Photos 04 (Jan 11 - Mar 11)

Re: Photos 04 (Jan 11 - Mar 11)

Postby kennynah » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:24 pm

and now...

you get to see her, Annie Lennox of Eurythmics... what a treat...what a pleasant surprise for me...and she was just 5 metres from me when i took these pictures...a true celebrity by her very natural posture...very accustomed to having her pictures taken...and very modest in her disposition...

Annie Lennox

Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Wed Mar 09, 2011 9:34 pm

and the power of good music and dance brings genuine smiles to all around ... there was truly an air of joy...

Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:11 pm

Hmmm.... I was never really a fan of "The Eurythmics" .

The only song that I can recall is "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" ....
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:35 pm

my favourite is "Whiter Shade of Pale".... super melodic...and she's so cool....both her voice and personality... 8-)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:41 pm

It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:54 pm

thanks boss 8-) i'll listen to it this evening...for now, heading to chinatown to shoot some MMs..hopefully with success :)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Aspellian » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:06 pm

kennynah wrote:i do need a ultrawide lens... can't capture the entire length of parliament houses... missing out the "royal tower" to the left of the picture..

wow...nice picture - it looks very post -cardish - abit cartoonish - painting type of photo. u remember what mode u used?

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby Aspellian » Thu Mar 10, 2011 4:08 pm

Kenny Da-Ge,

what lens you owning now? do you bring various lens out and change lens or just use one only?

Your potraits all taken from zoom lens? I plan to buy a zoom lens - but not sure which is good, either a 18-200mm or a 55-250mm; any recommendations or suggestions?

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Mar 10, 2011 5:59 pm

Aspellian wrote:
kennynah wrote:i do need a ultrawide lens... can't capture the entire length of parliament houses... missing out the "royal tower" to the left of the picture..

wow...nice picture - it looks very post -cardish - abit cartoonish - painting type of photo. u remember what mode u used?

thanks bro asp 8-) 过奖了

it was taken with the cheap and good 50mm f/1.8 prime lens (both nikon and canon have a similar version)
here's the exif data for this shot
f/8, 1/100s, 50mm, manual, WB : auto, iso 200

looking forward to your shots 8-)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Thu Mar 10, 2011 6:30 pm

Aspellian wrote:Kenny Da-Ge,

what lens you owning now? do you bring various lens out and change lens or just use one only?

Your potraits all taken from zoom lens?

my lenses are all cheap cheap ones... all of them are recycled lenses (read, used lenses) which i bought from resale market ...
these are what i have :
tamron 90mm f/1.5 macro
nikkor afs 50mm f/1.8
nikkor afs 18-70mm f/3.5-4.5
sigma 18-50mm f/2.8
nikkor afs 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6

there's a very active singapore photo forum (http://www.clubsnap.com). there you can read all about people's reviews of various lenses and extract so much info from it.

these portrait shots were taken using nikon autofocus 70-300mm f/4.5-5.6 .

i used to interchange lenses during shoots..but not anymore for 2 reasons :
a) too heavy to carry all the barang out
b) i kana dust on my sensor, which was due to my carelessness when changing lens out in the field..

so, now, i focus on what i wana shoot and choose one lens and shoot with it throughout...
i think, different folks, different strokes on this approach...

I plan to buy a zoom lens - but not sure which is good, either a 18-200mm or a 55-250mm; any recommendations or suggestions?

i'll give a short answer to a very long topic :)

there's nothing specifically good or bad about having either of these lenses.

you just need to know what you need. if you want convenience, choose 18-200mm >> but understand the technical capabilities of this lens or shd i say, know its weaknesses
if you shoot more landscape, then you could have a more specific wide angle lens...so, no point carrying the extra weight of 200mm for nothing..then, you can split it into 2 lenses (eg, 18-50 & 55-250mm)

get down to canon showroom at vivocity (i think 2nd floor, next to best denki)..they have these 2 lenses mounted on the cam bodies for you to play with...if they are not mounted, ask the shop assistance to mount them for you..they will oblige...very friendly people...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives