Photos 01 (May 08 - Jul 09)

Re: Photos

Postby blid2def » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:46 pm

kennynah wrote:hehehehe....dont tell people....u took a picture with me...

Mojo's beard a bit untidy in that photo.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby mojo_ » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:56 pm

mojo_ wrote:1 of Ah K's "erased" pictures (or so she thought)... shhhh :shock: ;)

:D
Not what but when.
mojo_
Foreman

Postby blid2def » Fri Aug 08, 2008 2:59 pm

blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Mon Aug 18, 2008 3:09 pm

Singapore International Photography Festival - photo competition.

For the photography buffs:

http://am.sipf.com.sg/
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Sat Sep 06, 2008 7:58 am

Photo.net
www.photo.net

This site attracts a community of photographers who loyally answer and comment on questions in 33 topical forums--ranging from black & white photography to alternative cameras to urban landscapes. Upload your pictures to create an online portfolio then get a critique from the other members. Check out the Photo of the Week archive to see a National Geographic-like collection of shots. Beginners and experienced photographers alike will find the online tutorials helpful. Site also has extensive equipment reviews.

BEST: Great for improving your technique or choosing equipment.
WORST: Some dead links.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby blid2def » Sun Sep 14, 2008 3:25 am

Interesting Google Earth Finds
http://www.the-amazing.com/?p=16
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Fri Oct 31, 2008 5:22 pm

It's Good to Know: A Cure for Photo-Phobia

"Can't you just Photoshop me in? The camera always catches me in a really awkward pose."

"Me too! Either my eyes are closed or I look like I'm gritting my teeth."

Just like last year, as soon as we started planning the photo shoot for our Early to Rise holiday card, the grumbling started.

But there is hope for these photophobes - and for you, too, if you always try to hide in the back row for group pictures. All you have to do is ask the photographer to count to three. Close your eyes and take a deep breath. When the count hits two, open your eyes, exhale, and smile. The result will be natural and relaxed.

(Source: PhotoJoJo)
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby pepper » Wed Nov 05, 2008 11:44 pm

Just returned fm my s africa trip..... here are some of my fave shots to share w. u .......

chobe river - hippos

philanesburg national park - zebra

pilanesburg national park - rhinos

philanesburg national park - sunset

sundown ranch lion park - 2 mth old cub

sundown ranch lion park - 5 mth old cubs

pilanesburg elephant safari

cape town, boulders beach - moulting penguin
pepper
Coolie

Postby millionairemind » Thu Nov 06, 2008 7:12 am

Hello pepper,

Long time no see you around. Welcome back.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like you had a great time there ;)

Cheers,
mm
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby pepper » Thu Nov 06, 2008 2:14 pm

millionairemind wrote:Hello pepper,

Long time no see you around. Welcome back.

Thanks for sharing the pics. Looks like you had a great time there ;)

Cheers,
mm

Hi MM,

Yes, i really enjoyed myself in s africa. I managed to cuddle lion cubs - 2 mth and 5 mth old ones, got up close and fed elephants (i even touched its slimy tongue and had a good look at its teeth), took pixs w. baby and adult cheetahs. The 2 mth old lion cub was very affectionate, it was constantly licking my face when i carried it to take pix.

I managed to see all of africa's big 5 -- leopard, buffalo, lion, elephant and rhino, in my 3 game drives (chobe national park - botswana, and pilanesburg national park - near sun city). Also saw south right whales, seals, and many other s africa animals in this trip. Went to a carnivore rst, tasted a few types of antelope meat, crocodile (surprisingly tender like chicken), ostrich and other game meat -- too much meat to handle for one nite but had to taste it purely for the experience. Also tried mopani worms in another restaurant.

Other main attractions visited incl victoria falls, cape of good hope, table mountains, etc.

Definitely a must go location for animal lovers!!!!! You will love the close up interaction w. the animals in its parks/ranches (not the animals in the national park ones cos we are not supposed to leave the vehicle and they are wild).

My next dream vacation --- Kenya!!!
Last edited by pepper on Fri Nov 07, 2008 2:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
pepper
Coolie

PreviousNext

Return to Archives