United Kingdom 01 (Dec 10 to Jan 12)

Re: United Kingdom

Postby kennynah » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:48 pm

yes L..

i watched that reporting 'live" yesterday... that field journalist is a well known reporter with BBC... i could see how the interviewee was takn aback that it could be a circus had the court hearing be (sic : been) held publicly..

i can tell you why that journalist made this line of questioning... because it happens here in UK... when a public enquiry into any major incident happens, they always run the risk of public mayhem..just like that circus act of a man who tried to smear rupert murdoch's face with shaving foam last week...causing huge embarrassment to their police and the conservative govt in their lack of security...all because they allowed public attendance..
Last edited by kennynah on Tue Jul 26, 2011 8:07 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Jul 26, 2011 7:56 pm

Hi K :D
So, we were on the same airwaves :lol: . If I was there, I would have asked him "Where were the clowns and the ringleader?".
I see what you mean. But I recall BBC has much higher standards when I was young :lol: .
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby winston » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:36 pm

It will be one long hot summer ...

London rioters battle police after shooting protest by Michael Holden

LONDON (Reuters) - Rioters throwing petrol bombs battled police in north London overnight, setting patrol cars, buildings and a double-decker bus on fire in some of the worst disorder seen in the British capital in recent years.

About 200 people rained missiles and bottles on riot officers near Tottenham police station after a protest at the fatal shooting of a man by armed officers earlier in the week turned violent.

Mounted police and riot officers on foot in turn charged the troublemakers, to push them back.

Eight officers were taken to hospital, one with head injuries, as rioters attacked buildings including banks, shops and a supermarket and torched three police cars in the main road near the local police base.

Television pictures showed a blazing bus surrounded by rioters and hooded youths pelting an abandoned police car with rocks and missiles.

While the bulk of the disturbance had been brought under control early on Sunday, pockets of trouble were still erupting nearby.

http://www.newsmeat.com/news/meat.php?a ... &buid=3281
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby kennynah » Sun Aug 07, 2011 2:39 pm

It's a degenerating society
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:47 pm

Hi K :D
Keep safe. The situation in London looks dangerous and volatile.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 5:51 pm

Read this shocking news:
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/home/index.html
I hope K is safe.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby winston » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:08 pm

LenaHuat wrote: I hope K is safe.

I think he's ok. He's hanging out around Newton Circle :P
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Aug 09, 2011 6:14 pm

Hi Winston :D
I see. I thought he is still in London. Cameroon has just ordered 16,000 policemen to be on the streets of London tonight. Parliament has been recalled. This issue has been festering for a long time but the politicians and British people had been kicking the can down the road.

The worse is yet to be - a combination of economic and political crises
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Aug 09, 2011 8:26 pm

I was at newton last week:)

L : thanks :) I'm back for National Day..

Yes, UK's society is individualistic, frustrated and quite soulless. Their idea of comedy is profanity. Their once mighty empire was lost post WWII.
It isn't a place I'd form roots. Good luck to those migrant indians

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby kennynah » Wed Aug 10, 2011 12:53 am

the situation in london is getting worse....

i'm now considering delaying my return...until they calm down... this has been suggested to be the worst riot in 20 years... and i;ve seen footages of lootings, a person physically attacked and robbed, cars and buildings burning...

and these within 5-15 km from where we put up...

what a dangerous city it has become... :evil:

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

PreviousNext

Return to Archives