3Par (PAR)

3Par (PAR)

Postby iam802 » Fri Jan 30, 2009 11:18 pm

3PAR Reports Financial Results for Third Quarter of Fiscal 2009

http://www.marketwire.com/press-release ... 43379.html

FREMONT, CA--(Marketwire - January 29, 2009) - 3PAR Inc. (NYSE: PAR), a leading global provider of utility storage, today reported results for the third quarter of fiscal year 2009, which ended December 31, 2008. Revenue for the third quarter was $48.2 million, an increase of 57% compared to revenue of $30.8 million for the same period a year ago, and an increase of 7% compared to $45.1 million in the prior quarter, which ended September 30, 2008.

For the third quarter of fiscal 2009, GAAP net income was $461,000, or $0.01 per share compared to GAAP net loss of $1.9 million, or ($0.05) per share for the same period in the prior year. Non-GAAP net income, which excludes the impact of stock-based compensation expense, for the third quarter of fiscal 2009 was $2.3 million, or $0.04 per share, compared to non-GAAP net loss of $664,000, or ($0.02) per share for the same period in the prior year.

"The strong financial results we report for the third quarter of fiscal 2009 result from a continued focus on fiscal discipline and reflect the unique value that 3PAR Utility Storage brings to organizations that need to do more with less in challenging economic times," said David Scott, Chief Executive Officer. "As datacenters have continued to look for new ways to economize, they have continued to turn to 3PAR to lower CAPEX and OPEX by reducing disk capacity purchases, energy costs, and storage administration effort by up to 80%."

Additional Third Quarter Fiscal 2009 Financial Information

3PAR reports operating income (loss), net income (loss), and earnings (loss) per share (EPS) on a GAAP and on a non-GAAP basis, which excludes the impact of stock-based compensation expense. The non-GAAP measures are described in greater detail below and are reconciled to the corresponding GAAP measures in the accompanying financial tables.

-- GAAP operating income for the third quarter of fiscal 2009 was
$507,000, or 1% of revenue. This compares to GAAP operating loss of $1.4
million in the second quarter of fiscal 2009, or 3% of revenue. Non-GAAP
operating income in the third quarter of fiscal 2009 was $2.4 million, or
5% of revenue. This compares to non-GAAP operating income of $291,000, or
1% of revenue, in the second quarter of fiscal 2009. GAAP net income for
the third quarter of fiscal 2009 was $461,000 as compared to a GAAP net
loss of $1.2 million in the second quarter of fiscal 2009. Non-GAAP net
income in the third quarter of fiscal 2009 was $2.3 million, compared to
$520,000 in the second quarter of fiscal 2009.

-- GAAP EPS for the third quarter of fiscal 2009 was $0.01 on 63.1
million diluted shares outstanding, compared to ($0.02) in the second
quarter of fiscal 2009 on 60.6 million shares outstanding. Non-GAAP EPS in
the third quarter of fiscal 2009 was $0.04 compared to $0.01 in the second
quarter of fiscal 2009.

-- Non-GAAP operating income, non-GAAP net income, and non-GAAP EPS are
computed net of stock-based compensation. In the third and second quarters
of fiscal 2009, the charges related to stock-based compensation were $1.9
million and $1.7 million, respectively.

Reconciliations of Non-GAAP measures to GAAP operating loss, net loss, and EPS are included at the end of this release.
1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Re: 3Par (PAR)

Postby kennynah » Sat Jan 31, 2009 3:18 am

a leading global provider of utility storage

apa ini means?

thanks anyways 802 for highlighting this....:)

not too liquid...
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Wed Apr 15, 2009 10:13 pm

Good news for 3PAR

Source : http://finance.yahoo.com/news/San-Jose- ... 30015.html

FREMONT, CA–(MARKET WIRE)–Apr 15, 2009 — 3PAR® (NYSE:PAR - News), the leading global provider of utility storage, was cited as the seventh fastest growing public company in Silicon Valley in 2008, according to the Silicon Valley 150 list compiled annually by the San Jose Mercury News. 3PAR debuts on the Silicon Valley 150 with a ranking of 122 and 83% growth in 2008 — a year during which one-third of the companies on the list actually saw sales fall.

“Even in a challenging IT climate in which the Silicon Valley 150 companies grew collectively at a mere 5.2 percent, 3PAR continued to win over brand-name customers with our innovative, cost-saving, and energy-saving utility storage technology,” said David Scott, CEO of 3PAR.

The Silicon Valley 150 ranks public companies headquartered in Santa Clara, Santa Cruz, southern San Mateo, and southern Alameda counties on the basis of worldwide revenues (”Sales”) for the most recent available four quarters as of March 31. Most results are for the four quarters ended on or near Dec. 31, 2008.

To view the full article: http://www.mercurynews.com/sv150/

Interesting enough. In the same report, PALM was listed among the TOP 10 for Biggest Percentage Drop and SUN Microsystems (JAVA) is among the TOP 10 for Biggest Dollar Drop.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 10:35 pm

unusually high volume has push 3Par to above $10

iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Wed Jul 15, 2009 9:59 pm

this one goner. gap down today

==

3Par Issues Rev Warning; Trouble In Storage Sector

http://blogs.barrons.com/techtraderdail ... hoobarrons

Storage systems provider 3Par (PAR) this afternoon warned that results for its fiscal first quarter ended June 30 will be short of previous guidance.

The company now sees revenue of $44.2 million to $44.5 million, down 8%-9% sequentially, and below pervious guidance of $48 million to $50 million. The company blamed the shortfall on “installation delays at customer sites which prevented the recognition of significant revenue from shipments out of the company’s backlog, as well as a weaker demand environment experienced during the quarter.”

The company expects to post a non-GAAP loss in the quarter of zero to one cents a share. The Street had expected a profit of a penny a share.

CEO David Scott said in a statement that that the company “obviously expected to perform better in the first quarter and are disappointed with the sequential decrease.”

He also made this disturbing comment - disturbing to anyone betting on a near-term pick-up in IT spending: “During the June quarter, we saw spending restrictions across many segments of our business as a result of the economic downturn, reflected as a sluggishness to place new orders. This phenomena increased in intensity towards the end of our first quarter, similar to the turbulence we experienced at the end of our fiscal 2009 third quarter, as there was a renewed reluctance amongst prospective and existing customers to commit to major capital expenditure.”

Scott says the company now sees revenue for the March 2010 fiscal year of $190 millionto $205 million, with non-GAAP profits of zero to 10 cents a share. The Street consensus had been $201.3 million in revenue and profits of 16 cents a share.

For the September quarter, the company sees revenue of $43 million to $47 million; the Street had been at $50.7 million.

The company also said that while it is reaffirming its long-term operating margin target of 15%-19%, it no longer believes it can hit the low end of the range by FY 2011. To hit that level, the company said , will require a run rate of $100 million a quarter. Right now, that looks a long way off.

In late trading, PAR is down $1.03, to $10.42.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby blid2def » Wed Jul 15, 2009 10:49 pm

Well, at least it's just a delay, not cancellation. I guess kind of like what's described by the Double-Take Software (DBTK) CEO also: customers are pushing out orders it seems.
blid2def
Permanent Loafer

Postby iam802 » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:40 pm

A little review of my mistakes:

==
3Par issues revenue warning recently and with that news it gapped down hard from 11.45 to 9.68

I was caught off guard. A huge mistake on my part as I have not been reviewing its daily chart for some time.

A closer look will review that there is a danger on July 8 as the price fell and cuts the Kijun sen. A signal that should have flagged off and tell me to take my profit and walk away.

With the gap down, needless to say, the Daily Chart also exhibit a bearish Tenkan sen – Kijun sen cross. (>> me: Needless to say, I cut my position the moment I saw this news.)

On the Weekly Chart, we can see that the kumo is thinning out; probably a suggestion that the demand for the stock is going down as well. With thinning kumo as support, it will suggest that the support level is weak below the current price level.

Last edited by iam802 on Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:48 pm, edited 2 times in total.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby kennynah » Mon Jul 20, 2009 2:43 pm

sorry to hear of your recent loss on this trade...

but heck, you at least know your mistakes...when some times, most of us don't even know what hit us....

we all pay some for lessons and refresher courses... :mrgreen:

good luck on your next one...and am sure you will more than recover and some more..
Options Strategies & Discussions .(Trading Discipline : The Science of Constantly Acting on Knowledge Consistently - kennynah).Investment Strategies & Ideas

Image..................................................................<A fool gives full vent to his anger, but a wise man keeps himself under control-Proverbs 29:11>.................................................................Image
kennynah
Lord of the Lew Lian

Postby iam802 » Fri Sep 11, 2009 10:09 pm

3PAR appoints Regional Director for APAC.

http://www.3par.com/news_events/20090825.html

Note:
- good news; can't run APAC just by relying on distributor
- need a man on the ground
- region too fragmented with different business climate

What's next?
- look for more partnership announcements ?
- Australia economy is doing relatively well. Expect deals to come in from AU first.

iam802
Big Boss

Postby iam802 » Tue Sep 29, 2009 2:23 pm

3PAR (PAR) : Breaking Ichimoku Kumo Resistance

---
It seems that 3PAR is rallying again.

For the past 3-4 days, it has been trying to break the kumo resistance on the Ichimoku Daily Chart.

Currently, the price is right at the kumo resistance level at 10.70. Just ahead a little bit more, another resistance can be found at 10.87.

Looking at the leading kumo, we can also see that it has twisted; a suggestion that the trend has changed.

I will be very careful on placing big bets on 3PAR at this moment. It was only back in July that they issued revenue warning. What has changed since then?

The only thing I know is their appointment of a Regional Director for Asia Pacific. In my opinion, iff things go smoothly, the earliest we can see a deal will be February 2010. Remember, Asia Pacific is fragmented and is not a homogeneous market like the US, or Japan.

Vested. I have a small position as of this writing.

iam802
Big Boss

Next

Return to S to Z