PC & IT 02 (Nov 08 - Mar 10)

Re: PC & IT (Nov08 - Nov09)

Postby kennynah » Wed Nov 11, 2009 2:23 pm

heng ah... my facebook entry is not the real me... but i do know many people who post their family pictures, children, wives, husbands, mothers, fathers, dogs, pictures of their house, living room, bed room, their daily routine, habits, hobbies, etc..etc...

i feel this is so dangerous... surely, you wont be opening your family details to strangers, right? but on facebook, they do it uninhibitedly... naive or plain stupidity ? i duno....

so, friends, if you are among those who have left personal details on facebook or any public domain, i strongly urge you to remove them... althoughh the digital imprint will always be there, retrieving them is a lot harder than if you delete those entries... so, the next time, you decide to post on the internet telling the world know where you live...and where your children go to school, think twice..because, once it is captured somewhere, it will always be out there....forever...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Wed Nov 18, 2009 6:16 pm

Senate looks at 'shocking' online marketing techniques By Tom Cohen, CNN

* When people shop online, they can unwittingly join third-party club that charges monthly fee
* Witness: "It's shocking that they could basically sell my credit card information"
* Fine print often provides legal protection for the marketing companies
* Sen. Jay Rockefeller: "Just because you say it's legal doesn't make it right"

Washington (CNN) -- It could happen to anyone who shops online these days.

When buying movie tickets or plane tickets or other regular items and services via computer, a small box appears near the end of the transaction asking if you want to get $10 back on the purchase.

Of course you do. So you click it, launching a secret journey to membership in an online club that can cost $20 every month. With the way the process works, you'd never be aware that you had agreed to a new, ongoing financial relationship with an unfamiliar company -- until you read your credit-card statement a month or two later.

http://edition.cnn.com/2009/POLITICS/11 ... index.html
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:12 pm

Help Help, please !!!!!

i super pekchek man...

suddenly, my notebook's wireless is not working...

i "enable" wireless connection and it is not picking up any signal at all.... all i did was to upgrade my RAM memory card...

so, experts...can help me troubleshoot? any pointers? my wireless driver should be IntelPro 2200BG

many arogatoes in advance...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:24 pm

Have you tried the following:
- off the router
- off the notebook
- wait for 10sec
- switch them on again.

OR
- go to command prompt and issue this command
- ipconfig /renew

I have such problems occasionally.

Hidden Content:
Professional Fees is 01 x BRK.A
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:38 pm

brudder...thanks for the professional advice... your hidden text...*wink*..wilco....

but hor... i am actually saying that my notebook "lost" it's wireless capability, was what i really meant... not that the router and my notebook lost connection...

so, i was wondering if i had actually turned off some setting or what?

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Fri Nov 20, 2009 2:42 am

remember i told you that my notebook wasnt able to detect any wireless network even after i enabled the "wireless connection"....

this was what happened...

in order to activate any wireless adapter...soft enable is not sufficient...you need to actually "hard switch" turn it on... this is usually done by "function key" activation... or some physical switch at the sides...

802 : nevertheless.... that BRK.A is on lah...

Hidden Content:
but first...you;ve gotta tell me what that is

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Fri Nov 20, 2009 8:16 am

How to send secure email By Simon Black

Sending an unsecured email is like shouting something across a crowded room… if you expect the information to be kept private that is probably one of the worst methods available. You might as well rent a billboard so everyone can see.

PGP caters to big businesses looking to secure their communications, though they do have some solutions available for individuals. Personally, I would recommend using the ‘free’ version of PGP under the GNU general public license.

It’s called the GNU Privacy Guard (GPG), available at GnuPG.org/download

All the documentation is available right there on the website; just read, and it will tell you exactly what to do.

Once you have GPG installed, I suggest installing FireGPG as well (getfiregpg.org) if you use Firefox as your web browser. FireGPG is an add-on for Firefox that can instantly encrypt/decrypt plain text right within your browser window; if you use a web-based email like Yahoo! or Gmail, FireGPG is a very easy solution

http://www.sovereignman.com/personal-pr ... ure-email/
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby millionairemind » Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:31 am

Carphone Warehouse and Phones4U suspend sales of Sony Ericsson's Satio after customer complaints
Beleaguered mobile phone company Sony Ericsson suffered a further blow yesterday when the UK's two largest mobile phone retailers withdrew its flagship Satio handset from sale.

By Rupert Neate
Published: 6:38PM GMT 23 Nov 2009

Carphone Warehouse and Phones4U suspended sales of Sony Ericsson's Satio after a flood of returns from angry customers citing problems with the phone.

Sony Ericsson, a joint venture between Japan's Sony and Sweden's Ericsson, had hoped the launch of the Satio, which boasts a 12 megapixel camera, would reverse its fortunes.

Speaking at the launch of the handset in May, Nathan Vautier, managing director of Sony Ericsson UK, said the phone would "help return the company to profitability".

Sony Ericsson has made a loss for the past five consecutive quarters.

The London-based company said the problem was caused by a software glitch and added it was giving the issue its "utmost prority".

Carolina Milanesi, lead mobile phone analyst at Garner, said: "It's a really big blow. Sony Ericsson was counting on the Satio to boost its Christmas sales."

She warned that negative publicity attached to the Satio could also knock sales of Sony Ericsson's forthcoming Google Android-based handset, the X10.

Sony Ericsson has suffered from its failure to compete in the smartphone market, which is dominated by Apple's iPhone.

The company's owners recently replaced Sony Ericsson's president d**k Komiyama with Bert Nordberg, a 13-year Ericsson veteran.

Sony Ericsson has cut 2,000 jobs this year.
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Sun Nov 29, 2009 1:14 am

If you had created Geocities website/s, you will know that on 27Oct09, Yahoo! the owner of geocities, shut it down...

fortunately, there was a group of (apparently non-profit) people who helped backed up geocities contents before it was permanently shutdown... they managed to salvage quite a substantial number of personal websites (mine was saved) and this is where you can find out if your geocities website has been spared the culling...

http://www.reocities.com/username

all the best ! ;)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Mon Nov 30, 2009 10:51 pm

Can't remember if I have post this before.

===
If you have to restrict or manage the kind of information that your kid may be exposed to while they are surfing the NET, here's an easy way.

Try, http://opendns.com

===
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives