PayPal (PYPL)

PayPal (PYPL)

Postby winston » Sun Oct 04, 2015 8:21 am

not vested

PayPal: Can Acquisitions Keep PYPL Stock Alive?

PayPal seems to be trying to expand, but can PYPL stock thrive without eBay?

By Hilary Kramer

Source: Game Changers

http://investorplace.com/2015/10/paypal ... hBuNdIirIU
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Re: PayPal (PYPL)

Postby winston » Wed Mar 23, 2016 1:25 pm

not vested

PayPal Holdings Inc: These Catalysts Could Send PYPL Stock Soaring

PayPal is in a nice position to capitalize on the mobile payments revolution

By Tom Taulli

Source: InvestorPlace

http://investorplace.com/2016/03/paypal ... vIPovl96M8
It's all about "how much you made when you were right" & "how little you lost when you were wrong"
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Sat Dec 03, 2016 5:13 pm

not vested

Tech Stocks to Buy: PayPal (PYPL)

The mobile payments industry seems like a can’t-miss growth opportunity. According to eMarketer, U.S. volume alone is forecast to jump from $8.71 billion in 2015 to a whopping $210.45 billion by 2019. That’s more than 2,300%!

This year’s start of the holiday shopping season is pointing toward exactly why mobile payments should explode. Last week’s Black Friday was the first time that mobile purchases exceed $1 billion on a daily basis, according to research from Adobe Systems Incorporated (NASDAQ:ADBE).

And here, the Trump administration might actually provide some momentum. The deregulation of the financial services industry likely would be a positive — not just for the big banks, but for anyone in payments services, too.

All this seems to be very good news for PayPal Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:PYPL). The company, which is a pioneer of the online payments industry, has a tremendous brand, sophisticated infrastructure and a diverse platform of services, such as for international remittances and merchant systems. Plus, PYPL operates the Venmo payments app, which has become a must-have for millennials.

I like the valuation on PayPal stock right now, which stands at 23 times forward earnings. That seems more than reasonable in light of the projected growth rate of 17% for the next five years.

Source: Investor Place
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Mar 23, 2017 7:28 am

This Disruptive Trend Could Soon Be Worth $86 Billion – Here’s How Investors Can Get in Right Now

By Shah Gilani

P2P really started to take off with the advent of smartphone apps like Venmo, a leader in the industry. Venmo is growing at a rapid pace – after processing $7.5 billion in payments in 2015, the company eclipsed that total in 2016, processing $12.1 billion in payments in just the first three quarters of 2016 (according to the latest data).

Venmo doesn’t make money through advertisements or one-on-one transactions. The use of a debit card or a connection to a bank account makes the use of the service absolutely free. It’s when a user pays with a credit card that part of the 3% card processing fee goes into Venmo’s pockets.

PayPal has over 197 million (as Q4 2016) active accounts worldwide.

in 2015, PayPal acquired Braintree, which previously acquired Venmo.

Venmo is much more popular with millennials than PayPal.Me, and adds substantial value to PayPal’s P2P future.

Users are not fans of setting up the complicated Google Wallet system

Source: WS Insights

http://wallstreetinsightsandindictments ... /#deeplink
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Jun 29, 2017 11:17 am

not vested

Stocks to Buy: PayPal Holdings Inc (PYPL)

Every portfolio needs a “sure bet” to support it during lean times. For me, this clutch asset was bitcoin. But for those that prefer traditional stocks to buy, one of my best ideas ever is PayPal Holdings Inc (NASDAQ:PYPL).

PYPL is what I call the conservative paper-pusher’s bitcoin — and I mean that in the best way possible. I’ve long been a proponent of PayPal, having used its platform extensively for my business.

Aside from that, every single metric screamed that PYPL is one of the hottest stocks to buy. In my opinion, the biggest catalyst is that society is steadily embracing the digitalization of money.

I don’t like to make grandiose statements about any company, no matter how great they are. The markets tend to punish hubris in the cruelest of manners. Nevertheless, last November, I wrote that “Investing in PYPL stock is simply gambling that the sun will rise.”

And rise it did. Since that article was published, PYPL has gained nearly 32%. Amid the cryptocurrency rally, I believe that PayPal has even more upside. A few years back, the company announced a partnership with three bitcoin-based service providers. In addition to the enormity of the deal, it critically “normalized” bitcoin as a legitimate, dollar alternative.

It’s patently evident from the cryptocurrency’s mercurial surge that people want to be paid in bitcoin. I believe that PayPal recognizes this development and will eventually integrate major digital coins into its network.

winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Tue Jul 18, 2017 8:22 pm

not vested

FORGET YOUR WALLET – YOU WON'T BE NEEDING IT

Today's chart highlights a leader in mobile payments...

A huge trend is emerging... We're talking about the shift toward a "cashless" society.

Regular readers know that Steve believes no one will carry a wallet in five years as more people use their smartphones for daily purchases. Today, we're seeing more proof that this trend is catching on...

PayPal (PYPL) is a global leader in online payments, serving more than 200 countries (in 25 different currencies). People love using PayPal because of its privacy features. On its platform, you can pay for goods and services without sharing any of your financial information... And you can do it all on your smartphone with the touch of a button.

PayPal's mobile business is increasing... The company reported that its first-quarter mobile payments increased 51% over the same period last year.

Source: Daily Wealth
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Wed Aug 23, 2017 8:55 pm

not vested

This is a Stock You Should Look to Accumulate

by Michael A. Robinson

In the second quarter, PayPal saw a 20% increase in revenue and a 26% gain in payment volumes, beating earnings forecasts.

Source: Money Morning

http://dailytradealert.com/2017/08/23/s ... ccumulate/
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby winston » Thu Aug 24, 2017 2:45 pm

not vested

The Strongest Stocks to Buy: PayPal (PYPL)

The online payments system operator has been an absolute beast in 2017, rising 54% so far.

Like AAPL, the August stock drop barely left a scratch on PayPal’s uptrend. And with Tuesday’s 2.4% pop, it looks like PYPL is itching to kick off its next advance.

PayPal also is just a couple points below all-time highs.

The consolidation over the past month has allowed PayPal to digest its gains and build a base for the next advance.

Breakout setups like this attract chart watchers across the globe. No doubt they’re flocking to the stock as I type. The relative strength in PYPL stock has been off the charts, and impressively, sellers have lacked any conviction whatsoever.

Throw it all together, and PayPal is a buy with a stop-loss below $57.60.

Source: OptionsAnalytix
winston
Billionaire Boss

Postby iam802 » Fri Oct 20, 2017 1:23 pm

Venmo users can now shop online anywhere PayPal is accepted in the U.S.

https://techcrunch.com/2017/10/17/venmo ... n-the-u-s/

PayPal this morning announced its mobile payments service Venmo is now available at over 2 million online U.S retailers, allowing Venmo users to shop on the mobile web at almost everywhere PayPal is accepted today. This includes popular retailers like Lululemon, Forever21 and Foot Locker via the mobile web, the company says.

As with PayPal, eligible purchases bought using Venmo online will qualify for purchase protection, too. For example, consumers can request a full refund if they don’t receive an item or if it’s significantly different than described.

The move to make Venmo an online checkout option will give merchants a better way to attract millennial shoppers, PayPal explains, as the customer base for the social payments app skews millennial and its users are heavily engaged.

“Offering a way to pay at millions of retailers is a major step in the evolution of Venmo,” said Bill Ready, Chief Operating Officer of PayPal, in a statement. “Our vision for Venmo is to not only be the go-to app for payments between friends, but also a ubiquitous digital wallet that helps consumers spend wherever and however they want to pay, regardless of device,” he added.

1. Always wait for the setup. NO SETUP; NO TRADE

2. The trend will END but I don't know WHEN.

TA and Options stuffs on InvestIdeas:
The Ichimoku Thread | Option Strategies Thread | Japanese Candlesticks Thread
iam802
Big Boss

Postby winston » Fri Dec 29, 2017 10:36 pm

This Stock is Set for a Big 2018

by Louis Navellier

The most exciting news is the launch of PayPal’s Venmo peer-to-peer payment solution. It was up 93% in Q3 to $9.4 billion.

PYPL’s payment system isn’t platform dependent. It works with Android, iOS and isn’t linked to larger banks.

PYPL stock is trading at price-to-earnings ratio of 58 with a nearly $90 billion market cap.

Bear in mind, this P/E reflects a 90% move in the stock without Q4 holiday numbers.

http://dailytradealert.com/2017/12/29/a ... -big-2018/
winston
Billionaire Boss

Next

Return to L to R