AAR & TOL 02 (Nov 08 - Jul 09)

AAR & TOL 02 (Nov 08 - Jul 09)

Postby winston » Mon Nov 03, 2008 9:54 am

Somehow I can feel that there has been a change in sentiments from "Selling on Rallies" to "Buying on Dips"..

Maybe the worst is over or is this another Bear market Trap ??
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: AAR & TOL

Postby kennynah » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:50 am

w : i really am afraid my sentiments is not so hot on Longing at this time...if the trade is short term....

can Long...but must trade it.. in and out double quick time...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:53 am

Agree. It does not make sense for a stock to bounce 50% in 2 days.. Nothing has happened in that 2 days...

Anyway, as they say, " The trend is your friend until it breaks"...
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:59 am

Alexander Elder call this the 'dead cat bounce'
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:02 am

and so, if we believe it is a mere temp bounce....we should consider bearish positions on those that have risen from the grave...as usual...risk/capital management applies for these trades...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:20 am

Too difficult to predict whether this is a real rally or a dead cat bounce.. and I dont really care anymore. Today's trend is up until it breaks..

Therefore, I'm trading short term only. When there's a reversal, I'm out..
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:27 am

agree.... we cant predict...we just form an opinion..and trade that opinion ...it's always just a bet...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Mon Nov 03, 2008 11:56 am

Last week, all the parrots on TV were talking about redemptions at Hedge Funds & Mutual Funds..

This week, the parrots were talking about "Buy and Hold"...

Wah... Sky & Earth difference in just a week. What happened in the past week other than some liquidity in the system ?
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:07 pm

like dat....siang sui liao....rocket up....ready bear positions, cock and fire off....

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Mon Nov 03, 2008 12:14 pm

kennynah wrote:like dat....siang sui liao....rocket up....ready bear positions, cock and fire off....

Cannot fire yet. This train is very strong.

Need to wait for a strong catalyst before firing...

Therefore, I'm not buiying any puts yet while I'm paring down my positions ..
winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to Archives