Obituaries 01 (Sep 08 - Jul 11)

Re: Obituaries

Postby iam802 » Mon May 23, 2011 10:51 pm

probably..need to learn how to listen to the body...
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Tue May 24, 2011 7:42 am

Dont the organisers also have to bear some responsibility for organising such an event ?

Why a 5km run in the first place ?

Why not just a 1km run and if the participants want, they can continue to run a a dozen times more ?
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Tue May 24, 2011 8:29 am

Most pple who runs 5k would have already do a 1k+ in their daily routine. There's no motivation to join a 1km race etc.

For those who have not done a 1k and go for a 5k, shall we say that they aren't being responsible.

From experience, the Saucony Passion Run is among one of the better organised race in SG.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Tue May 24, 2011 8:49 am

Who's responsible for his death ?

1) The participant has to take responsibility for participating in something that he should not be participating in.

2) The organisers have to take responsibility for organizing such a strenous event. A one km run is adequate and the stronger participants can continue to run a few more rounds if they want to.

3) The familiy of the participants should take responsibility for allowing him to participate but they probably cant stop a sturborn old man from participating.

But what's the point of debating ? The guy is dead and in future, there would be many more deaths from similar incidents because people just dont learnt ..
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue May 24, 2011 9:41 am

i dont get the discussion here,,, pls enlighten me
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Tue May 24, 2011 9:54 am

kennynah wrote:i dont get the discussion here,,, pls enlighten me

The discussion is who should be responsible for his death.

Should the organisers also not be also responsible for his death, despite their good intention ?
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue May 24, 2011 10:19 am

Why do u think anyone else shd be held responsible for this tragedy?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Tue May 24, 2011 10:38 am

Because they could have also have organized a less strenous event and it may not have resulted in any unnecessary death. And they still achieve whatever objective that they had in the first place eg. donation, community spirit etc.

Like I said, a 1km run may be more ok and for the willing participants, they could continue for a few more rounds rather than one big round of 5 km which is quite strenous. People tend to have big egoes. They always want to complete their rounds.

I always like the 80 / 20 rule. 80% of the blame on the Participant. 20% of the responsibility with the organisers.

Using the same argument , why not organise a 10km run and also dont take responsibility for the few more deaths that occur on that day ? :P

Or those TV Game Shows or Super Sales, where thousands of people rush in and a few get trampled to death in the process. No need to also take responsibility. Only the participants to blame, right ?
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue May 24, 2011 10:42 am

What if some one still dies from a 1km charity run, or even collapse from a 100m walk? Shd the organizer be held responsible for these mishaps too?

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Tue May 24, 2011 10:45 am

winston wrote:...
Using the same argument , why not organise a 10km run and also dont take responsibility for the few more deaths that occur on that day ? :P

I get your point.

But, just to point out...that they do have 4-5 categories for the run. (ranging from 5k to 25k).

Having said that, lots of event organisers have take note that organising a run is a fairly profitable business. Hence, you see more runs in Singapore compared to yesteryears. Some runs are getting too congested to be enjoyable.

Ok... I know who needs to be responsible. Saucony Passion Run is always held in East Coast with VIPs from Marine Parade.

Let's get the Emeritus SM and his team to be responsible, good?

iam802
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives