » Sat Jan 29, 2022 11:24 am

What is the attitude with which we must lead our life and treat the objects we ‘possess’?

What is the immortal part of man? Is it the wealth he has accumulated, the residences he has built, the physique he has developed, the health he has acquired, or the family he has reared?

No, all that he has done, developed or earned are not going to last; he has to leave them all to the ravages of time. He cannot take with him even a handful of earth, the earth he loved so much.

Discover the immortal 'I' and know that it is the spark of the Divine in you; live in the companionship of the vast measureless Supreme and you will be rendered vast and measureless.

When you hold a currency note in your hand and say proudly, “This is mine" that note laughs at you, for, it says, "O, how many thousand people have I known, who have prided themselves like this!".

The body is but a tent; don't fondle that delusion.

Pine for the dehi (indweller), He who resides therein and makes it active, makes it ponder and enables you to act.

- Divine Discourse, Apr 06, 1965.

Be like a trustee, holding things on trust, on behalf of the Divine, for purposes which He likes and approves.

Source: radiosai.org
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Jan 30, 2022 8:33 am

Let Silence Set

When you are practicing zazen (sitting meditation), do not try to stop your thinking.

Let it stop by itself.

If something comes into your mind, let it come in, and let it go out.

It will not stay long.

- Shunryu Suzuki, “Small Mind, Big Mind”
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Jan 30, 2022 12:26 pm

What is it that has to be known and held on to?

In the dream stage, the senses are negated, and buddhi (intellect) does not work. Only the mind is the master and it creates its own 'world'.

A tiger mauls you in the dream or a snake strikes deep into your leg. You feel all the pain and all the fear.

How do you cure the unhappy man? There is no need to bring a doctor or a magician with his charms. Wake him! And he is cured!

He knows that there was no tiger or snake or bite or pain. So too, jnana (wisdom) will immediately remove all the dual experiences of joy and grief, derived from these non-real objects.

You say, "I was awake," "I dreamt," or "I slept soundly". Now, who is this "I"?

Who is this "I" that has none of the three stages, that persists from birth to death, that deals with the body and all the organs and senses, all the various feelings, impulses and experiences as 'its', 'its possessions', 'its instruments' and so on?

That 'I' is the thing to be known and once known, you must not allow your mind to stray away from it.

- Divine Discourse, Apr 06, 1965.

When both the waking and sleeping states are experienced as dreams, life itself becomes a dream.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Jan 31, 2022 6:39 am

Uncovering Intrinsic Beauty

When we’ve traced the senses back to the mind’s intrinsic radiance, every experience becomes the path — beautiful in the beginning, the middle, and the end, just as the Buddha said.

- Kurt Spellmeyer, “Awakened by Beauty”
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Mon Jan 31, 2022 8:34 am

What is the key benefit we will get, if we consciously introspect before we act?

People have to be doing some action (karma) or other, from the moment of waking to the moment of sleeping — that is to say, from birth to death.

They cannot sit quietly without doing action. No one can avoid this predicament!
But each one has to understand clearly which kind of action to be engaged in.

There are only two types:-
(1) sensory or binding actions and
(2) actions that liberate.

The acts that bind have increased beyond control; as a result, sorrow and confusion have increased. Through these, no happiness and peace of mind can be gained.

On the other hand, the actions that liberate, yield progressive joy and auspiciousness with each single act. They give bliss to the Self and are not concerned with mere external joy!

Though the acts may be external, the attraction is all towards the internal. This is the right path, the true path!

- Dhyana Vahni, Ch 1.

When you do actions that please the Divine you will also have the reward that will please you.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Previous

Return to Archives