100-100-100 - possible?

Re: 100-100-100 - possible?

Postby kennynah » Thu May 22, 2008 6:54 pm

littlecupid : welcome to Huatopedia....hope to see more of your posts...to learn from.

here, most people's concept of vested interests is usually just LONG... i dont see how one cannot be just as fully vested in Shorts during a clear downtrend. playing one side (bull) is simply limiting one's profit potential...

your thoughts?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby HengHeng » Thu May 22, 2008 7:47 pm

hmm i also short the market mah .. where got only long .. LOL ... to me... i just flip my way to profit.

But issue is common mentality is for people to buy low and sell high .. but to program themselves to sell high and buy low .. abit hard..

It is like walking forward and walking backwards... it is always more difficult to walk backwards.

There is another saying .. Bulls make money...... bears make money .. pig who don't know what they are doing get slaughtered
Last edited by HengHeng on Fri May 23, 2008 3:22 am, edited 1 time in total.
Beh Ki Jiu Lou , Beh lou Jiu Ki lor < Newton's law of gravity , but what don't might not come back

In the game of poker , "if you've been in the game 30mins and you don't know who the patsy is, you are the patsy
HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Postby kennynah » Thu May 22, 2008 8:33 pm

and thats why u millionaire lor :)

buy oso can, sell oso boleh
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby HengHeng » Fri May 23, 2008 1:32 am

where got ...don't anyhow poon.. later i bankrupt tml how? i still owe bank alot of money
Beh Ki Jiu Lou , Beh lou Jiu Ki lor < Newton's law of gravity , but what don't might not come back

In the game of poker , "if you've been in the game 30mins and you don't know who the patsy is, you are the patsy
HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Postby littlecupid » Fri May 23, 2008 10:00 am

kennynah wrote:littlecupid : welcome to Huatopedia....hope to see more of your posts...to learn from.

here, most people's concept of vested interests is usually just LONG... i dont see how one cannot be just as fully vested in Shorts during a clear downtrend. playing one side (bull) is simply limiting one's profit potential...

your thoughts?

hehe....u winston, HH, MM, SS, Lena are all the gurus.

For myself I have been burnt badly before shorting during the early 2000s. Shorting RIMM, PALM, AMZN, JNPR etc haha

Right now I do not really short/sell futures to make money. Rather they are there more or less as an insurance in a downtrend market. So I will be keeping them to a minimal (5%). The downside with shorting is unlimitless if you do not know what you are doing. Lucky with the 2 downdays, my insurance is paying off :D
littlecupid
Loafer

Postby kennynah » Fri May 23, 2008 12:35 pm

hi littlecupid :

thanks for sharing your experiences... true that naked shorting can be very dangerous...buy Puts instead...or sell a covered/delta neutral Call (can be monthly income or see it as extra dividend from your holding your shares and still get protection from downward swings)

ps : kennynah is a goondu...hence must keep posting to keep focus and read here for ideas and learn from all the rest... :D

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Sat Jul 05, 2008 11:32 pm

100 x 3 may not be comfortable for most people.

Using the 80/20 Rule, we could change your strategy to 80 x 3 :-
80% vested, 80% profitable*, 80% of the time

If I could the above, I would be most happy :)
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby HengHeng » Sun Jul 06, 2008 1:59 am

well 100-100-100 is just a term , i can be 100-100-100 and yet lose to inflation.

why ? 100% invested ( i don't mind this part assuming if your investment meets your target / criteria ) most of the time , due to leveraging i'm often find myself in a position 200% or 300% at times.

100 percent winning <-- erm if u want to say this it really depends on how long ur horizon is. Even a person which invest S&P 500 or Dow Jones during Dec can say he will win in the long run when market makes a new high back. So it really have to depends what kind of profit he is saying. Likewise i can "invest" in SG fixed deposit and achieve all of the above. 100% vested , 100% profitable and 100% of all time ( i have not seen banks lose money for FDs only bank runs ) <-- so it can be 100-100-100 but returns are likely to be low. As i have yet to see anyone that can do it consistantly over a range of 20yrs other than putting in a FD.

Then you lose to something call inflation.

well personally i think as long as my net losses is below my gain even 30% vested 30% profitable and 30% of the time will do for me.

HengHeng
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:54 pm

grandrake wrote:Is it possible to be... almost 100% vested, almost 100% profitable*, almost 100% of the time, in the "extended" equities market?

Don't know why I was thinking of the above question on the plane today...

Anyway, my conclusion is that 65-65-65 is better. The other 35% cash is to prepare for black swan events eg. a takeover when you are short a stock, new regulations that affect the entire industry when you are short a certain ETF, Oil dropping from US%150 to US$20 when GS was predicting $200 oil etc..
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Jan 17, 2009 9:57 pm

if one is speaking of investing in equities, then i dare say, it would be fooling oneself to imagine it possible to achieve 100% winnings in all the trade positions... if u can... i wana learn from u....please teach me...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Previous

Return to Archives