AAR & TOL 01 (May 08 - Oct 08)

Re: AAR & TOL

Postby la papillion » Mon Oct 20, 2008 10:36 am

There's also the fox, hedge hog besides the turtle. With the bulls, bears and pigs thrown in, add a dash of sharks and viola! We have the animal farm in the stock market :)
An investment operation is one which, upon thorough analysis promises safety of principal and an adequate return - Benjamin Graham
la papillion
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Oct 20, 2008 12:08 pm

I'm waiting for the bear to lower his paws and the pigs to walk upright :lol:
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby mojo_ » Mon Oct 20, 2008 2:08 pm

Don't forget the monkeys that the villagers paid $35 each for to the assistant based on the offer from the man to buy them at $50 each but man and assistant are now missing (story from other thread).. ;)
Not what but when.
mojo_
Foreman

Postby winston » Thu Oct 30, 2008 9:03 pm

TOL:-

Some of the stocks that I have been following have gone up by 30% to 40% over the past 2 days. I did not manage to buy them at the bottom and now that they have gone up so much, it is not worth chasing them anymore..

So where do we go from here ?
1) The economy and the business outlook are not getting better
2) I have not found any industry that would do that well during the slowdown
3) Is this the beginning of a Bull Market or is this a Bear Market Rally ?
4) If it is a new Bull Market, then it is okay to buy on dips going forward
5) If this is a Bear Market rally then it is an opportunity to sell
6) For the existing stocks in my portfolio, I will put a Trailing Stop Loss of 3% to lock in any gains
7) For stocks on my Watchlist, I may buy some ( in stages ) when there is a 50% retracement
8) There could be some profit-taking tomorrow before the week-end
9 Monday is important. If the market rallies on Monday on high volume, it could be the turning point although the economy is going in the other direction...

Enjoy the ride !
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Fri Oct 31, 2008 4:23 am

better be bearish in the short term....i'd be bullish long term...this means, buy if u can hold....at least 12 months...meanwhile....i wont be so gungho and Long just for the rebounds.... it's still a bear market...and it takes guts to have bearish positions...

u dare?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Fri Oct 31, 2008 7:46 am

kennynah wrote: .... it's still a bear market...and it takes guts to have bearish positions...u dare?

I already had two big train coming against me in a week ( while I was sitting on some Puts )...

Once bitten, twice shy :P

Twice bitten, never try again :?

I think I will not be buying any Puts until Monday. If the market does not really rally on high volume by then, I may be buying some Puts again..
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Previous

Return to Archives