US - 2010 Predictions

Re: US - 2010 Predictions

Postby OE2008 » Tue Jan 26, 2010 11:33 pm

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/10-rea ... 2010-01-19

10 reasons Obama is failing 95 million investors
Commentary: Why his fat-cat bankers are destroying capitalism and democracy

......" But we also know that the future, seen through a broader historical lens, will reveal a natural cycle with you cast in the predictable final scene of a Shakespearean-style plot driven by fate, the same dramatic destiny of all great nations and civilizations. We know a dark conspiracy made up of Wall Street, corporate chief executives and the Forbes 400 controls Washington, limiting and manipulating you. So we know it's not all your fault -- for you are playing your role well in America's epic historical drama.

As Shakespeare put it: "All the world's a stage, and all the men and women merely players. They have their exits and their entrances." As this past year unfolded it became painfully obvious you are indeed playing a role in a historic drama, along with other leaders in a staged, life-cycle, endgame conspiracy that includes Presidents Reagan, Clinton and Bush, Fed Chairmen Greenspan and Bernanke, and Wall Street's bosses --Paulson and your fat-cat banker buddies. The final scene of this Shakespearean drama is playing out this very moment, with 10 improvisational plot points driving your character's role." ........
OE2008
Loafer

Postby kennynah » Wed Jan 27, 2010 3:14 am

my feel is that his banking reforms will not succeed...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Sat Jan 30, 2010 9:59 am

Hi K :D
As often the case, I differ from your opinion. :lol:
His banking reforms will succeed not only domestically but trigger a global co-ordinated response. His reform plans would have the support of allies that the Americans failed so dismally to gather for the Bush-era wars.
This could be Obama's greatest legacy for his first term. Volcker too would be etched in the hall of fame. I can't wait for the nerves to unfold when Volcker reveals the 'devil' details. IMHO the markets will roil.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby Poles » Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:49 pm

LenaHuat wrote:Hi K :D
. IMHO the markets will roil.

Hi Lena,

pardon my poor english, what is roil??
Poles
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby ucypmas » Sun Jan 31, 2010 11:47 pm

Obama's term has been nothing but hot air and empty rethoric so far. His cluelessness about economic matters are apparent from the way he let his economic team have their way, and succeeded in not only depleting the administration's political capital, but pulled a veil over Obama himself so much so that he believed that the economy is "in hand" and he can focus on doing the healthcare thing.

As it turns out Ted Kennedy died, the voters gave them a good slaparound and the rest is history.

I wouldn't hold my breath for any reforms. The banks have grown too big and too powerful to be taken apart politically in this environment. You need a bigger and badder credit crisis that will hopefully kill off the remaining big banks and Goldman Sachs to have a clear slate for reform.
ucypmas
Coolie

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:49 pm

poland wrote:
. IMHO the markets will roil.

Hi Lena,

pardon my poor english, what is roil??

Hi Poland :D
U are pulling my leg ;) Here's what it means :

Don't get caught in it.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby Aspellian » Mon Feb 01, 2010 1:56 pm

Definitions of roil on the Web:

churn: be agitated; "the sea was churning in the storm"
make turbid by stirring up the sediments of
wordnetweb.princeton.edu/perl/webwn

i learnt a new word today!!! :lol:

PROMISE, PASSION, PEACE, POWER, PURPOSE, PLAN, PATIENCE, PERSEVERANCE, PROTECTION
DELIGHT, DISCIPLINE, DILIGENT, DETERMINATION, DESIRE

"Its not whether you're right or wrong thats important, but how much money you make when you're right and how much you lose when you're wrong." - Warren Buffet
Aspellian
Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:09 pm

As often the case, I differ from your opinion. :lol:

Hi L : that's perfectly alright... you keep me well checked... 8-)
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Poles » Mon Feb 01, 2010 2:29 pm

Hi Lena,

i am really a HKB>>Hokkien Bing....
thnaks...I did google before for the meaning....but still do not understand.
thanks....now i understand...

roil = roll + in > dun kena roll inside.....
Poles
Boss' Left Hand Person

Postby LenaHuat » Fri Feb 05, 2010 9:30 am

LenaHuat on 24 Jan 2010 wrote:
LenaHuat on 17 Dec 2009 wrote:IMHO, it's difficult to be optimistic abt 1Q2010. I've posted this so that I can track its expiry:-
NEW YORK (CNNMoney.com) -- The House Wednesday overwhelmingly approved extending the filing deadline for unemployment benefits and the COBRA health coverage subsidy through the end of February.

Later, the House narrowly approved a $154 billion job creation package that would provide funding for infrastructure projects and keep teachers and emergency personnel on the job.

I've just read elsewhere that some investors think the S&P500 is already oversold. Gosh, the correction IMHO has just only begun.

I'm quoting within quotes to illustrate what 'roil' means :lol: .
This is only the beginning of fear. The snapping has taken place yet. The volumes are not even revealing the deepest fear. More importantly, I don't see light.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives