3D Systems Corporation (DDD)

3D Systems Corporation (DDD)

Postby Muhajir » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:16 am

-Vested

About one and half months I bought a 3d printer called Zprinter model 150 for a small business we have here and I liked its potential so much I sought out the company who was behind it thinking they have a good product to sell with high demand in the current bad economic climate. So I invested in the company around first week of January (even though I do not have any US stocks at the moment and this is my only one for a long time) at around $ 12.30 and today the stock is at $ 19.89. Looks like its time for me to get out while the going is good...

ROCK HILL, S.C., Jan. 24, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD) announced today that A. O. Smith Corporation (NYSE:AOS), a leading global manufacturer of water heating equipment, is creating more attractive and energy-efficient water heaters through its advanced new product development process, which integrates 3D printing solutions from the company's full-color professional 3D printers.

Using a ZPrinter® to create prototypes in-house, A. O. Smith is shaving weeks off product development, saving substantial cost as well as time. This enables them to iterate more productively and thoroughly refine designs, according to the R&D team.

"Instead of commissioning aluminum molds or sending out to busy contractors for plastic models, we can produce our own high-resolution color prototypes for a fraction of the cost," said A. O. Smith CAD Supervisor, Steve Wood, from the company's Johnson City, TN, manufacturing facility. "When a trial design isn't perfect, we quickly revise it and print another 3D model, or we create several different prototypes at the same time. Our ZPrinter gives us the flexibility to make real-time changes and react quickly to our customers' demands." Read More

Source: Stock house
Muhajir
Coolie

Re: 3D Systems Corporation (DDD)

Postby kennynah » Fri Feb 03, 2012 4:21 am

another winner Ali... you the best :!:
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Muhajir » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:10 pm

- Vested

kennynah wrote:another winner Ali... you the best :!:

Not really Kenny. The only reason I bought the stock is I bought a 3D printer made by them which is truly amazing and I was convinced 100% that they would find many buyers for this printer. My assumption was just proven right in this case. You can take a look at how their printer works on youtube , just search "Z corp 3D printer".

3D Systems Reports Fourth Quarter Results
3D Systems Corp.
DDD | 2/23/2012 8:54:32 AM
3D Systems Reports Fourth Quarter Results

Highest Quarterly and Annual Revenue and Printer Units Ever

Initiates Revenue and Earnings Guidance for 2012

ROCK HILL, S.C., Feb. 23, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) --3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD) announced today non-GAAP adjusted earnings of 27 cents per share for the fourth quarter of 2011 and GAAP earnings of 16 cents per share.

Revenue increased 35% to $69.9 million for the fourth quarter of 2011 and 44% to $230.4 million for the full year. Printer units grew 190% for the quarter and 242% for the year resulting in record printer revenue and units shipped.

To facilitate a better understanding of the impact that several significant strategic acquisitions had on its financial results, with today's earnings release the company began to report non-GAAP measures which adjust net income and earnings per share by excluding the impact of stock-based compensation, amortization of intangibles, non-cash interest expense, non-recurring acquisition expenses and the release of the valuation allowance on deferred tax assets. A reconciliation of GAAP to non-GAAP results is provided in the accompanying tables.

For the full year 2011 the company reported non-GAAP adjusted net income of $41.0 million resulting in $0.81 per share, up 69% compared to full year 2010, and GAAP net income of $35.4 million, or $0.70 per share.

ReaD MORE..
Muhajir
Coolie

Postby iam802 » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:15 pm

Congrats! Nice move.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby Muhajir » Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:18 pm

iam802 wrote:Congrats! Nice move.

Thank you Iam802.. Shame I only bought 1k shares.. LOL
Muhajir
Coolie

Postby Muhajir » Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:44 pm

-Vested

Up today by more than 12% already..Now at $27.30 !!! Dont think I will sell yet. I know its wrong to let emotions rule your investment decisions... but hey! :P

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/3d-systems-ceo-keynotes-spar-international-2012-2012-04-16
Muhajir
Coolie

Postby kennynah » Tue Apr 17, 2012 3:39 am

very nice Ali..

always good to know a friend is in the up !! nice 8-)

Muhajir wrote:-Vested

Up today by more than 12% already..Now at $27.30 !!! Dont think I will sell yet. I know its wrong to let emotions rule your investment decisions... but hey! :P

http://www.marketwatch.com/story/3d-systems-ceo-keynotes-spar-international-2012-2012-04-16
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:09 am

Another friend has start mentioning 3D printers (to me, that is a sign of the trend that is developing).

Seems like Ali has caught the trend early and is riding the wave.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby Muhajir » Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:51 pm

iam802 wrote:Another friend has start mentioning 3D printers (to me, that is a sign of the trend that is developing).

Seems like Ali has caught the trend early and is riding the wave.

Thank you Iam802,

Like I said before I have the printer here in a small business and I can tell you frankly this makes money. So the way I see it we are now looking at one of their more proffessional models which I assume would happen with other users too because there is on the ground demand for the 3D printer service. And there are only 2 companies listed in the market (forgot the name of the other one, please google) but frankly speaking this company has cheaper models which are more affordable to a lot more small service providers like me. Most of our customers require us to make scale models of buildings. I think the demand would be even more higher even in a negative economy.

Now the stock I think is stabiling around the US$ 27 mark and getting the momentum to go higher. I am assuming this based on the significant volume increase for the last 4 weeks.

Take care all

Ali
Muhajir
Coolie

Postby Muhajir » Sun May 27, 2012 10:32 pm

-Vested

Now at $ 29 ++ BOOOOM!!!! :D It's going to go up significantly after being in the news a lot due to the more than positive earnings report!

3D Systems Reports First Quarter Results

- Highest Quarterly Revenue, Printer Units and Gross Profit Margin

- Affirms Revenue and Earnings Guidance for 2012

ROCK HILL, S.C., April 26, 2012 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- 3D Systems Corporation (NYSE:DDD) announced today non-GAAP adjusted earnings of 25 cents per share for the first quarter of 2012 and GAAP earnings of 12 cents per share.

Revenue increased 63% to $77.9 million over the first quarter of 2011. Printer units grew 153% for the quarter compared to 2011.

Gross profit grew 67% for the first quarter on higher revenue and gross profit margin expanded 143 basis points over the 2011 period to 50%.

Read More
Muhajir
Coolie

Next

Return to S to Z