United Kingdom 01 (Dec 10 to Jan 12)

Re: United Kingdom

Postby LenaHuat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:16 pm

Apologies, repeat post.Dun know wat's happened.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:17 pm

winston wrote:Not sure about you next time but I found it hard adjusting back into a "semi-open" society from an "open" society ...

i'll put on a pair of very dark shades when i'm back.... prevents me from "seeing" things too clearly 8-)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:41 pm

Who is Rebekah Brooks (from CNN):
In March 2003 she courted controversy -- and hinted at the scandal to come -- when, appearing before a government committee, she admitted that her paper had paid police officers for information.
Two years later, in November 2005, she was arrested after an alleged assault on her then-husband, Kemp. No charges were ever filed against her. The couple divorced in 2009.
Later the same year she married horse trainer Charlie Brooks. The couple's wedding party was attended by a host of big names, including the Murdoch clan (Rupert, James and Elisabeth), then-Prime Minister Gordon Brown, and future-Prime Minister David Cameron.
Brooks held the Sun post until 2009 when she was handpicked for the role of News International chief executive by Rupert Murdoch.The pair had been close for many years: Murdoch is said to treat Brooks like a daughter.

The Chinese call this 政商媒勾結
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:49 pm

seems like very powerful lady....dun play play

Hidden Content:
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 7:53 pm

My experience with British female professionals is that they swear much harder than American guys. And they drink very hard too. When I first discovered this in the early 2000's, I was astounded and that was when I realize that the British society is sick.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Fri Jul 15, 2011 8:05 pm

murdoch has always been "backing" rebekah up.... :lol: :lol: she's served the murdochs for 22 years..

it is very hard to find a british woman in downtown financial district or anywhere in london who have that "audrey hepburn" look or any trace of elizabethan traits... in the months here, perhaps, i have only met one...

smoking among women is pervasive in their society
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Fri Jul 15, 2011 9:20 pm

Hi K :D
What about the SDM (Sharp Dressed Man)?
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Fri Jul 15, 2011 11:39 pm

Hi L:)
There are many well made suites here at under gbp300. Still only around Liverpool street would one see smartly dressed office men. Mostly, british men aren't as fashionable as italians or french, I'm afraid:)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:02 am

when a country has a more democratic parliament... you get this...

due to the NoW scandal, 4 senior metropolitan police officers are now under investigations by IPCC (similar to ICAC of past HK). these include the met police commissioner and asst commissioner.

consequently, these two men have been forced to resign from office immediately, even when the investigation is just ongoing and the judge-led public inquiry hasn't even started.

particularly, asst commissioner yates, was suspended from duties, which led to his resignation, has been accused of nepotism... he was said to have helped found job for a NoW ex-asst editor Wallis's daughter...

NEPOTISM... a word we Singaporeans learn before we even know how to call out daddy and mummy :!: a word so repugnant, we don't even speak of it :!:

cameron is under tremendous pressure to further address his previous decision in hiring coulson (NoW past editor). The plot thickens with each passing day. Wallis, NoW asst editor was hired by Met Police commissioner and yates... and this complicated the links, cameron has with NoW, hacking scandal and met police... he was also asked to explain the party he attended hosted by Brooks last Oct...

it would be big time wayang if cameron ends up getting impeached... because just today, there was already the saying that one set of rules apply to the police and another set applies to the PM....

public opinion is very powerful in UK...and that's why their select home affairs committee, panelled by MPs, has been calling in NoW, Met Police staff for open public questionings... if HDB was in UK...it would have been torn apart in one afternoon session over their absolute dysfunction and could have led to the ousting of malboro smelly tan a long time ago before he could do so much damage to our public housing..

but remember, it is the pressure of public opinion that has caused their politicians to perform their jobs...

it starts with the people....

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Tue Jul 19, 2011 3:08 am

tai chi tua teow liao :!:

just reported...a former NoW reporter found dead... police said nothing suspicious yet but will investigate...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives