STI - Market Direction 06 (May 10 - Jul 10)

Re: STI - Market Direction & Strategy 6 (May 10 - Aug 10)

Postby helios » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:54 pm

OE2008 wrote:Perusing W's HK stocks thread, I picked 3 counters, GLC Polymer, SJM and China Longyuan Power on 8 Jul. Only managed to fill the first 2. Not fast momentum play and they are on a steady climb. Exited GLC Polymer on 26 Jul (probably a mistake) and keeping SJM. Know nuts about these counters but the charts look healthy :oops:

I can see Minmetals Land doing well for W

OOO ...

W is an old hand :!: :!:
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby winston » Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:00 pm

Ha Ha ... you see me too up :?

And I would never ever buy a counter strictly on it's chart ;)
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby OE2008 » Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:00 pm

Aspellian wrote:i am looking at 1. HL Asia and 2. Osim.

1. HL Asia - recently released a 80+page presentation. A rarity for the publicity shy company under Kwek bros. So they're probably building up for some corporate action (eg. IPO or divestment of Xinfei). Cons - overhang of buyers above $4 to $5 range. So please help to move the stock. haha!!

2. Osim - above 3 years high. Results quite good. Prices recovered from 70cents+ to a dollar recently
but surprisingly is that management still buying huge chucks at $1+ after results announced.

All above are wild speculations.
vested.

Hi Aspellian,

OSIM is wildly exciting, a 20 bagger for the investors who are brave enough to pick this up at market low of 5 Cts. Even those who bought in the recent correction are sitting on huge profit. Unfortunately, I have no stake. What could I say... woulda coulda shoulda have the conviction to buy on the way up :lol: Buying on the way up needs great fortitude.

Congrat. Take care in protecting the profit.
OE2008
Coolie

Re: STI - Market Direction & Strategy 6 (May 10 - Jul 10)

Postby millionairemind » Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:38 am

I was just looking at the JULY MSCI Singapore futures contract vs the AUG MSCI Singapore Futures contract.

There is a 28 bid spread difference between the 2 (slightly under 1%).

Wonder if the roll over tomorrow will cause our mkt to fall??
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby b0rderc0llie » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:25 am

millionairemind wrote:I was just looking at the JULY MSCI Singapore futures contract vs the AUG MSCI Singapore Futures contract.

There is a 28 bid spread difference between the 2 (slightly under 1%).

Wonder if the roll over tomorrow will cause our mkt to fall??

It has been like this for many months already. The Feb vs March contract had a spread of 1, the March vs April contract had a spread of 22. And it continued to be around that range till today.
b0rderc0llie
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby millionairemind » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:29 am

Thanks for the note BC. ;)
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby Aspellian » Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:51 pm

OE2008 wrote:
Hi Aspellian,

OSIM is wildly exciting, a 20 bagger for the investors who are brave enough to pick this up at market low of 5 Cts. Even those who bought in the recent correction are sitting on huge profit. Unfortunately, I have no stake. What could I say... woulda coulda shoulda have the conviction to buy on the way up :lol: Buying on the way up needs great fortitude.

Congrat. Take care in protecting the profit.

let's hope that management is right of its own company's prospects by buying millions of its own shares at current prices... and hope STI doesnt hit the brick wall of 3000points and freefall 10% again. ;)

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby kennynah » Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:37 pm

Got kena 3k today or not?
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby winston » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:11 am

Hmmm.... the Jardine Boys are down 2% to 3%.

It looks like someone wants to push the market down, to flush out the weak-holders first :?
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:29 am

It's raining heavily here in SG
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives