US - 2010 Predictions

Re: US - 2010 Predictions

Postby kennynah » Wed May 05, 2010 12:40 am

Hi L 8-)

kam sia..kam sia... i hope you get your discounted prices and ride the up wave subsequently for yet another few million dollars in your bag....HUat HUat !!! :lol:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Thu May 20, 2010 9:28 pm

The US cohort of 2010 will complete their final exams in a week or so and join the workforce. The cohort of 2009 are still struggling for jobs. I anticipate the unemployment number to cross 10 by the next quarter :evil:
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Fri Jun 04, 2010 10:15 pm

The unemployment rate stands at 9.7 now. Summer's in and summer jobs are not easy to get.
Please be forewarned that you are reading a post by an otiose housewife. ImageImage**Image**Image@@ImageImageImage
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Mon Jun 14, 2010 9:35 pm

Least we forget, this is the 9th and 7th year of the wars in Afghanistan and Iraq :(
And they won't end by end 2010
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:33 am

someone in this forum....told me....

usa struck jackpot in afghanistan....

give up the occupation there now?....i think not...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 10:58 am

Hi K :D
Ya, it was reported that the Americans found an abundance of minerals including lithium in Afghanistan.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby mojo_ » Tue Jun 15, 2010 5:53 pm

Earlier on Wednesday President Obama assailed Republicans for leaving him with the type of spiraling short-term deficits that fuel longer-term debt.

The US government suffered its 19th consecutive month of budget deficit in April.

"By the time I took office, we had a one-year deficit of over one trillion dollars.....

June 13, 2010
U.S. Identifies Vast Mineral Riches in Afghanistan
By JAMES RISEN

WASHINGTON — The United States has discovered nearly $1 trillion in untapped mineral deposits in Afghanistan, far beyond any previously known reserves .....

Not what but when.
mojo_
Foreman

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Jun 15, 2010 6:33 pm

Hi mojo :D
ThankQ for this amusing thought :lol: . Obama's admin will say :"Yes, we CAN grow this number" "There's room to grow this number":!
The Afghan review was initially carried out in 2006 and 2007, but the task force focused primarily on Iraq. With the drawdown of US forces in Iraq, the task force turned its attention back to Afghanistan and did a follow-up assessment.

The assessment concluded the scale of Afghanistan's mineral wealth 'was much bigger' than initially realised, he said.

An estimate based on mineral prices late last year concluded Afghanistan was sitting on mineral wealth of US$1 trillion, a figure Afghan President Hamid Karzai mentioned at a news conference on Jan 31. Colonel Lapan said that figure may be low.

'There's ... an indication that even the trillion dollar figure underestimates what the true potential might be,' he told reporters at the Pentagon.

Officials said the trillion dollar figure did not include known oil and gas reserves or the value of expected deposits of minerals like lithium that have not been verified scientifically to the point of being able to estimate a value.
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:15 am

LenaHuat on 5 Feb 2010 wrote:Hi K :D
Your colors will return soon. I'll trigger my call in the "Averaging Up" thread. But b4 this, I will, as my usual disorganized way, post optimistic msg all over this forum. :lol: But I'm really daring to go. But this is not yet the moment. The volumes are not peaking like last March.

Lately I have been posting optimistic msg abt the local economy. What abt the US economy? The US is no longer in recession :o Anyone's seeing the lights at the end of the US tunnel and think it's time to average up?
LenaHuat
Big Boss

Postby LenaHuat » Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:29 am

I wonder what forumer "depressed75" thinks :?: Would U like to share your thoughts :D
LenaHuat
Big Boss

PreviousNext

Return to Archives