AAR & TOL 03 (Aug 09 - Dec 13)

Re: AAR & TOL (Aug09 - Dec09)

Postby kennynah » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:34 pm

I may have mentioned this b4... I used to date this girl, whose entire extended family was into horse bookie business. They did so well, they bought an entire plot of land, built 6 bungalows n had LTA name an entire road just for their addresses!! That's where all the $$ went. The book makers
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Poles » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:12 pm

still dating the same girl???
Poles
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:19 pm

My fren... Operative word here being "used to"
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Poles » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:40 pm

kennynah wrote:My fren... Operative word here being "used to"

what a pity..... :lol: ....else only need to work on sat/sun
Poles
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby millionairemind » Fri Aug 28, 2009 7:19 pm

kennynah wrote:I may have mentioned this b4... I used to date this girl, whose entire extended family was into horse bookie business. They did so well, they bought an entire plot of land, built 6 bungalows n had LTA name an entire road just for their addresses!! That's where all the $$ went. The book makers

Those with money can always cozy up to those in power :D
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Aug 29, 2009 4:19 am

no...brudder.... i didnt feel right.... and so...in the end...we didnt stick....

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby helios » Sat Aug 29, 2009 11:50 am

TOL: i am running out of ideas to invest in [distressed] stocks, i seriously don't know what to buy now ...

i have done my best to buy the troubled ones (& that the economy was in splutter); there are some gains & losses along the way ever since i started (ie. Feb' 09 timeframe till now).

perhaps there is some form of ROI; how i wish i can have a consistent investment gains > pay check ... ...

perhaps we are entering into the next league of 'financial stabilisation'; could it be timely to use the next skillset :?: :!:

What would that be?
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Sat Aug 29, 2009 5:49 pm

San San wrote:TOL: i am running out of ideas to invest in [distressed] stocks, i seriously don't know what to buy now ...

i have done my best to buy the troubled ones (& that the economy was in splutter); perhaps we are entering into the next league of 'financial stabilisation'; could it be timely to use the next skillset :?: :!:

Welcome to the club !

As I have mentioned before:-
"During the AFC, the stock market dropped for 1.5 years and then rebounded for the next 1.5 years. A typical "V". Thereafter, it trended downwards for 3 years ( due to poor earnings ) before resuming it's climb for 5 years ( earnings driven )". I was out of the market during most of that 3 year period...

It's the same feeling now. I cant find any good stock to buy. It's either:-
1) too expensive compared to it's business fundamentals or
2) I cant see any improvement in it's business fundamentals or
3) I cant see any strong catalyst that would move the stock in the next few months

However, I'm not limiting myself to Spore only this time. I'm also watching the counters in HK as well. Even with the wider net, I cant seem to find anything that I like...

And speculating on "Market Direction" can be hazardous to your financial health. One would think that a steep correction in the SSE would also cause something similar in HK. Yet, HK has been very strong throughout the entire 20% correction on the SSE :evil: :roll:

As I have mentioned, maybe it's time to spend the energy on building a business :? or maybe go back to the corporate world :roll: :cry:
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:09 pm

As I have mentioned, maybe it's time to spend the energy on building a business :? or maybe go back to the corporate world :roll:

sounds like a plan... setup a rojak stall lah... coin yourself the CEO of Win's Rojak... one stone 2 birdies.. ;)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Sat Aug 29, 2009 6:36 pm

Ha Ha ... maybe I can open a fish shop. I can look at the fishes all day :D
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives