Singapore - Housing 04 (Jan 10 - Mar 10)

Re: Singapore - Residential Properties & HDB 4 (Jan10 - Mar10)

Postby Aspellian » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:16 pm

millionairemind wrote:Found the news...
There are only about 50 rooftop penthouses with open terraces in Bishan.

However, property agents told The New Paper that it is unlikely that HDB flats will cross the $1 million mark "for the next two to three years."

"The Bishan maisonette can command a premium price because such units are rare and the location is good," said one agent.

Hmm, with such comments, that means the property market still have much legs to run. Its when everyone think that the pot of gold under the rainbow is just an arm's length away, then probably market a bit toppish... ;)

So anyone wants to bet whether there will be a $1millon mark for the remaining 49 rooftop penthouses within this year!?? :lol:

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby millionairemind » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:24 pm

There will always be a greater fool out there.. :D
"If a speculator is correct half of the time, he is hitting a good average. Even being right 3 or 4 times out of 10 should yield a person a fortune if he has the sense to cut his losses quickly on the ventures where he has been wrong" - Bernard Baruch

Disclaimer - The author may at times own some of the stocks mentioned in this forum. All discussions are NOT to be construed as buy/sell recommendations. Readers are advised to do their own research and analysis.
millionairemind
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:27 pm

i'm not greedy....i sell first....when top happens, i will know in hindsight...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby peter » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:37 pm

$900k for Bishan HDB penhouse is not new. I saw one resale of the same type, renovated asking for $900k back in the previous peak in 1996.
peter
Coolie

Postby iam802 » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:41 pm

LenaHuat wrote:
Hi MM :D
No need to leave permanently. Juz rent out your HDB and rent a serviced aprt near Singapore, anywhere that's ard 3-4 hours flight is liveable. And you can trade there too.

I like this idea and have been thinking about it. :)
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:46 pm

And you can send your children to international schools there. It would be a wunderful experience for them :D Actually a number of Singaporeans are doing this but you just do not hear too much abt them.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby Poles » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:54 pm

LenaHuat wrote:And you can send your children to international schools there. It would be a wunderful experience for them :D Actually a number of Singaporeans are doing this but you just do not hear too much abt them.

Perth???
Poles
Boss' Right Hand Person

Postby kennynah » Wed Mar 31, 2010 9:57 pm

i was thinking more like sentosa cove.... go school in pulau ubin when they start one there...next to Outbound School 8-)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby bulltick » Wed Mar 31, 2010 11:45 pm

If the pinnacle @ duxton unit(Top floor with sea view) can be transacted in the resale market today,I am sure some rich DINK couple will fork out $1M to buy it.

In previous cycles, property market always seems to lag behind stock market by 6-9 months but "this time is different". It held hand in hand with the stock market by bottomed out in Q2'09. It seems the Singapore property market is getting very efficient nowadays. 5 years ago, there are only few property related websites with minimum statistics released from URA but in recent years, there are much more public info for buyers/sellers to study on. With the new NUS property index, the market may become even more "efficient". Let's us see if property market will peak ~ the same time with STI this time round.
bulltick
Loafer

Previous

Return to Archives