United Kingdom 01 (Dec 10 to Jan 12)

Re: United Kingdom

Postby winston » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:30 pm

I dont think this Cameron has much experience or "EQ".

Hiring a cop from the US to look after your local security, dont seemed like "common sense" to me.

Another one term PM, I think.
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:37 pm

if he can even finish his term...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Mon Aug 15, 2011 9:46 pm

a uk property agent says...london property prices drop 3.5% month-on-month...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Europe - Economic Data & News 06 (Jun 11 - Dec 11)

Postby kennynah » Tue Aug 16, 2011 4:49 pm

UK inflation CPI = 4.4% up from 4.2% previous reading..
UK Retail Price Index = 5%...same from before

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Tue Aug 16, 2011 5:40 pm

xiao liao....

UK rails will increase fares by 8% in Jan 2012....and scheduled to increase for another 2 years after that....

reason given is that UK rails need to revamp and improve their rail infrastructures....

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Tue Aug 16, 2011 7:29 pm

James Murdoch could be recalled infront of MP Select Committee regarding the Hacking Scandal

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Sat Sep 03, 2011 6:26 pm

Just saw the chart of the FTSE on CNBC.

Looks like a "Triple Top" to me ...
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sun Sep 04, 2011 11:09 am

Far-right group clashes with police

Members of a far-right group clashed with police at a rally in London on Saturday, despite a government ban on marches imposed after deadly riots that rocked the country last month.

Police said they arrested more than 16 people after scuffles broke out and firecrackers were thrown by the crowd of more than 1,000 activists from the English Defence League.

EDL leader Stephen Lennon addressed the crowd in Aldgate, east London, saying he had defied bail conditions imposed for an earlier football hooliganism offence in order to appear at the rally.

"I'm meant to sign on at a police station on a Saturday, I'm not doing that ... The credible outcome is I will be put on remand in prison for my democratic right," Lennon said.

"That's what's going to happen and when I go to court, if they let me out of court with any bail conditions that restrict my democratic right to oppose militant Islam, I will break them the minute I walk out."

Around 1,500 counter-protesters from an anti-fascist group gathered nearby in the Whitechapel area while more than 3,000 police monitored both protests in the overall area, which is home to large ethnic minority populations.

"There have been a total of 16 arrests for a variety of offences including affray, drunk and disorderly and assault on a police officer," London's Metropolitan Police said in a statement.

There were further disturbances when a coach carrying EDL members broke down in east London and they fought with local youths, after which all the passengers on the coach were arrested, police said.

There was no immediate figure for the total number of arrests.

The EDL has held a number of demonstrations around the country since it was formed two years ago, many of which have turned violent.

The protests were the first since riots erupted in London and several other English cities in August, leaving five people dead, and the government has been on high alert ever since.

Home Secretary Theresa May imposed a 30-day ban on marching in six areas of London following the violence but police said they had allowed the EDL to go ahead with a "static demonstration".

Source: AFP European Edition

http://www.newsmeat.com/news/meat.php?a ... &buid=3281
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sun Sep 04, 2011 7:23 pm

no wonder, we saw at least 20-30 police vans packed with heavily padded policemen, streaking by when we were out for a walk yesterday....

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:13 am

IMF cuts UK 2011 growth from 1.9% to 1.1%

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives