Visa (V)

Visa (V)

Postby Chiron » Tue May 20, 2008 10:40 pm

Hello folks, my first post in this forum.

This year marked the first time my investment has ventured overseas, now vested in VISA.

My VISA investment is for long term, unless there is a drastic change in the fundamental of the company.

Want to learn more from the experts here.

Thanxs!
Chiron
Coolie

Visa V

Postby kennynah » Wed May 21, 2008 12:22 am

Chiron : welcome ...long time no "see"...

V has always held up very well despite sell off days... a proxy of where it's going, perhaps is MasterCard. Whenever, people speak of V, as an investment, it is usually accompanied by justifying how MA performed...which in about 1 year, doubled its value.

MM, did a back envelope calculation just prior to V's listing and came up with a target price of ~$88...if this is to be accurate, then we are almost there...now at ~83.50 my personal view is that this is a counter that will rise slow and steady... it extends no credit but collects commissions from worldwide transactions... US may have slowed, but not the rest of the 4 continents... good luck...

SRS, looks from TA to be making a W...but of cos, its prices are well "under" the MA50/200 lines... any upswing, will be challenged by them... but buying at a low price can sometimes be a successful technique employed by some... who is to say that is wrong?

best of luck and please post more...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Re: Visa V

Postby Chiron » Thu May 29, 2008 9:52 pm

Nice pop up tonite, leading by MA. Better GDP providing the firepower.
Chiron
Coolie

Postby kennynah » Thu May 29, 2008 10:02 pm

C : u really have an eye for V .... it is in my "view folder"...really star perfomer...4.82% so far....wah...u huat huat...

see, come to hutaopedia...everyday is a Huat Huat Day :lol: :lol:

congratulations !!!!! especially on having the guts to enter when it corrected to <78
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Chiron » Thu May 29, 2008 10:23 pm

Did you buy VISA? Me looking to increase my stake if it breaks its high of 88.5 :)
Chiron
Coolie

Postby kennynah » Thu May 29, 2008 10:26 pm

C : i have no positions in financial related counters now... best of luck to you... huat huat... :!: :!:

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Chiron » Thu May 29, 2008 10:44 pm

Hi kennynah, technically VISA is a provider, a service between the retailors and the banks, rather than a financial related company. There are some who classified it as a technological company.

cheers
Chiron
Coolie

Postby kennynah » Fri May 30, 2008 5:59 am

Hi C:

noted...i am just being very ultra careful when I associate V with financials....u, i'm sure, are well aware that V is not per se coupled under financials...

nevertheless...i was just being too cautious....

i am very happy that V settled at >4% gains tonight...

i wish you all the best in your trades...

by the way, .... should you decide on another US counter, please post...and notify us....

i look forward to your next.... ;)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby Chiron » Fri May 30, 2008 7:52 am

Hi Kennynah, me actually still very new to US equity market. Only went in this year after 8 years in Spore market. It was my Sifu who encourage me to do that and I have learned a lot as the mechanics behind US market is quite different from Spore. Although its only been a few months, I do see more merits to be focus on US rather than Spore and hence am shifting more of my resources accordingly.

Cheers
Chiron
Coolie

Re: Visa (V)

Postby kennynah » Fri May 30, 2008 7:43 pm

please do ask your sifu to join us here at huatopedia...where we can learn from him too...

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Next

Return to S to Z