JPY 02 (Oct 11 - Nov 16)

Re: JPY 01 (May 08 - Oct 11)

Postby kennynah » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:27 pm

eauyong wrote:no problem as I actually meant long dollar yen (stated as short yen) position closed at around 14:31 for a +208 pips. :D

oh i see... big CONGRATS...

this type of manna comes once in a while... 8-)

i'm guessing you are not playing this counter for the moment?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:45 pm

The last intervention involved a few countries.

This time, it's a solo act by Japan.

That means that Japan can still asked for help from the other countries, if the situation requires it.

Instead of shorting at R2, I think it' a better idea to wait for R3 before shorting.

Easy for me to talk as I'm not in this trade :D
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Oct 31, 2011 8:54 pm

at this moment... simply scalp... anything can happen in a split second...so, got position = eyes glued to the price movement...and finger on mouse...ever ready to react
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:04 am

I'm surprized that US$65b can have so much effect in the global currency market, whose daily turnover is US$4 trillion. What am I missing ?

=============================

Traders estimated the Bank of Japan could have purchased US$65 billion (HK$507 billion) to US$75 billion against its currency.

Source: Reuters
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:32 am

boss...eur/usd is but ONE pair...there are so many major and minor pairs

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:33 am

by the way...

don;t play play...round 2 maybe underway as we post...

dollaryen is rising now...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Tue Nov 01, 2011 7:41 am

kennynah wrote:boss...eur/usd is but ONE pair...there are so many major and minor pairs

Yes, I'm aware of that but dont you think that USD$65 is really peanuts in the whole scheme of things ?

For only US$65b, they can drive the JPY down, the USD up, the Commodities market down, the Global Equities market down and their Nikkei up...

If I've not mistaken, I think they have a US$600b war-chest. So if they have only spent US$65b, they can fire 8 more times.

You wanna bet against them ? :P
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:09 am

there you have it...you;ve answered your own mystery

exactly that many traders are well aware how effective the jap govt intervention can that no one in the right mind would have gone against them... add to that the people who clammered onto the LONG...so, the jap may have just spent 65Bil..but the rest of the trading world could have fuelled the pair upwards...and how much is that, no one can tell...

it's about collective actions of demand vs supply...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:15 am

round 2..

started liao....

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Tue Nov 01, 2011 9:28 am

history repeating itself?? :?:

jpy making a U-turn downwards again?

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives