Sinovac Biotech Ltd (SVA)

Sinovac Biotech Ltd (SVA)

Postby iam802 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:33 am

This is a short term play on possible flu outbreak in the coming months.

As such, I do not have a very large position and have in place a fairly tight stop loss in place.

Note:

Earnings will be due soon so prices may be affected on the downside given its low float

================

Background info from Google Finance

Hidden Content:
Sinovac Biotech Ltd. is a holding company that conducts its business in China, through its 71.56%-owned subsidiary, Sinovac Beijing, and its wholly owned subsidiaries, Tangshan Yian and Sinovac Hong Kong. It is an integrated biopharmaceutical company that focuses on the research, development, manufacturing and commercialization of vaccines that protect against human infectious diseases. The Company’s portfolio of products consists of vaccines against the hepatitis A, hepatitis B and influenza viruses. Its Panflu vaccine is available in China against the H5N1 influenza virus. Its pipeline consists of vaccine candidates in the pre-clinical and clinical development phases in China, including human vaccines for the EV71, Japanese encephalitis and rabies in pre-clinical development, a vaccine for the severe acute respiratory syndrome (SARS) virus that has completed a Phase I clinical trial and a split viron vaccine for the H5N1 influenza virus that has completed a Phase II clinical trial.

1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Re: Sinovac Biotech Ltd (SVA)

Postby iam802 » Fri Oct 23, 2009 11:34 am

Quick link to Reuters containing past news

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/k ... 1022133000

Latest News from Reuters
- receive approval to distribute in Mexico
- receive approval to distribute in HK
- receive 2nd order from the China Central Govt.

Others
- India banks on Chinese H1N1 vaccine
http://www.hindustantimes.com/rssfeed/w ... 67391.aspx

iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Tue Oct 27, 2009 9:56 pm

Sinovac Biotech Ltd. Obtains Third H1N1 Vaccine Order From Chinese Central Government
8:00am EDT

http://www.reuters.com/finance/stocks/k ... 1027120000

Sinovac Biotech Ltd. announced that it has received its third purchase order for its H1N1 vaccine, PANFLU.1, from China's Ministry of Industry and Information Technology for the national stockpiling plan.

Under this purchase order, Sinovac is required to produce an additional 5.19 million doses of PANFLU.1 (15ug/0.5ml) for the Chinese central government. Out of announced PANFLU.1 order, Sinovac is required to complete delivery of 2.89 million doses to the appointed provincial and municipal governments by the end of this year and supply the remaining 2.3 million doses for the central government stockpiling.

The latest 5.19 million dose purchase order is in addition to an initial order for 3.3 million doses and second order for 3 million doses received by Sinovac from the Ministry of Industry and Information Technology of China on September 4, 2009 and September 30, 2009, respectively, for a total of 11.49 million doses.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Wed Oct 28, 2009 12:12 am

congrats !!!
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Tue Nov 03, 2009 11:18 pm

so, is this good or bad?

What is the diff?

==
Sinovac Biotech will voluntarily transfer its stock exchange listing from the NYSE Amex to the NASDAQ on November 16

http://news.moneycentral.msn.com/provid ... d=10628964

iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:42 pm

H1N1 vaccine and common flu vaccine to merge

http://www.chinadaily.com.cn/world/2009 ... 925356.htm
--

Sinovac Biotech Co Ltd is doing research to merge the A(H1N1) flu vaccine and traditional flu vaccine into one, qianlong.com reported Friday.

The website learned from Sinovec that the company expects to provide the two-in-one vaccine next year.

Currently, people cannot receive the A(H1N1) flu vaccine if they have received a traditional flu vaccine within two weeks.

Sinovac developed the first A(H1N1) flu vaccine in the world and it gained governmental approval to produce its A(H1N1) flu vaccine on September 3 of this year, according to xinhuanet.com.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Nov 09, 2009 10:44 pm

i think this is doing pretty nicely .... congrats !!!
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby helios » Mon Nov 09, 2009 11:06 pm

Congrats, Bro :!:
Well done.
helios
Permanent Loafer

Postby iam802 » Thu Nov 12, 2009 9:57 pm

SVA is showing some bullish signs.

From the Ichimoku Daily Chart, we can see the following:

1. Price is about to break above the kumo

2. Both the Tenkan sen and Kijun sen is pointing upwards.

Earnings results will be announced in a couple of days. If it is positive and stay above the kumo, we have a good entry.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Fri Nov 13, 2009 12:31 am

this baby is really climbing steadily... you chose a better counter compared to me...i must learn to pick stocks from you ;)

kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Next

Return to S to Z