Roche Holding Ltd. (RHHBY)

Postby winston » Sat Dec 24, 2016 10:14 pm

not vested

Roche Holding Ltd. (RHHBY) Still Has a Few Tricks Up its Sleeve

The Big Pharma is set to have a very good 2017 and put 2016 behind it

By Richard Band

Source: Profitable Investing

http://investorplace.com/2016/12/roche- ... F58ivl96M8
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Roche Holding Ltd. (RHHBY)

Postby winston » Mon Apr 03, 2017 9:00 am

not vested

At the moment, my #1 buy is a global leader in both biotechnology and conventional medicines. It’s Roche Holding AB (NASDAQ: RHHBY).

Roche’s main drivers of revenue growth today are a pair of blockbuster cancer therapies, but it’s also got a very promising multiple sclerosis drug in the pipeline as well.

The company has a deep commitment to R&D that has paid off again and again. In fact, it’s the only company to win 13 “Breakthrough Therapy Designations from the US Food and Drug Administration.

Its big research operation is one reason I favor it over the small biotechs that are betting it all on just one breakthrough drug.

Sure, the Gilead or Celgene that hits it big is fun, but scores of small pharmas burn through their cash without ever reaching the finish line…or their research simply never holds up…or they can’t navigate the maze of tests, trials, and approvals to get to a marketable drug.

The best part of the Roche story is that the company is temporarily on sale. You see, another drug company in need of cash owns a third of my favorite drug company’s shares.

And whenever Wall Street hears that a big block of stock is about to be moved, they like to mark down the entire company as if it should be on sale.

Act now and you can pick up the shares at a nice discount to its real value and lock in abnormally high capital gains from a true blue chip.

Throw in a 5-year average dividend of 3.24% and you’ve got a stock I’ll likely be holding for years. No wonder it’s my favorite of the half-dozen pharma stocks in my portfolio right now.

Source: Profitable Investing
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: Roche Holding Ltd. (RHHBY)

Postby winston » Wed Apr 01, 2020 9:41 pm

not vested

Roche Holdings (RHHBY) has been working closely with the FDA to develop faster tests for coronavirus.

Just last week before the floor was closed, traders at the New York Stock Exchange were greeted by healthcare workers taking their temperature before they could enter their workplace.

In the same way that post-9/11 rules had us all removing our shoes before boarding an airplane, it is not inconceivable that post coronavirus lockdown, we could find ourselves being tested before entering work or paid events. The company that develops the best and fastest test will surely profit greatly.

Not only is Roche developing new tests for COVID-19, but it is also testing some of its already developed drugs, such as one for arthritis, which may be beneficial in the treatment of coronavirus.

Roche revenue increased 9% in full year 2019 versus 2018. The company grew its diagnostic (testing) business 3% and its pharmaceuticals business 11%.

If my assumptions are correct, diagnostics may become a much larger driver of revenue going forward.

Source: Daily Trade Alert
winston
Billionaire Boss

Return to L to R