PC & IT 01 (May 08 - Oct 08)

Re: SOS Please

Postby LenaHuat » Wed May 21, 2008 10:40 pm

Hi GR

A big Thank Q Q to U for your generous assistance. :D
My hard-disk had been replaced b4 by Fujitsu.
But I have no idea where my Win XP installation disks are. I've tried the Microsoft website but as expectedly, can't validate my laptop. I suppose my Fujitsu Disk Recovery CD-ROM does not contain the Asian language font folders.
2morrow, I will try out the suggested website.

Once again, THANKQ, Administrator. Now, oredi pretty happy can post here :)
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Thu May 22, 2008 6:01 pm

Thanks to all forumers who lent me support and empathy.

Been still tearing my hair out with this Chinese language font problem. :evil: :evil:
Humtum here and humtum there but hit the wall with the requirement to load Win XP installation disk. By some stroke of luck (which means I had oredi forgotten what I had done), managed to install Simplified Chinese language font but the font is awlful.

If I find a better solution, will keep forum posted.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Thu May 22, 2008 6:06 pm

LenaHuat wrote:Thanks to all forumers who lent me support and empathy.

Been still tearing my hair out with this Chinese language font problem. :evil: :evil:
Humtum here and humtum there but hit the wall with the requirement to load Win XP installation disk. By some stroke of luck (which means I had oredi forgotten what I had done), managed to install Simplified Chinese language font but the font is awlful.

If I find a better solution, will keep forum posted.

Lena, while you're looking for your XP installation disk, can try to buy some time with this:
NJStar CJKViewer: http://www.njstar.com/cms/njstar-cjk-viewer

It's been a long time since I last used this, but it might help. 30 days evaluation until you find your XP disk. :D
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby iam802 » Fri May 23, 2008 11:57 am

I am just thinking aloud here (not sure how Microsoft handles fonts)

There is a 'fonts' folder in c:\windows\fonts

Will copying the right fonts into the folder helps?

If that helps, then perhaps, all we need is to know which font is needed. And we can email the font over.

Just a thought (I have no idea which font is for Chinese though)
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Re: PC Thread ( formerly SOS Please thread )

Postby LenaHuat » Fri May 23, 2008 2:47 pm

Thanks alot for all your generous comments. :)
Me, tired out and need a little breather...............this morning restored my Microsoft Office products. Will certainly try out these ideas until the prob is fixed.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Fri May 23, 2008 3:28 pm

BTW Lena, I assume after the recovery, you don't have a "C:\I386" folder? If so, that's actually your XP installation disk files there...
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby blid2def » Fri May 23, 2008 3:38 pm

BTW, some more digging, found this:
http://blogs.msdn.com/michkap/archive/2 ... 80867.aspx

Simplified Chinese (2052)

English Name Localized Name
SimSun 宋体
SimHei 黑体
FangSong_GB2312 仿宋_GB2312
KaiTi_GB2312 楷体_GB2312
YouYuan 幼圆
STSong 华文宋体
STZhongsong 华文中宋
STKaiti 华文楷体
STFangsong 华文仿宋
STXihei 华文细黑
STLiti 华文隶书
STXingkai 华文行楷
STXinwei 华文新魏
STHupo 华文琥珀
STCaiyun 华文彩云
FZYaoTi 方正姚体简体
FZShuTi 方正舒体简体
NSimSun 新宋体
LiSu 隶书
MS Hei (N/A)
MS Song (N/A)

Traditional Chinese (1028)
English Name Localized Name
PMingLiu 新細明體
MingLiu 細明體
DFLiHeiBold(P) 華康儷粗黑
DFLiHeiBold 華康新儷粗黑
DFKai-SB 標楷體

So maybe can test by sending you the traditional chinese font files, and then you can put them inside C:\Windows\Fonts like 802 suggested? I'll send you a couple of the T-Chinese fonts to the email address you used to register for your account here. See if that works.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby LenaHuat » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:37 am

Hi GR

Firstly, a million apologies for this very late reply. I missed this thread and had juz checked my incoming email box and read your msg. Wow, excellent :!: Your recovery method and I had juz checked out Yahoo!Taiwan and Yahoo!HK. Can read both :D :D

Actually, I made a mad scramble this morning.........wonder how to 'unzip'; look for WinZip,...........how to copy to my Font file........................now am really happy with the results.

Secondly, and not the least, a BIG Thank Q Q to all of U who have so generously helped.

Phew............thought I might have to sent my laptop to SimLim Square or Funan Center.

Thirdly, to thank U (profusely indeed), I will also reserve a laminated MM-CanSlim card for U.
Will get it done once I make one more visit to the public library to laser-print MM's 20 pointers on CanSlim. I don't hve a laser printer at home. And then visit the Bras Basah Book Centre.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:42 am

In a hurry, I hve forgotten to mention 'iam802' is included too.

Hope we can all huat with MM's reminders beside our laptops.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Jun 07, 2008 8:59 am

LenaHuat wrote:laminated MM-CanSlim ....
Will get it done once I make one more visit to the public library to laser-print MM's 20 pointers on CanSlim. I don't hve a laser printer at home. And then visit the Bras Basah Book Centre.

gd morning L :

am grateful u remember this topic...but really, i mentioned only in passing... i have in fact, copied MM's message and burnt that into my C:drive and my Brain drive as well.. so, please do not let me be any imposition here... and a thank u as well...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives